Help identify these Yamato/Arcadia Macross Parts?

fifbeat

I've had these laying around for sometime (years), but I can't recall if they're for the 1/48 or 1/60 Yamatos or Arcadias (or both). They fold, too.

My guess is that they're the 1/60 shoulder hinges for either Yamato or Arcadia? Was it Yamato that shipped a bunch of these out to a user on this forum (then he, in turn, distributed them?)

(I have since moved on to the HMR line, so don't have anything to compare them to) 

IMG_4161 2.JPG

IMG_5037 2.JPG

23 minutes ago, jenius said:

Omg I need sets of both colors! They're replacement shoulder hinges.

I'm going to put these guys on eBay, so you'll definitely get your opportunity. :) I'll send you a msg you a direct link when complete.

15 minutes ago, Rabidweezil said:

shoot, I need a set of the tan ones for my original Yamato VF-1D with a broken shoulders. Are you sure we can't negotiate here? Ebay has fees and all

Apologies, Rabidweezil. I never intended to sell these on here (or even advertise them until they were on ebay), but ended up getting PM'd by interested buyers who already made me an offer. If the buyer changes his mind, I'll let you know. 

Edited by fifbeat

1 hour ago, fifbeat said:

I've had these laying around for sometime (years), but I can't recall if they're for the 1/48 or 1/60 Yamatos or Arcadias (or both). They fold, too.

My guess is that they're the 1/60 shoulder hinges for either Yamato or Arcadia? Was it Yamato that shipped a bunch of these out to a user on this forum (then he, in turn, distributed them?)

(I have since moved on to the HMR line, so don't have anything to compare them to) 

IMG_4161 2.JPG

Put me in the queue for those hinges as well.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, fifbeat said:

IMG_4161 2.JPG

IMG_5037 2.JPG

These go for $25 plus shipping on Shapeways.....

https://www.shapeways.com/product/DV3KRQCTN/kanzen-henkei-1-60-scale-fighter-variable-hinge?optionId=3675956&li=shops

The Shapeways versions are a great substitute in the absence of the real thing.  Keep in mind that the shapeways will not match the color of the Yamato VF-1 or VT-T/VF-1D that the hinges are looking to fix.

There is definitely value to using original parts to fix a broken toy, especially for collectors who may not have the needed skills, time or patience to try and color-match the Shapeways parts.  I hope you have received offers in excess of $25 for each pair.

Your post was like tossing bloody chum into shark infested waters!

But know this.....there are way more hungrier sharks on ebay! :D

1d5a938c380c90d0812cf4a133e018fc.jpg

The story behind these is early Yamato Valkyries came out of the factory with gnarled pins that broke the shoulder hinges. Yamato realized their error and through Macrossworld's own Graham, they arranged for hinges to be given for free to people so they could either replace already broken hinges or do preemptive surgery and replace it before it happened..

The white ones aren't such a big deal, as mentioned they can be purchased on Shapeways and are close enough. But the VF-1D tan and VT-1 yellowish are a lot harder to replace.

With that said, I hope these went to multiple people instead of just one person buying them all.

Edited by Rabidweezil
typo

Thanks to all replies.  Someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse.  Sorry to those who were wanting some – I never intended this thread to be a marketplace. :) 

Edited by fifbeat