Macross Nichimo kits

Ranka-Killer

Thank you for posting this, very nice review! (I used youtube's closed captioning > english translation service)

I had no idea the re-releases used stickers and not decals. You are correct in that cutting those out and applying them would be very challenging.
The sculpt of that kit is spot on I think, Nichimo did a great job with something so small.

Look forward to seeing more

Shawn

Bueno Ranka-Killer! Yeah, the re-releases just have uncut stickers! I think the stickers vs decals was a hint to Nichimo's demise. I agree with Shawn, in fact, I really like all of their 1/200 sculpts. It was one BIG reason I did the 1/200th Daedalus. They looked so good, I thought they would look even better in a realistic setting. - MT

Thanks for your comments!

Yes, I was a little disappointed for the stickers, but the sculpt of the kit is so well done that i loved the build. 

What surprised me is that each kit comes with an extra piece not shown in the instructions, a tubular piece that I suppose is a reminiscence of the weird colored bubble that came with the original vintage releases.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...