DOYUSHA 1/144 VF-1j Rick etc

CHAN

I love these little guys they are a little on the expensive side, but they are DIECAST!! and boy am i a sucker for diecast.

I have the following and i can't seem to find the VF-1J Hikaru that HLJ lists as sold out. Does anybody have it? And does anybody know why the line was stopped? I would have love to get the VF-11B at least and the fast pack versions.

VF-1J Max TV

VF-1J Millia TV

VF-1S Roy

VF-1A Hikaru

VF-19A

YF-19

YF-21

I love these little guys they are a little on the expensive side, but they are DIECAST!! and boy am i a sucker for diecast.

I have the following and i can't seem to find the VF-1J Hikaru that HLJ lists as sold out. Does anybody have it? And does anybody know why the line was stopped? I would have love to get the VF-11B at least and the fast pack versions.

VF-1J Max TV

VF-1J Millia TV

VF-1S Roy

VF-1A Hikaru

VF-19A

YF-19

YF-21

There was a VF-1J Hikaru ?!?!? :blink:

I'm still trying to find a reasonably priced VF-1J Max...... <_<

VF-1J Max TV

VF-1J Millia TV

VF-1S Roy

VF-1A Hikaru

VF-19A

YF-19

YF-21

There was a VF-1J Hikaru ?!?!? :blink:

I'm still trying to find a reasonably priced VF-1J Max...... <_<

I am not sure but i am guessing that they did because i see it in HLJ

http://www.hlj.com/cgi-perl/hljpage.cgi?DYSDMM-4

Nice collection Chan.

I could only find the VF1S on a reasonable price. Bought it just because I wanted a more accurate scale. Then I realized they are exactly the same size than the Yellow Sub. and imaii models, there's going to be some mods coming up on 1/144 scale.

It is kinda sad to see the line stopped. But they could have made the series more appealing by making a nifty stand to show the fighters in flight. I also tried to remove the landing gears on mine but only the Hikki 1A and Roy 1S could manage w/o problems. During a HLJ sale I bought an extra Max and Milia so that I could break off the wheels if I wanted to for futur displlay purposes. I still haven't bought the YF-21... but will probably get it in the end.

The Doyusha VF-1J Hikaru was cancelled and never made it into production :(

I agree, these are nice little toys if quite pricey.

IMO, the best of the bunch is the YF-21. I'm still POed that I accidently dropped mine from a height of about 3 feet and it landed on it's plastic canopy, which shattered into about half a dozen small pieces. Have to get a replacement someday.

I'm pretty sure that Doysha has no plans to continue with this line, as sales were somewhat lower than anticipated.

Graham

Gotta agree with Graham on this one. The YF-21 is the best looking Doyusha Macross fighter, followed by the YF-19, IMO. I was really hoping that a VF-11B would be made to complete my Macross Plus collection, but I guess that will never happen. I think the scuplts on the YF-19 and YF-21 are really nice, compared to the Yamato 1/72 series.

I passed on the Doyusha VF-1's because of the availability of fighter appearance accurate VF-1's from Yamato.