Japan Post suspension of international mail

pafy6285

1 minute ago, borgified said:

Hopefully that they will upon release date. 

Now it's 3rd parties (Fullfilled by Amazon) that are offering it at 11.5k yen with 5% cashless rebate as I'm in Canada.  

Yeah again, I haven't checked but I haven't seen anything that suggests AJ will be raising their shipping prices. 3rd party sellers as mentioned have always charged whatever they want...

16 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Yesh! If that's the case will see about AJ in the future. But based on @DYRL VF-1S post above, if you are talking about items not sold by AJ, third party shops can and will charge whatever they want. I haven't checked but I don't think AJ would carry DX SSP since they are TWE items. I haven't ordered from AJ in the last two weeks but as far as I know, 1600Y is still their set price for most single items.

The  items I've checked today in AJ are all sold by Amazon. For example a PO of an item  I've ordered last Monday has the flat shipping of 1600 yen. The same item which is still in PO (and sold by Amazon) now has a shipping of ~2600 yen.

2 minutes ago, pafy6285 said:

The  items I've checked today in AJ are all sold by Amazon. For example a PO of an item  I've ordered last Monday has the flat shipping of 1600 yen. The same item which is still in PO (and sold by Amazon) now has a shipping of ~2600 yen.

OK, well then that sucks. Hopefully that changes if things go back to normal but things like price hikes rarely every go back once they establish they can charge it. Oh well, that just makes them a little less viable to me since their cheap shipping was the only thing keeping their prices close to or sometimes lower than NY with ferry shipping.

18 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Yesh! If that's the case will see about AJ in the future. But based on @DYRL VF-1S post above, if you are talking about items not sold by AJ, third party shops can and will charge whatever they want. I haven't checked but I don't think AJ would carry DX SSP since they are TWE items. I haven't ordered from AJ in the last two weeks but as far as I know, 1600Y is still their set price for most single items.

7 minutes ago, borgified said:

Hopefully that they will upon release date. 

Now it's 3rd parties (Fullfilled by Amazon) that are offering the DX SSP at 11.5k yen with 5% cashless rebate as I'm in Canada.  

Yeah, what borgi said.  I found 3rd Party fulfilled by AJ and it actually came to 10,891 Yen before ship.  I bought 4 of them.  3 shipped together for 4,333 and I added another one later and is shipping for 1,844.

1 hour ago, jenius said:

7400¥ for shipping... oof. I guess it's nice to have an option that is still shipping but man, that hurts. 

Hmm i thought that was a decent price for them. Anytime i've checked DHL shipping its always been exorbitantly expensive like 150-200 dollars. I always thought who would use them? Maybe it's a Canada thing?

2 hours ago, Sandman said:

Hmm i thought that was a decent price for them. Anytime i've checked DHL shipping its always been exorbitantly expensive like 150-200 dollars. I always thought who would use them? Maybe it's a Canada thing?

Is that more than one item? Not trying for pry into your business, just wanted a gauge in case I order something.

Edited by blackconvoy_D01

3 hours ago, RedComet said:

I know it's "Available" but does that mean it will arrive in a week? 2 weeks? 4 month delay like the US? Anybody able to speak to this directly?

You have to expect major delays as EMS rely on commercial flights to your country and the number of flights to every country has been cut down greatly, my package shipped by EMS on the 4th of april has just arrived in Singapore on the 30th of april. 

4 hours ago, Guyffon said:

Last update, package got delivered on the 30th of april, EMS to Singapore and shipped on the 4th of april

If your packages ended up leaving the floor of the post office till the Monday (6th) then it became a three week wait till it got shipped.

My two packages by EMS via Amiami and Manda are still at the post office as of the 29th both in posting/collecting. Most likely that they will get shipped a week/two weeks after the Golden Week Holiday. 

5 hours ago, borgified said:

If your packages ended up leaving the floor of the post office till the Monday (6th) then it became a three week wait till it got shipped.

My two packages by EMS via Amiami and Manda are still at the post office as of the 29th both in posting/collecting. Most likely that they will get shipped a week/two weeks after the Golden Week Holiday. 

I ordered a couple of things from Manda, 1 from Complex, the other from Nayuta, both shipped with EMS.  Both were shipped out yesterday, the Complex one went to arrival at outward office of exchange after 3 hours, the other is still in posting/collection.   I guess JapanPost must still be working.

3 minutes ago, Smacky said:

I ordered a couple of things from Manda, 1 from Complex, the other from Nayuta, both shipped with EMS.  Both were shipped out yesterday, the Complex one went to arrival at outward office of exchange after 3 hours, the other is still in posting/collection.   I guess JapanPost must still be working.

Wait, what country are you in? EMS to the US hasn't moved in almost a month for one of my Mandarake packages...

4 minutes ago, RedComet said:

Wait, what country are you in? EMS to the US hasn't moved in almost a month for one of my Mandarake packages...

Canada

1 hour ago, RedComet said:

Hmm, LMK if that arrives. I need to send a DX VF-1J and Strike Parts to a guy in Canada and would love to save money off of DHL

Just saw this as you're in the United Kingdom...

As of today: https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5317/~/international-incident-bulletin

For any packages/mail to Canada, this is what mentions:

What's the issue?
As previously advised, Canada Post have notified us that they are experiencing delays to delivery services due to high volumes of incoming mail. Delivery aims for Royal Mail services for Canada are normally 5-7 working day, however, International Standard and International Tracked & Signed are severely delayed, taking 3-4 weeks to be delivered.

What alternative is there?
If you have been posting using our Royal Mail 'Tracked and Signed service', we highly recommend you use our 'Tracked service' option which is providing much speedier processing and delivery times. Simply select the correct service and label. If you are not set up on our Tracked service, please talk to your usual Royal Mail contact who will help you with the next steps. Finally for our Customers using the Post Office to send your items, simply ask for a "Tracked service" at the counter.

A note about Customs in Canada
Whilst Customs clearing processing times are totally outside our control, it is worth remembering that Canada is one the countries with the lowest de-minimis of 20 Canadian Dollars (circa £11). This means that any goods equal or above that value will systematically go through a clearance process thus creating additional delays. Most of what our customers send is under DDU (Delivered Duty Unpaid) meaning that the recipient is responsible to pay any duty or taxes. Read more on our country guide page royalmail.com/canada, thank you.

So, I ordered a Hi-Metal R VF-4G Roy from Amazon and it was marked shipped on April 3rd, and the seller was a third party and they sent via Japan Post. I asked the seller for shipping information, which they did not provide, only sending me a link to a FAQ about shipping from Japan. I am trying to remain optimistic, but it has been 1 day shy of a month......hope it shows on Monday....Amazon says that if it doesn’t show by the 7th, then I can get a refund. I just would like an idea of when I can expect the VF-4G. Anyone have a suggestion?

Twich

Edited by twich

2 minutes ago, twich said:

So, I ordered a Hi-Metal R VF-4G Roy from Amazon on April 3rd, and the seller was a third party and they sent via Japan Post. I asked the seller for shipping information, which they did not provide, only sending me a link to a FAQ about shipping from Japan. I am trying to remain optimistic, but it has been 1 day shy of a month......hope it shows on Monday....Amazon says that if it doesn’t show by the 7th, then I can get a refund. I just would like an idea of when I can expect the VF-4G. Anyone have a suggestion?

Twich

Either the day of or before. You can also track it online if they sent you the link.  

1 hour ago, twich said:

So, I ordered a Hi-Metal R VF-4G Roy from Amazon and it was marked shipped on April 3rd, and the seller was a third party and they sent via Japan Post. I asked the seller for shipping information, which they did not provide, only sending me a link to a FAQ about shipping from Japan. I am trying to remain optimistic, but it has been 1 day shy of a month......hope it shows on Monday....Amazon says that if it doesn’t show by the 7th, then I can get a refund. I just would like an idea of when I can expect the VF-4G. Anyone have a suggestion?

Twich

I think you can expect to get a free Valk haha :P cause stuff I had sent emS on the third has never updated, and I would be shocked if it showed up in 5 days.

Looks like Amazon revised their shipping rates. It's no longer a flat rate for all items. Don't know if this is due to current circumstances or if this will be a permanent change, but it's taken away one of the big pros of ordering from Amazon. 

It's still a good price for super fast DHL shipping though. 

Screenshot_20200503-015126.png.54b26752facaf2bb74d19911308cff45.png

6 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Looks like Amazon revised their shipping rates. It's no longer a flat rate for all items. Don't know if this is due to current circumstances or if this will be a permanent change, but it's taken away one of the big pros of ordering from Amazon. 

It's still a good price for super fast DHL shipping though

Yeah that seems to be the case and was commented here earlier I think. Interestingly, my order details for this exact release shows 1,600 from when I got it on initial release. My price for the Valk is lower too. This is one of those guaranteed lowest price preorders. I wonder if my 1600 will stick?

11 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Yeah that seems to be the case and was commented here earlier I think. Interestingly, my order details for this exact release shows 1,600 from when I got it on initial release. My price for the Valk is lower too. This is one of those guaranteed lowest price preorders. I wonder if my 1600 will stick?

23500 includes tax, which is deducted at checkout for overseas customers.

I'm sure Amazon will honor the 1600 shipping cost for existing orders. I have a bunch of preorders from before the shipping change too.

6 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

23500 includes tax, which is deducted at checkout for overseas customers.

I'm sure Amazon will honor the 1600 shipping cost for existing orders. I have a bunch of preorders from before the shipping change too.

Yeah, mine is still 5 Yen cheaper lol. I did forget about the tax though. Good catch.

So, I bought the Hi Metal R VF-4G on Amazon from the seller World Naruto Japan Shop, the order did not have tracking info, so I contacted the seller through Amazon. The seller replied with a form letter reply basically stating that due to Corona Virus Japan Post would stop taking parcel from these countries, and it had a list. The US wasn’t on the list, so I emailed again asking for the tracking info, they didn’t reply. So, fast forward to yesterday, which was one day shy of a month in which the item was marked shipped. I emailed again asking for tracking. The reply was a copy of the same form with no tracking information. I can’t help but feel that something fishy is going on, as the seller seems determined to NOT supply me with tracking info. I am going to wait with hope until May 7th comes around and if no VF-4G, I will get a refund, but I cannot shake the feeling that something shady is going on. I hope I am wrong......

Twich

On 4/21/2020 at 3:26 PM, Vertex said:

Have two packages inbound via EMS. Order 1 shipped on 4/10 (NGO) with last scan the following day at the airport. Order 2 shipped on 4/9 (TYO) and last scan was on same day when received by JPost. I'm thinking they are likely still in Japan.

Quick update - 

Package (#2) from Tokyo (TYO) that shipped on 4/9 (received by post office) was forwarded for international dispatch on 5/1 and and received by New York ISC on 5/2. Looks like it will be delivered today 5/4. It appears it remained with the local/receiving post office for about 3 weeks before being forward for shipment overseas - overall it took 3-1/2 weeks.

Still no movement on the other package sitting at the airport in NGO.

Edited by Vertex

Just got DHL from Mandy (third time). 3 days door to door. Three items amortized the shipping out to $37.49/unit.

Can you get a EMS shipping on a single Yamato 1/48 for $37.49?

7 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Just got DHL from Mandy (third time). 3 days door to door. Three items amortized the shipping out to $37.49/unit.

Can you get a EMS shipping on a single Yamato 1/48 for $37.49?

No... But I don't think many people are grabbing three Yamato 1/48s at a time.

9 minutes ago, jenius said:

No... But I don't think many people are grabbing three Yamato 1/48s at a time.

I was using a 1/48 as a yard stick that everyone knows the size of. The box I got has a 1/48, a 1/18 Takara Scopedog and a SOC Big Joe. 

I haven't ordered much of anything in singles from JP. What does a "medium" size box EMS cost? I can't imagine that it can be a whole lot less than $37????

My point being that if you plan the shipping well you can do well with DHL costs. It is tricky to find let's say three things from one location. I have stuff on my wish list that I may miss out on as I'm waiting for more stuff at those locations to become available. Part of the game.