Japan Post suspension of international mail

pafy6285

Yeah, because of this complication I've been trying to work with AE to get a different shipping method for my Figuarts Anti-Ock Spider-Man.  All they would tell me is DHL is 2-3 times the cost.  They haven't sent me a request yet, though.  If Japan Post is delayed by four months even into the summer I'm going to have to drop some bills to get my two 0D's shipped.

Edited by Mommar

51 minutes ago, slide said:

I shipped a package to Canada [Manitoba] via EMS from Manda's Nayuta store on Apr.20 [that's when the e-mail arrived, anyway]

It arrived today [Apr.27]

Just got the email from the Utsunomiya branch that my package has been shipped, Amiami is most likely after Golden week.

In that case @slide, I believe that your package just got delivered at the Toronto Sorting Center?  A week wait isn't that bad and it will have to go through CBSA first hand.

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

Yeah, because of this complication I've been trying to work with AE to get a different shipping method for my Figuarts Anti-Ock Spider-Man.  All they would tell me is DHL is 2-3 times the cost.  They haven't sent me a request yet, though.  If Japan Post is delayed by four months even into the summer I'm going to have to drop some bills to get my two 0D's shipped.

For Mandarake to ship a Yamato v1 1/60 CF to Albuquerque via DHL just cost me ¥6150. That's roughly twice the price of EMS for a package that size, and those v1 boxes are big. I hope AE comes back with a halfway decent estimate for you.

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

With the current state of things, I wouldn't advise buying anything from Mandarake unless it's really small or it's some rare item that you don't want to miss out on. Those DHL shipping costs get pretty high pretty fast.

Or get 3-4 things. I had three Yamato 1/48 boxes show up from Mandy Friday. Amortized it cost me I think it was $37/ unit. Which isn't bad at all. Especially only taking 3 days.

It's tough to find 3-4 things at one location though. I have a Sarha (sp) order sitting in my wish list that I would really like to have one more unit in to make the shipping make more sense.

Do you guys know if Mandy is shut down for Golden Week too? I don't see anything o the site.

5 hours ago, borgified said:

Just got the email from the Utsunomiya branch that my package has been shipped, Amiami is most likely after Golden week.

In that case @slide, I believe that your package just got delivered at the Toronto Sorting Center?  A week wait isn't that bad and it will have to go through CBSA first hand.

Nono, it arrived on my Doorstep today.

Came through Vancouver [West coast] 

If it had gone through Toronto it would've flown about 1091.37 miles past me... and been [as a standard rule, pre-covid] delayed an extra 5 days.

FWIW, I was just checking with Mykombini since I have a Kaki 1A preorder with them and they have negotiated rates with FedEx to help alleviate the shipping issue.

(And, no I don’t think the shipping will be resolved by Sept)

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

FinallyWell, I finally got a package here in California that shipped Japan Post Small Packet Air on the 3rd. Only 3 weeks behind schedule :rolleyes: Still a single DX VF-1A is cold comfort when my big package with 4 figures and as many accessories that shipped on the 4th has shown no signs of movement at all :unsure:

Finally

Edited by RedComet

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Just got a notice from Mandarake that a package that shipped via SAL right before the Japan Post suspension was returned to them. They offered to reship the item via DHL at no extra charge. Yay! I love Mandarake!

I just got the same email! All hail mandarake!!

Hopefully my other shipments from them get the same treatment. They must have such a backlog that they just want to get rid of them. 

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Just got a notice from Mandarake that a package that shipped via SAL right before the Japan Post suspension was returned to them. They offered to reship the item via DHL at no extra charge. Yay! I love Mandarake!

1 hour ago, LRS said:

I just got the same email! All hail mandarake!!

Hopefully my other shipments from them get the same treatment. They must have such a backlog that they just want to get rid of them. 

Awesome!  Can't wait for mine.  That's great news.  Just waiting for that email because I know it's already returned and in their possession.

2 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Awesome!  Can't wait for mine.  That's great news.  Just waiting for that email because I know it's already returned and in their possession.

Hmm, is this also happening with EMS? I have a package sent from mandrake on the 3rd with no updates since the 4th :(

On 4/25/2020 at 5:42 AM, Slave IV said:

Yeah, NY is offering an unlimited Private Warehouse because of this so I would roll with that. Also, I'm glad I usually use Ferry anyways so any delays and long wait times is all good for me.

Nippon Yasan? I never receive an email about that.

just browsing on Amazon JP and it seems the shipping is now variable (more expensive on bigger items) instead of the usual flat rate (usually at 1600 yen). Checked out some items that I've PO'ed earlier with a 1600 yen shipping which now has more expensive shipping.

11 minutes ago, jenius said:

7400¥ for shipping... oof. I guess it's nice to have an option that is still shipping but man, that hurts. 

Yeah, to think 2 months ago DHL shipping for my MOSPEADA Yellow order from HLJ was only around 4,000 yen.

Edited by blackconvoy_D01

47 minutes ago, RedComet said:

EMS and small packet airmail are still options to the UK, does anyone know if they are getting through in a timely manner? Gotta send something, but it would be nice to not have to pay double for DHL, or wait 8 weeks for surface.

You're good to go. :good:

From Manda's Shipping suspension list in the international front page link:

United Kingdom

DHL: Available

EMS: Available

SAL: X

AIR: Available

DHL is very fast 2-3 days, EMS who knows yet... 

55 minutes ago, pafy6285 said:

just browsing on Amazon JP and it seems the shipping is now variable (more expensive on bigger items) instead of the usual flat rate (usually at 1600 yen). Checked out some items that I've PO'ed earlier with a 1600 yen shipping which now has more expensive shipping.

I just had DX VF-1 SSPs shipped for 1,844 for a single one.  And, for three of them purchased together, it was only 4,333 Yen.  AJ is my best friend regardless of that price change from 1,600 to 1,844 in this case anyway.  It actually turned out less expensive than NY's total PO price w/shipping.

3 minutes ago, borgified said:

You're good to go. :good:

From Manda's Shipping suspension list in the international front page link:

United Kingdom

DHL: Available

EMS: Available

SAL: X

AIR: Available

DHL is very fast 2-3 days, EMS who knows yet... 

I know it's "Available" but does that mean it will arrive in a week? 2 weeks? 4 month delay like the US? Anybody able to speak to this directly?

1 hour ago, pafy6285 said:

Yesh! If that's the case will see about AJ in the future. But based on @DYRL VF-1S post above, if you are talking about items not sold by AJ, third party shops can and will charge whatever they want. I haven't checked but I don't think AJ would carry DX SSP since they are TWE items. I haven't ordered from AJ in the last two weeks but as far as I know, 1600Y is still their set price for most single items.

Edited by Slave IV

11 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Yesh! If that's the case will see about AJ in the future. But based on @DYRL VF-1S post above, if you are talking about items not sold by AJ, third party shops can and will charge whatever they want. I haven't checked but I don;t thing AJ would carry DX SSP since they are TWE items. I haven't ordered from AJ in the last two weeks but as far as I know, 1600Y is still their set price for most single items.

Hopefully that they will upon release date. 

Now it's 3rd parties (Fullfilled by Amazon) that are offering the DX SSP at 11.5k yen with 5% cashless rebate as I'm in Canada.  

Edited by borgified