I just transformed my Ray for the first time. It wasn't as bad as people make it out to be. The instructions are some of the best I've ever seen. However, I did have some issues.

I think around step 56 it got a little annoying, but the worst part for me was getting the arms all connected. It wasn't very clear. And flipping the shoulders.

And one side of the chest doesn't seem to want to come forward enough to stay connected.

Also, I can't get the tire thrusters to pop out either. Not sure why.

AND it doesn't appear that the stand and back want to slot together... anybody else have that issue?

eRpTyCjl.jpgsr2L7LQl.jpg

rSpsnHo.jpg

Edited by Gakken85

The main difficulties I had with transformation were getting the transformed armor suit to peg into the holes on the figure's backside properly -- I don't think I got all of them in. Nonetheless, the thing seemed to hold together. I also used a transformation guide on YouTube in addition to the manual. Personally, I think all modern transforming toys should just send you a link to a video to show you how to transform the thing.

Having transformed it once and back to cycle mode, I usually keep mine displayed in cycle mode. I have a Gakken ride armor toy that I keep displayed in armor mode since the figure for that toy can't really ride the bike in the cycle mode.

Edited by SuperSenpai

Maybe somebody will bring it back some day. Ray was always my favorite so I'm happy haha

I'd love to see slightly larger feet, better chest locking, and better material on the doll.

Edited by Gakken85

Looks good! I see those Brutish dog feet too! haha.

I much prefer it in Armor mode. Love that design and look. I'm not crazy about the white and black stripes on Scotts either, so that's another win for Ray.

I'm debating putting some stickers on, but I usually don't do that.

You can see in this pic the GBP shoulder missile effect looks like it was made for the Beta. The smoke goes exactly around the chest cylinders on the Beta.

BUT do check with Zoffy for some custom effects - I've posted some of his work around MW threads just recently...

post-8486-0-83844500-1376406150_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-80562300-1376406169_thumb.jpg

Does anyone have any images of 1/12 or 1/10 Blow Superior transforming customs?

I started but abandoned a 1/10 Stick just before the announcement of the Beagle. With that line dead, i'm, going to fill that gap with a custom.

I'll most likely use the 1/12 Imai kit as that line was pretty near 1/10 scale with a few adjustments.

Here is one I made a long time ago as a mix of Scott ant Yellow. One maybe this will help. I used the shield from the 1/12 model with the Gakken Scott. Seamed close enough at the time.

DSCN2559.jpg

I like it :)

Do you think the 1/12 Blow Superior shields are big enough for a Beagle figure? I'm keeping an eye out for a decently priced Stick Beagle to replace my broken one. The broken one will be customized into a Yellow.

I like it :)

Do you think the 1/12 Blow Superior shields are big enough for a Beagle figure? I'm keeping an eye out for a decently priced Stick Beagle to replace my broken one. The broken one will be customized into a Yellow.

I'll dig the old gakken out tonight and give it a look see. I'll let you know on Monday. ;)