VF-1S 3MCCS-2 Cockpit Build

Olitech Industries

Happy Friday!

Just when you think you're almost done, then realize that you are not even close.

Martin & Baker Mk.9 Ejector Seat is getting there.

Took me a while to understand how the catapult works (anodized cylinder in back). Looked up M&B patents to figure it out.

And of course the Data plates! Because who doesn't need more data? I need to add a few more and some Hazard Warnings as well.

As usual, NO bitmaps. All textures procedural. 3DS Max, Fstorm Render.

That's it for now.

MB_MK9_SEAT DRAFT_01.jpg

MB_MK9_SEAT DRAFT_02.jpg

MB_MK9_SEAT DRAFT_03.jpg

MB_MK9_SEAT DRAFT_04.jpg

MB_MK9_SEAT DRAFT_05.jpg

VF-1-Block-6-Valkyrie-3MCCS-2-MB-Mk-9B-1.jpg

MB_MK9_SEAT DRAFT_05.jpg

MB_MK9_SEAT DRAFT_05B.jpg

MB_MK9_SEAT DRAFT_06.jpg

MB_MK9_SEAT DRAFT_07.jpg

MB_MK9_SEAT DRAFT_08.jpg

MB_MK9_SEAT DRAFT_09.jpg

MB_MK9_SEAT DRAFT_10.jpg

MB_MK9_SEAT DRAFT_11.jpg

@Knight26, so it took me this long to teach myself about the M&B ejection seat in order to get the catapult looking semi-legit. Because I really know nothing. I even downloaded a few M&B patent diagrams and product PowerPoints to understand better.

Now I’m on the harnesses. I’ve started to build components like the adjustment buckles and shoulder strap lug.

Now I’m stuck trying to figure out the rest of the harness. Every image and digram looks like a bag of noodles.

Since you are an Ejection seat snob, may I ask for your help?

How do the harnesses loop? How many mounting points in the chair? Can you describe these? Or can you point me to the right resources?

Anything would be tremendous! 

Knight26, you’re my only hope!

best,

Oliver

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/12/2022 at 10:29 AM, maxoconnor said:

My god this is such a thing of beauty. Outstanding work sir!!

Thank you sir!

I need to get back to this bigtime. Still need to add the side stick. And i want to add some carbon fiber seat backs under the padding.

I’ve stared at it so long, that now i can see what’s missing.

• 10 months later...
On 3/13/2020 at 7:34 PM, Olitech Industries said:

Here is the guide I am trying to follow.

The rest is improvised.

http://mechajournal.com/2016/03/rockwell-bell-vf-1-valkyrie-3mccs-2-early-cockpit-gallery/

Any idea if there is a copy somewhere? This is just showing database error for weeks :(

Also mad respect ❤️. Your work on this cockpit is truly inspiring. And I mean inspiring - that's also my favourite design so I eventually decided to build it :). Was just doodling around before after finding a good drawing on the Macross Mecha Manual.

It's still work in progress and more loosely based on the same block but fully functional and I use it for my daily simulation fix in various games. I'll eventually start my own thread for this but I wanted to let you know that stumbling over your detailed renderers was the final bump to get me going (in fact I mostly registered on MW just to tell you this).

fly-dangerous-with-vf1-simpit.jpg

8 hours ago, Beko Pharm said:

Any idea if there is a copy somewhere? This is just showing database error for weeks :(

Also mad respect ❤️. Your work on this cockpit is truly inspiring. And I mean inspiring - that's also my favourite design so I eventually decided to build it :). Was just doodling around before after finding a good drawing on the Macross Mecha Manual.

It's still work in progress and more loosely based on the same block but fully functional and I use it for my daily simulation fix in various games. I'll eventually start my own thread for this but I wanted to let you know that stumbling over your detailed renderers was the final bump to get me going (in fact I mostly registered on MW just to tell you this).

Love your sim setup.

I upgraded out of my X-36/52 years ago, scored some X65s (not X56) a couple years ago, new old-stock, and I love them, even have a spare set for parts should I need them.

• 1 month later...
On 10/2/2023 at 10:47 AM, Beko Pharm said:

Holy Moly!!! Dude, that’s so awesome. 

Do you want my 3DS Max files??? I built this in Max 2018.

• 4 months later...