6 hours ago, jenius said:

Didn't Minmay only wear that dress while serving in the restaurant? 

No, she wears it on stage as well, and it gets repurposed as her costume in Shao Pai Long:

1924928640_moviecostume.thumb.jpeg.612ddded9e1b5af735faad656b87a3da.jpeg

Edited by tekering
Edit: Sorry, didn't realize the question had already been answered.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

KitzConcept has their Rick's VF-1S ver 2 on preorder.

Valkyrie only: https://www.kitzconcept.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=82

Valkyrie with Fast Pack: https://www.kitzconcept.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=83

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/48181-kitz-concept-toy-thread-20/?do=findComment&comment=1564668

;)

So.....are they not releasing the V 2.0 VF-1S as a "Roy" and instead releasing it as a "Rick"?  I did not catch that the first time the link was posted....

I hope we get clarification on that from KC...

KC replied to my email....the V 2.0 is not being sold as a reissue of Roy Focker's VF-1S, it is a "new" Rick Hunter VF-1S.....so it will be tampo'd as such....I guess for now we are stuck with the old version VF-1S if we want a Roy version...I will ask if one will get released in v 2.0 form...

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Podtastic said:

I really wish they would let us know when they plan to start releasing alien stuff.

Given that this is a Robotech line you dont expect them to just do humans.

I would be down for this.    

I am still waiting for more SD stuff.    GBP SD where is it?

1 hour ago, Podtastic said:

I really wish they would let us know when they plan to start releasing alien stuff.

Given that this is a Robotech line you dont expect them to just do humans.

I am guessing they probably don't even know...I think I recall someone asking them, but they said it would all depend on how well the current figures they have announced sell.....I think we would probably get Milia first...in her UN Spacy pilot suit.....with Baby accessory!  So technically an "alien"...:rolleyes:

QGfxsKk.png

On 12/22/2020 at 9:57 PM, jvmacross said:

I hope Bandai used metal.  I imagine that KC must have taken apart a DX VF-1 to figure that specific joint, which essentially allows it to act as a scaled down DX.  Unfortunately, the part on the KC is made of plastic and due to it's size, I can see why it would crumble with the pressure being applied if utilizing that specific joint.  Without using that joint, I do not think there is any danger of it breaking.  But if you do not use it, it basically is more of a Yamato V2, than a Bandai DX due it's posing limitations.

As an update....I managed to glue the broken piece back together, however, the affected leg's "DX" abilities have ceased....I do not want to attempt to bend it for fear of it snapping apart again.....

large.thumbnail_20201222_211440.jpg.3f0b

The good thing is that it still can do some extreme poses as the other leg is still able to bend outwards...though I think I will not use it too often going forward as I do not want to risk it breaking......

large.thumbnail_20201222_211639.jpg.4c9b

large.thumbnail_20201222_211705.jpg.c6ec

large.thumbnail_20201222_211907.jpg.cce0

large.thumbnail_20201222_212100.jpg.69bf

large.thumbnail_20201222_211915.jpg.1b78

The other good news is that I contacted KC and they will be replacing the leg for me and will include it with the package containing my 1/12 Chinese Dress Minmay PO which they said will be shipping next month....so I'm really grateful for their continued excellent customer service! :good:

UPDATE!

KC came through for me and was able to send me a replacement leg to make a full repair to my broken VF-1J....the operation was a comlplete success!

large.IMG_0065.JPG.7c0c3f76ea63f16b46908

I big THANK YOU to KitzConcept's fantastic customer service!!!

I will probably just tone down the extreme poses that are possible with this toy as I do not want to risk a repeat issue....but I am glad that it is "whole" again!

Thanks KC!  :good:

1 minute ago, jvmacross said:

UPDATE!

KC came through for me and was able to send me a replacement leg to make a full repair to my broken VF-1J....the operation was a comlplete success!

large.IMG_0065.JPG.7c0c3f76ea63f16b46908

I big THANK YOU to KitzConcept's fantastic customer service!!!

I will probably just tone down the extreme poses that are possible with this toy as I do not want to risk a repeat issue....but I am glad that it is "whole" again!

Thanks KC!  :good:

That's cool! :good:

Did KitzConcept acknowledged the fault on the hip and planning on fixing it for their upcoming V2's?

Just now, no3Ljm said:

That's cool! :good:

Did KitzConcept acknowledged the fault on the hip and planning on fixing it for their upcoming V2's?

Thanks!

No...it was more of a "don't ask, don't tell" so I did not want to focus on  blame (but I assure you I hardly handled it in the few months I had it)....I was just thankful that they sent me the replacement parts...they actually sent me a whole leg and not just the cracked pieces, which would have been more of a task to replace.

I had sent them the pics. I think only making that piece metal would help avoid the issue I had, but then again, I posted a similar issue that occurred with a DX on the same "joint" and I believe that joint is actually made of metal....so just treat your toys like delicate works of art....they just don't build them like Chunky Monkeys anymore.... ;)

8 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Thanks!

No...it was more of a "don't ask, don't tell" so I did not want to focus on  blame (but I assure you I hardly handled it in the few months I had it)....I was just thankful that they sent me the replacement parts...they actually sent me a whole leg and not just the cracked pieces, which would have been more of a task to replace.

I had sent them the pics. I think only making that piece metal would help avoid the issue I had, but then again, I posted a similar issue that occurred with a DX on the same "joint" and I believe that joint is actually made of metal....so just treat your toys like delicate works of art....they just don't build them like Chunky Monkeys anymore.... ;)

Good to know. Hope they could fix it to make their customers happy. 

Thanks JVM! :good:

13 minutes ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

So I was checking KC website,  and I see that the Roy Figure is no longer listed as Pre-Order.     Did I miss this release?   I have it on order,  did anyone else get theirs yet?

Not out in the wild yet.....maybe they have reached their production limit and cannot take any more PO's....which would be a good sign I think

So it seems KC is going to release the Dana after the Roy...then the Max fig....no fig info available after Max....SD GBP is still in play but no release date yet....the Covid situation has really messed with their release schedule which is no surprise......the most interesting news, however, was that the SDF-1 that was teased years ago is still in play and may actually get a release announcement by the end of this year or early next year!....guess we will have to wait and see...I'm cautiously optimistic, but think KC can pull it off...an updated 1/3000 TV SDF-1 is at the top of my most desired Macross toy wishlist.....crossing fingers!

11 hours ago, jvmacross said:

I am guessing they probably don't even know...I think I recall someone asking them, but they said it would all depend on how well the current figures they have announced sell

I guessing you're right. Co-Vid 19 didnt help either I suppose, but its still horribly hand to mouth.

I

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

So it seems KC is going to release the Dana after the Roy...then the Max fig....no fig info available after Max... 

What info is there on Max's release? I only remember seeing a prototype ages ago. :unsure:

7 hours ago, Tober said:

What info is there on Max's release? I only remember seeing a prototype ages ago. :unsure:

None....they have no set dates at the moment due to the pandemic creating so much chaos in their production schedules.....they said they were having a hard time finding quality manufacturing facilities within their set budgets.....the only thing that had not changed was the planned order of their releases....we will get Max after they release the Dana fig.....I had no plans on getting the Dana fig, but I really want more Macross figs...I may pick up one Dana "for the team"...:db:

BE1E6FE4-3957-4F47-8997-D682887B0F2A.jpeg