o0620062014154646613.jpg.95c4f3fb144b7aefa48520d75b885cde.jpg

Is that what constitutes an empty helmet from an angle?

But yeah,  we don't see a open visor helmet picture off the head and in hand tho..
looking at the hair on stick's forehead being different, not to mention facial expression....

o0620062014154646601.jpg.632b7b32a7da717e2ea2b444438baaaf.jpg

Edited by seti88

22 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Is that what constitutes an empty helmet from an angle?

But yeah,  we don't see a open visor helmet picture off the head and in hand tho..
looking at the hair on stick's forehead being different, not to mention facial expression....

Probably it's going to be like Beagle's. You have to close the visor down if you want the figure to hold the helmet as is. ;) 

VmiCN9F.jpg 

does anyone have any communication with the guys at Riobot or the designers?? maybe we can show them the forum and the issues we are having and see... never know, might work.

Just randomly ranting and raving on a forum that none of the creators see doesnt do much

6 minutes ago, Snake Eyes said:

does anyone have any communication with the guys at Riobot or the designers?? maybe we can show them the forum and the issues we are having and see... never know, might work.

Just randomly ranting and raving on a forum that none of the creators see doesnt do much

I don't think it will matter now. This is already in the final phase of production. I don't think they will change it. Besides, we always rant here pretty much about everything. For years that I've been posting here, I can't remember any specific posts that pertains to some member here having some interactions or any with a company that's producing the toy. There's some twitter posts posted here involving Mr. K of Arcadia but nothing beyond that they will change something just because some forum/er have a negative thing to say about it. Right now, all we have to do is just accept it for what it is. Still, I'm sure that will not stop future ranting once the item is in our hands. ^_^ 

Whilst feedback to the creators would be welcome,  matters like color and looks might not be effective communications.

As for the visor, it clearly is in aramaki's artwork, omitting it would cause others to gripe abt it not being faithful to the art.
The other fact is also some like it, some dont, so not a strong case in any point.

Free to voice in forums of course, but to creators am not sure if it would be effective, since its largely subjective.

36 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

For years that I've been posting here, I can't remember any specific posts that pertains to some member here having some interactions or any with a company that's producing the toy.

So you weren't here back when Graham had a direct line to Yamato..? And, yeah, they did use to listen for the most part.

Either way, I agree with what you and seti88 said. It's not going to change at this point. It could just be the lighting making the visor's details more obvious, at least that's what I'm hoping... :unsure:

10 minutes ago, Tober said:

So you weren't here back when Graham had a direct line to Yamato..? And, yeah, they did use to listen for the most part.

Either way, I agree with what you and seti88 said. It's not going to change at this point. It could just be the lighting making the visor's details more obvious, at least that's what I'm hoping... :unsure:

Sad to say, no. :unsure: I basically started (re)collecting Macross on 2013, just right after Yamato folded. I wasn't that super active in posting after joining the forum back in 2007 so I kind of missed out all the production talk between Yamato and Graham. So most of the things that I've been noticing here are the recent posts and tweets between some members and Mr.K/Arcadia. And I have a feeling that it's probably not the same compared to what Graham and Yamato did. Would be nice though if some production people from Japan would spend some time and see all the things that we're posting. ^_^ 

15 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Sad to say, no. :unsure: I basically started (re)collecting Macross on 2013, just right after Yamato folded. I wasn't that super active in posting after joining the forum back in 2007 so I kind of missed out all the production talk between Yamato and Graham. So most of the things that I've been noticing here are the recent posts and tweets between some members and Mr.K/Arcadia. And I have a feeling that it's probably not the same compared to what Graham and Yamato did. Would be nice though if some production people from Japan would spend some time and see all the things that we're posting. ^_^ 

From what I remember, Yamato stopped responding to most of Graham's emails after becoming Arcadia. He gathered feedback through the forum and gave it to Yamato to consider. Most of the other members here who had contact with the Japanese toy makers have left or are inactive. Yamato didn't read the forums though, they barely speak English, and it would just be confusing.

You could try contacting Sentinel at info@sentinel-toys.com . When I asked them about the release date for the Stick back in very early January, they just said to watch Facebook for updates from marketing. So I don't think it would get very far... :unsure: You would need to ask for a company representative willing to pass on views from the international market - and already we have people here who like and don't like the helmet design. Or ask if they would consider including a variant this far into production. Or include two with the Rey release as an extra incentive... along with the missile launcher!! :D 

1 hour ago, Tober said:

ahhh... the yamato days :D

I was kinda on the fence about this due to price,  but the visor is just dumb. The face tends to be a major focal point and those lines in or out of the visor are just ugly. It’s a real shame since everything else looks alright for the kind of item it is.

We already know it's based upon the art not the Anime. 

So targeting is HUD in the helmet based. So why not have this design with the helmet visor? Could be how the HUD works, offers better Armour?

I don't mind it tbh and worse case it's something you could probably get fixed after market with a 3d printed clear visor or hand made.

So just release these so can get mine to have fun with LOL

14 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

You can sell the helmet to me and just use the stock helmet-less head. ;)

Ha! Nice try buddy, I only have one on order. You might have better luck w someone who has 2 or more. 

And right on time we have...:lol:

14 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

wut? need a custom made visor now. have them both on order at cdjapan and hlj

Hey Dave, I think someone needs to chat w you about a potential sale. 

-b.

1 hour ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Ha! Nice try buddy, I only have one on order. You might have better luck w someone who has 2 or more. 

-b.

i have 1 Stick on order at CDjapan 

1 Stick and 1 Rey at HLJB))

yes it is there... but if you look at the initial prototype figure that was shown a while ago, THAT is more how it should be.
the current version just seems much more pronounced

5 hours ago, Snake Eyes said:

Any toy producer releasing anything Macross, Mospeada or SC related that were to visit this site would EXPECT most of Macrossworld to have plenty negative to say about whatever they're producing. I imagine they'd take our input with a gigantic house sized grain of salt. 

1 hour ago, davidwhangchoi said:

Nice!

43 minutes ago, SuperDimensionalDave said:

Any toy producer releasing anything Macross, Mospeada or SC related that were to visit this site would EXPECT most of Macrossworld to have plenty negative to say about whatever they're producing. I imagine they'd take our input with a gigantic house sized grain of salt. 

:lol::lol::lol:

Part of me wants to debate the "most" part of your statement and say the "incredibly ridiculously vocal minority" - but "most" plus the "gigantic grain" of salt is so much funnier (and probably truer as well).

-b.

We can complain all we want about how something looks.  But unless it causes a dip in sales, companies are going to do what they are going to do.  That's the problem with these types of hobbies -- there are always customers/fanboys who complain about the product, but they spend money on it anyway.  As long as something sells, there's no real incentive for companies to change course. 

I can't complain about any part of this release (at least aesthetically, once I get it if there are actual build quality/durability issues that'll be different). The fact that another company (and a really good one) is taking a stab at this toy at all is amazing. And if the worst issue you have with it is that you hate the visor, we'll consider yourselves fortunate. Because there would be no funky visor if the toy never existed. I'm still shocked they're even making this. Personally I find my Beagle Mospeada's riders clothes turning to red and blue dandruff far more stressing.  If this has no durability or wear issues I'll be one happy SOB. And I'll mod/customize anything on the toy I don't prefer. And I'll be happy doing it!

Just now, SuperDimensionalDave said:

I can't complain about any part of this release (at least aesthetically, once I get it if there are actual build quality/durability issues that'll be different). The fact that another company (and a really good one) is taking a stab at this toy at all is amazing. And if the worst issue you have with it is that you hate the visor, we'll consider yourselves fortunate. Because there would be no funky visor if the toy never existed. I'm still shocked they're even making this. Personally I find my Beagle Mospeada's riders clothes turning to red and blue dandruff far more stressing.  If this has no durability or wear issues I'll be one happy SOB. And I'll mod/customize anything on the toy I don't prefer. And I'll be happy doing it!

Here Here.

4 hours ago, teckno viking said:

We already know it's based upon the art not the Anime. 

So targeting is HUD in the helmet based. So why not have this design with the helmet visor? Could be how the HUD works, offers better Armour?

I don't mind it tbh and worse case it's something you could probably get fixed after market with a 3d printed clear visor or hand made.

So just release these so can get mine to have fun with LOL

Yeah, I ordered 2 of each because my plan is to have some fun, keeping one of each stock and one of each modded. I'll probably end up 3d printing the rocket launcher from the art, a rear mudguard for symmetry on the two tires, a clear visor, and one with the lines/marks/HUD only on the inside of the visor. Might do some alternate footpegs with shifter/brake, depending on how the toy looks once I actually get it in hand. This is the fun part. Taking what looks to be a fantastic toy, and making it fit your own personal tastes.

would love a rear mudguard, but it might need a swivel point on the wheel otherwise it might be on the other side of the wheel once transformed.
will need to look into it

4 minutes ago, Snake Eyes said:

would love a rear mudguard, but it might need a swivel point on the wheel otherwise it might be on the other side of the wheel once transformed.
will need to look into it

It actually looks to me (from following the transformation pics) like it will be pretty close to the right position... but yeah, it will need to be looked into. Might need at least a small range of motion.

The visor on the prototype was SUBTLE like in the artwork.  In fact, I didn't even see them in the original images until this monstrosity of a change surfaced and I looked back.  The original prototype was just fine and was true to the artwork (which was also so subtle you could barely tell).  Again, I'll hope a 3rd Party company makes a replacement visor for this line.  

Are the Yellow/Lancer and Bartley/Rook included in that artwork book?  Are they substantially different from the anime versions if so?

On 3/27/2018 at 1:31 PM, Snake Eyes said:

is it just me or in comparison to the initial model that was shown, the visor is lighter and far more "busy" almost as if they turned it inside out. Could also be lighting...

Original showing

original.jpg.162eb13c99afe92f3bbecf6b2a4f4b55.jpg

Latest showing

latest.jpg.ba20cc75a3f9488ce234680e6f74404c.jpg

Still no shoulder scope (but i guess they opted for the "thats all done in the helmet with a HUD" approach)

Also, I dont think the steering turns at all, will limit some of the poses you can strike if looking to be accurate

just to re-iterate

6 hours ago, Tober said:

From what I remember, Yamato stopped responding to most of Graham's emails after becoming Arcadia. He gathered feedback through the forum and gave it to Yamato to consider. Most of the other members here who had contact with the Japanese toy makers have left or are inactive. Yamato didn't read the forums though, they barely speak English, and it would just be confusing.

You could try contacting Sentinel at info@sentinel-toys.com . When I asked them about the release date for the Stick back in very early January, they just said to watch Facebook for updates from marketing. So I don't think it would get very far... :unsure: You would need to ask for a company representative willing to pass on views from the international market - and already we have people here who like and don't like the helmet design. Or ask if they would consider including a variant this far into production. Or include two with the Rey release as an extra incentive... along with the missile launcher!! :D 

1 hour ago, jenius said:

I know a guy at Sentinel, hoping to see him at Comic Con. I will relay some thoughts.

Would be nice though if LEY's will be the one having that Missile Launcher as per the book cover. Hopefully Jenius can forward that info on the guy he knows. ;)

5 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

-b.

4 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

Look! David has an extra Stick. If you don't like Stick's helmet, let me know. ;) But I'm actually thinking what would I do with the extra helmet, B? :lol:

2 hours ago, SuperSenpai said:

We can complain all we want about how something looks.  But unless it causes a dip in sales, companies are going to do what they are going to do.  That's the problem with these types of hobbies -- there are always customers/fanboys who complain about the product, but they spend money on it anyway.  As long as something sells, there's no real incentive for companies to change course. 

The reason also why we still buy the things we have complaints about it is that there's nothing besides it out there. It's not like a lot of companies doing the same thing so we can have options. If we like, we just buy it. If we have complaints about it, we still buy it and just ignore the things we complain about. The only time we don't buy it is if we really don't like it or it's already out of our budget. People will not be satisfied until they're the ones who's going to make their own thing. ^_^ But I don't have that sets of skill so I rather get it as is. Besides, I don't have complains on the visor. The only thing that bothers me is the location of the foot rest. ;)

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

Yeah, I ordered 2 of each because my plan is to have some fun, keeping one of each stock and one of each modded. I'll probably end up 3d printing the rocket launcher from the art, a rear mudguard for symmetry on the two tires, a clear visor, and one with the lines/marks/HUD only on the inside of the visor. Might do some alternate footpegs with shifter/brake, depending on how the toy looks once I actually get it in hand. This is the fun part. Taking what looks to be a fantastic toy, and making it fit your own personal tastes.

Maybe you need to order 2 extra more. You never know if they will going to release Fuke's and Yellow's incarnation of this design. Atleast you already have extras to work your 3D magic on. ;)

50 minutes ago, protostar8 said:

The visor on the prototype was SUBTLE like in the artwork.  In fact, I didn't even see them in the original images until this monstrosity of a change surfaced and I looked back.  The original prototype was just fine and was true to the artwork (which was also so subtle you could barely tell).  Again, I'll hope a 3rd Party company makes a replacement visor for this line. 

Are the Yellow/Lancer and Bartley/Rook included in that artwork book?  Are they substantially different from the anime versions if so?

Who knows? Maybe when these two figures gets a success run, they will decide to create and expand this line with the actual anime design that comes with a clear visor. Who knows, right? If that happens, I'm IN for those 4 cool looking Ride Armors. I'll probably get doubles of those. ^_^