Takatoku Toys Catalog 1983

jvmacross

Unfortunately, all I have are the Macross-related Convertors.....I do not have any Convertors catalogs nor have I ever run into any.  I am not sure if any were ever made, but your best bet would be to look for toy catalogs from the 80's on ebay.  Happy Hunting!

22 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Unfortunately, all I have are the Macross-related Convertors.....I do not have any Convertors catalogs nor have I ever run into any.  I am not sure if any were ever made, but your best bet would be to look for toy catalogs from the 80's on ebay.  Happy Hunting!

Appreciate your reply. Thanks, and keep up the good posting work of these unique, rare visuals.

8 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:
On 4/6/2020 at 11:14 PM, jvmacross said:

Takatoku Toys Catalog 1983

large.20200406_221738.jpg.a5635a98c4f90e

large.20200406_221913.jpg.9e85788f882a39

I never noticed that the standing SDF-1 was a reversed image and it has the same shoulders for both arms.

Yes, Takatoku seemed to not have been particularly concerned about such errors..lol.

Not sure if you had also seen the Takatoku promo poster that features what is apparently a prototype of their 1/3000 SDF-1 without any of the production release's "shooting" gimmicks....additionally, Kawamori's "wooden" VF-1 prototype is clearly featured on this same poster....with a "handless" gerwalk shot! 

And a prototype of the Destroid Monster that was to be included in their "Macross Collection Series" was apparently not ready in time for this promotional poster...

ValkyrieDX.jpgny

Here is the same "gimmickless" prototype SDF-1 used in the Takatoku Toys SDF-1 promotional toy poster....

SDF-1Macross-661x1024.jpg

I may as well repost this here.....Takatoku display at 7:42!

Edited by jvmacross

• 7 months later...

Thanks for posting these. Are there any references to the Super VF-1S gift-set or the VF-1S +GBP-1S gift-set? I'm curious if those were the last Takatoku releases.

Ooh, and I notice you also have the 1990 Bandai Catalog. Does it say the MSRP of the Super VF-1S reissue they did? I'd like to create an info graphic that shows every chunky monkey sold with the year sold and the MSRP.

EDIT - I see now the GBP gift-set is included in the pic above. So just TV version was the last one to the party?

Edited by jenius

There is a great article in the Tamashii site that goes over the history of the 1/55....

https://tamashii.jp/t_kokkaku/65/

Basically, yes, the Super VF-1S was the last 1/55 released in February 1984.  There were also plans for a release of a Super Pack stand alone set, similar to what they did for the GBP set.  The article implies that the next release in the 1/55 line may have been the VF-1D, but it seems work on the DYRL 1/55 toys, namely the Hikaru VF-1S "Super", was prioritized.

The Takatoku Toys "Hobby and Toy" booklets also detail that the Hi-Comical VF-1S was going to be a Takatoku release. 

In theory, had Takatoku not went BK, they would have released Takatoku branded DYRL VFs, "Hi-Comical" SD toys, a 1/55 VF-1D, and the Henkei Super VF-1S, which was eventually released by Mark.  I think they probably would have also released this particular "unlicensed" LCD game....

gallery_12176_633_184655.jpg

15 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

There is a great article in the Tamashii site that goes over the history of the 1/55....

https://tamashii.jp/t_kokkaku/65/

Basically, yes, the Super VF-1S was the last 1/55 released in February 1984.  There were also plans for a release of a Super Pack stand alone set, similar to what they did for the GBP set.  The article implies that the next release in the 1/55 line may have been the VF-1D, but it seems work on the DYRL 1/55 toys, namely the Hikaru VF-1S "Super", was prioritized.

The Takatoku Toys "Hobby and Toy" booklets also detail that the Hi-Comical VF-1S was going to be a Takatoku release. 

In theory, had Takatoku not went BK, they would have released Takatoku branded DYRL VFs, "Hi-Comical" SD toys, a 1/55 VF-1D, and the Henkei Super VF-1S, which was eventually released by Mark.  I think they probably would have also released this particular "unlicensed" LCD game....

gallery_12176_633_184655.jpg

Awesome, thanks for the info and the link.