so lisa hayes coming into stock soon.  haven't orderd yet.  did i miss any preorder bonus? 

considering fokker (and is anyone gonna order that WITH the guitar? i feel like its dumb but might want it)  and cheongsom minmei too.  is there any incentive to actually preorder these figures from KC directly early?  or should i just wait until just before release like i did hear with lisa?  they do make you prepay if i remember right?

Edited by Mechapilot77

19 hours ago, Froy said:

Is there something in the art line or on the master files(?) that say something about the extra armor part on the shoulder bellow the missile pod? The 3 of the Yamato iterations have it too.

Edit*

I can't see that small shoulder part here

Screenshot_20200924-175541.png

Yes, like the hands, the battroid is drawn really beefy with the armor on... Not something that works on a toy that still needs to transform so manufacturers can either ditch the beefy shoulders it give an extra part.

19 hours ago, Froy said:

Is there something in the art line or on the master files(?) that say something about the extra armor part on the shoulder bellow the missile pod? The 3 of the Yamato iterations have it too.

Edit*

I can't see that small shoulder part here

Screenshot_20200924-175541.png

Yes, like the hands, the battroid is drawn really beefy with the armor on... Not something that works on a toy that still needs to transform so manufacturers can either ditch the beefy shoulders it give an extra part.

47 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

so lisa hayes coming into stock soon.  haven't orderd yet.  did i miss any preorder bonus? 

considering fokker (and is anyone gonna order that WITH the guitar? i feel like its dumb but might want it)  and cheongsom minmei too.  is there any incentive to actually preorder these figures from KC directly early?  or should i just wait until just before release like i did hear with lisa?  they do make you prepay if i remember right?

I don't remember Lisa including any preorder bonuses.

It's supposed to be cheaper if you preorder from them. I don't remember about these character figures, but at least for the 1/72 valks you pay just a part of the full price to preorder

1 hour ago, Mechapilot77 said:

One of the reasons to pre-order is to secure an order. COVID-19 etc, they could be tricky to find if KC sell out.

Is there an updated release schedule for their upcoming Macross stuff? (I only collect the 1/12 figures tho)

So going back to what got me into KC.. the SD Valks..   

I found some schematics via google,  then did a reverse image search and found the url.

These can be found here.. 

https://www.kitzconcept.com/index.php?route=journal3/blog&journal_blog_category_id=2

Credit to KC..  obviously.

Interesting to see these are dated back to 2016.

I'd love to see some re-releases,  still need an original Fokker 1S..  the one I have is missing a head.

1524682211_KC902SD1HeavyArmored.thumb.jpg.819e0ec7007f3a6a878d4e37f5a99690.jpg

1216899811_KC902SDFastPackArmor.thumb.jpg.6b23b1616fd83b0ca120b25c08d566d8.jpg

1520080264_KC902SD1HeavyArmore.thumb.jpg.e9a5e69d57a981790e125bb446208aff.jpg

1877138235_KC902-SDFASTPACKARMOR.thumb.jpg.73d54d57b6e79ce53e4f544b91873972.jpg

I'd love to see some DYRL valks.. 

Hell I'd be a sucker for pretty much anything SD.

• 3 weeks later...

Figured I'd update this now that my "Lisa Hayes" arrived.

On the whole, I am quite impressed.

A794Ffq.jpg

Comes with 5 sets of hands, 6 faces, and 2 options for hair (with and without headset).

Also comes with a laptop which has a hinge and folds open/closed.

6FXicOy.jpg

Articulation is much better than I expected, the skirt and blouse are both a rubbery plastic that can bend and flex. This means she can actually bend her legs 90degrees forward, with the skirt bending to accommodate. Without any seam lines, other than the gaps on the sides of the skirt between the front and back sections.

fGT6ikB.jpg

The shoulders can go a bit above horizontal, and the elbows bend roughly 150 degrees.

LSquByr.jpg

She can stand on her own high-heels, even without a supporting stand.

Spoiler

H5Bm8Jg.jpg

MUZxGku.jpg

qy0OA5v.jpg

B1AdDYr.jpg

GnyKts0.jpg

1FCyxyz.jpg

LMZmyX0.jpg

JBHcbIk.jpg

wiEUP4S.jpg

mLjrdxk.jpg

9GLRwQB.jpg

IbMdK5w.jpg

VX4gOeg.jpg

So, I thought that Kitzconcept's 1/72 VF-1J was supposed to have been released months ago, I know that KUMA STYLE did a review of it, but I am not seeing more reviews or anywhere where it is available?  I also, for whatever reason cannot access Kitzconcepts' website anymore.  Did this company go under because of COVID-19?  Just curious.

Twich

they changed the URL

https://www.kitzconcept.com/

Edit - I'm working on a review right now. Since like 50% of the toy is new, the review is going to take a lot longer than I would like so I can try to document all the changes. JVMacross gave his impressions of each mode on the previous page also. 

Edited by jenius

• 2 weeks later...

Weeelll.. F*ck.. So this happened today. Rickaru took a header off the top of a Detolf and instead of the carpet he went sideways into tile. Snap. Any ideas? I know these are fairly fragile figures and no where near Black Series figures quality, but dang, one fall? Kinda sux! Guess tomorrow I'll try the old drill and pin approach. Don't see another option if I want to maintain movement... 

20201023_211327.jpg

20201023_211404.jpg

20201023_211415.jpg

Like I said these aren't action figures but pre-assembled models with limited articulation.  I got one more of things models on pre-order.  Once it comes I don't think I'll get another until I hear that they've improved construction.

I'm worried for those getting the Dana figure.   It's going for what $70?  With I assume a bunch of changeable parts or accessories for the body armor all prone to breaking.

Yeh..I hear you, and I'm one of those people who has both Roy and Dana on pre-order. Gonna have to be super careful with these now on, not that I'm going to play with this things, but still it would nice if they could stand up better on their own. They are so tall and thin they fall over if you look at them wrong.

Well I got humpty dumptys arm drilled and pinned and put back together this morning, but I did lose some range of movement at the elbow. Oh well, he's now in my main Macross case behind glass and that's where he'll stay. 

20201024_095146.jpg

Referring back to the concept art for the SD VF-1, as much as it pained me to put money in HG's pocket, if indirectly, my hat's off to Cyrus Cheung, the designer, for creating what is, to my eye, one of the best looking SD VF-1 designs, and one that has a really good transformation to boot. I bought Max's VF-1J with Fast Packs, and I love it. Shame they didn't go straight to BW for a Macross license instead of HG. Cool toys, nonetheless.

I love that these come with a head scaled to allow it to be part of the transformation, as well as an oversized head, as we often don't get that option with SD stuff (looking askance at my ES Gokin Roadbuster).

Little OT, but Magic Square has a pretty sweet looking SD Arcee that transforms; her huge melon becomes the back of the car, an ingeniously practical solution.:good:

1 hour ago, M'Kyuun said:

Referring back to the concept art for the SD VF-1, as much as it pained me to put money in HG's pocket, if indirectly, my hat's off to Cyrus Cheung, the designer, for creating what is, to my eye, one of the best looking SD VF-1 designs, and one that has a really good transformation to boot. I bought Max's VF-1J with Fast Packs, and I love it. Shame they didn't go straight to BW for a Macross license instead of HG. Cool toys, nonetheless.

I love that these come with a head scaled to allow it to be part of the transformation, as well as an oversized head, as we often don't get that option with SD stuff (looking askance at my ES Gokin Roadbuster).

Little OT, but Magic Square has a pretty sweet looking SD Arcee that transforms; her huge melon becomes the back of the car, an ingeniously practical solution.:good:

Unless Cyrus Cheung lives in Japan and had a company based there, going to BW wasn't an option. Maybe that's why that toy began its life 'unbranded' before becoming a Robotech product.

9 hours ago, jenius said:

Unless Cyrus Cheung lives in Japan and had a company based there, going to BW wasn't an option. Maybe that's why that toy began its life 'unbranded' before becoming a Robotech product.

I've no idea where he lives, but the last name sounds Chinese to my ears, so it's a relatively safe bet that's where he lives, as it's the home of many a toymaker. I wasn't aware that it was originally unbranded, but the design is unquestionably the VF-1, so if you want to bring it to market, the options are few. And HG are are salivating for anyone to make products from which they can leech profit.

I only own the one SD VF-1 from KC, but following the thread, I've formed the opinion that their products are well above the levels of quality and workmanship we ever got from Toynami, which just makes it that much more gulling that it benefits HG.

Major props to KitzConcept for reworking their VF-1 toy so thoroughly. It's still not going to dethrone the DX or Arcadia toys overall but it's a much more serious competitor in the lower cost arena now. In "battloid" this toy may be the most dynamic VF-1 ever made... including non-transforming VF-1 toys! Check out my video review here and the updated post on anymoon.com: