Japan Post suspension of international mail

pafy6285

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

I haven't ordered much of anything in singles from JP. What does a "medium" size box EMS cost? I can't imagine that it can be a whole lot less than $37????

Not sure what you would consider a medium sized box to be but the box I received today from Mandy was 13-1/2 x 9 1/2 x 7 3/4 and under 1kg - cost 2,900 yen to ship. Hope this helps.

Edited by Vertex

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

I was using a 1/48 as a yard stick that everyone knows the size of. The box I got has a 1/48, a 1/18 Takara Scopedog and a SOC Big Joe. 

I haven't ordered much of anything in singles from JP. What does a "medium" size box EMS cost? I can't imagine that it can be a whole lot less than $37????

My point being that if you plan the shipping well you can do well with DHL costs. It is tricky to find let's say three things from one location. I have stuff on my wish list that I may miss out on as I'm waiting for more stuff at those locations to become available. Part of the game.

I did ship  1/48 Milia, 1/48 super strike pack, 1/60 VF-1 with super strike pack and a 1/60 tomahawk from FJ using EMS awhile back. Cost me 11200 yen. 

Just got dropped off five mins ago.

Package from Manda via EMS has been disinfected and now sitting out on my balcony plus keeping a watch for it the next half hour. Paid on the 26th, sent out for shipping on the 27th, dispatched on the 28th. 

Came into the Canada Post depot at Vancouver, British Columbia on the 4th and went through Customs. Back into the sorting line and went to the proper channels to get it delivered.

Will post on the proper thread once I get a chance to open it.

DSC01812.jpg

On 5/4/2020 at 10:58 PM, kkx said:

I did ship  1/48 Milia, 1/48 super strike pack, 1/60 VF-1 with super strike pack and a 1/60 tomahawk from FJ using EMS awhile back. Cost me 11200 yen. 

Checked on a shipment from earlier in the year for two 1/48 yammies and EMS shipping was 7,300 yen. I guess the mid-30's USD per item holds up for both EMS and DHL.

Received my VF4G. Such stress for such a tiny box. There isn't any damage at all so I wonder why mandarake listed it as being damaged. I mean I guess there is a tiny bent corner 2 mm long. Nothing I would think of any more than shelf wear. So no complaints! One down, three to go!

3 hours ago, LRS said:

Received my VF4G. Such stress for such a tiny box. There isn't any damage at all so I wonder why mandarake listed it as being damaged. I mean I guess there is a tiny bent corner 2 mm long. Nothing I would think of any more than shelf wear. So no complaints! One down, three to go!

Madarake has extremely high standards. The Japanese collector market is thankfully very strict on box and item conditions.

5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Madarake has extremely high standards. The Japanese collector market is thankfully very strict on box and item conditions.

Jungle is the opposite though. Anyway, Mandarake has been consistent, if it is not perfectly angled, its considered damaged. If it has really noticeable dent or damage, they are using more modifiers, usually translated as Severe

10 hours ago, chyll2 said:

Jungle is the opposite though. Anyway, Mandarake has been consistent, if it is not perfectly angled, its considered damaged. If it has really noticeable dent or damage, they are using more modifiers, usually translated as Severe

I don’t buy from Jungle much but what I have got from them was good so I guess I was lucky. Anyways, don’t like their fees. 

I still have a couple of unshipped orders (DX 1/48 SSP, HMR VF-4G Focker) from N-Y.  Have waited patiently for more than a month and just sent in a couple of tickets to ask where they were.  It sounds like N-Y are still shipping out items to the US; so fingers crossed that they will come back with a positive reply.

20 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I still have a couple of unshipped orders (DX 1/48 SSP, HMR VF-4G Focker) from N-Y.  Have waited patiently for more than a month and just sent in a couple of tickets to ask where they were.  It sounds like N-Y are still shipping out items to the US; so fingers crossed that they will come back with a positive reply.

Unfortunately, they aren't shipping to the US unless you happened to have selected Ferry for all of them.  Otherwise, they will offer you UPS for a substantial additional cost to you.  That's it.  They won't let you downgrade to ferry or even refund you though you might be able to get store credit.  The only other option is they will hold for you until SAL or EMS become available again.  Whenever that is.

So I have some concrete evidence that when an item was first put out to ship EMS does NOT matter much at all.

Exhibit A: Collected on the 4th of April, has not moved at all

1103191914_Screenshot2020-05-0811_22_14.png.1a9d4f0146325e0fcaafa1944b0a0344.png

Exhibit B: Collected on the 9th of April, arrived yesterday (unexpectedly, cause I wasn't even gonna check on updates for this before the other one arrived).

1663161474_Screenshot2020-05-0811_22_40.png.4e546128580378645b6808f1d4444db2.png

So yeah, if you have something already in the possession of Japan post, I don't know what I could say except "Good Luck" :unsure:

Edited by RedComet

1 hour ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Unfortunately, they aren't shipping to the US unless you happened to have selected Ferry for all of them.  Otherwise, they will offer you UPS for a substantial additional cost to you.  That's it.  They won't let you downgrade to ferry or even refund you though you might be able to get store credit.  The only other option is they will hold for you until SAL or EMS become available again.  Whenever that is.

Ah ok thanks for letting me know.  Not really in a hurry to get these so as long as they don't get cancelled, I suppose I can wait...

Package two came in from Amiami via EMS to Canada.

Shipped out right after Golden Week hoildays. Guess who was itching to get out from the box (have another related Alien item in the box as well)? 

20200508_165836.jpg

Okay, so I just received a very strange email from World Naruto Japan Shop, after I inquired to return policy on Amazon following their date when Amazon stated the item should have been delivered to me.  Here is the message:

Thank You for contacting us.

Products will be shipped from the Osaka International Airport to the United States.

However, few planes fly to the United States.  Therefore, there is a significant delay in delivery.

I have to wait until the planes to the US start flying.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Sounds to me like this shop hasn't even shipped the item, even though it was marked as shipped on April 3rd, 2020.  I would be okay if this seller would just give me the tracking information for the item so that I would know when it was coming.  Alas, this seller has ignored my request for this tracking information, which to me, seems very suspicious.

Twich

Adding to the reported updates on Manda: They finally confirmed locating my returned item originally shipped March 13 SAL. They offered either a refund or to upgrade my shipment to DHL for no additional charge. 

Part of me just wanted a refund because I was needlessly making a purchase to begin with, but I also appreciate the offer of DHL so just took that. Picked up the HMR missile Regults.

I actually think that most of their prices for macross stuff were completely crazy but i did buy few other items from them and they always proved to be fast and reliable. I am really sorry to hear this too. The death toll with this virus is not only for human beings but also for business, which is also tragic in a different way.

17 hours ago, twich said:

Sounds to me like this shop hasn't even shipped the item, even though it was marked as shipped on April 3rd, 2020.  I would be okay if this seller would just give me the tracking information for the item so that I would know when it was coming.  Alas, this seller has ignored my request for this tracking information, which to me, seems very suspicious.

Twich

Could also be the package was sent by the seller to the shipper and is now stuck at a holding center waiting for enough stuff to fill a plane to fly over. I've been waiting almost 6 weeks for a package that originally was supposed to take 10 days. Last tracking info was beginning of April.

Edited by wmkjr
Trimmed text

Anime-Export are starting to piss me off.  Two weeks ago I asked if they would ship via FedEx or DHL and they said they asked for quotes and it was 2-3 times more expensive and they were checking with other carriers.  So I asked them why they didn't get back to me and they said FedEx and DHL are 2-3 times more expensive and they can only ship via SEA and I can wait.  I told them, why are you deciding what is an acceptable shipping price for me?  Just tell me what FedEx and DHL cost and I'll decide what to ship by.

On 5/10/2020 at 5:48 AM, DYRL VF-1S said:

Bummer to see this. I haven’t purchased from Plamoya in the past but still looked at their options from time to time.

ECF3554D-D506-4682-BA0B-542AB709541B.jpeg.a7f4ad1dd8854032a7f0fea5b7387dbb.jpeg

Oh gosh. Thats sad.

Bought an item or two via them, when i didnt quite get into the other on-line retail shops back then. 

On 5/9/2020 at 4:39 PM, twich said:

Okay, so I just received a very strange email from World Naruto Japan Shop, after I inquired to return policy on Amazon following their date when Amazon stated the item should have been delivered to me.  Here is the message:

Thank You for contacting us.

Products will be shipped from the Osaka International Airport to the United States.

However, few planes fly to the United States.  Therefore, there is a significant delay in delivery.

I have to wait until the planes to the US start flying.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Twich

They didn't ship it. I don't think any dastardly act as responsible but in Japan too, they have their own stay at home orders. They might be just waiting when to send it to the PO/EMS or DHL.

On 5/8/2020 at 12:37 PM, LRS said:

Got a notice from mandarake that they will be upgrading my second package to DHL from SAL for free and will ship it today 

I got the same thing happen to me.  I've always had really great service with Mandarake.  One time they sent the wrong item.  They paid to have it sent back and they sent the correct item.  They are also more critical of box condition than I am.  They'll indicate an item has box damage, but when I recieve it the damage is almost unnoticeable to me.  I'm usually very pleasantly surprised with the used items I receive.

On 5/8/2020 at 9:37 AM, LRS said:

Got a notice from mandarake that they will be upgrading my second package to DHL from SAL for free and will ship it today 

Did they send a tracking link. They contacted me a week ago and offered to send it Air. I said ok. Now it's been radio silence. I don't know if they shipped it or haven't gotten around to it. Frustrating.

27 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Did they send a tracking link. They contacted me a week ago and offered to send it Air. I said ok. Now it's been radio silence. I don't know if they shipped it or haven't gotten around to it. Frustrating.

They got back to me and mentioned they have over 1000 packages to sort through so it’ll be awhile.

I have another package from Manda via EMS to Canada, right now its at the "Dispatched from Outward Office of Exchange".

With all the packages pilling up, maybe another two/three week wait. 

So my last pending EMS shipment arrived in the US (NY) today. I expect it will get here in the next couple of days. This had shipped on 4/10 so things are moving, albeit very slowly at almost 6 weeks.