Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

Good, I need to go to Best Buy tomorrow anyway, Target is next door. Maybe I'll get lucky and find one.

Credible sighting at Target in Eugene, OR. (not me). Seems the new case is 2 Smokescreens, 2 Sideswipes. Didn't the JP one come out only like a week or two ago?

http://www.toymania.com/toybuzz/messages/50584.shtml

I was at a Super Target this evening and I saw that they had two Smokescreens (they also had several Gundam Arch Enemy Wing Zero Customs and Tallgeese III's... this is the first time I've seen these at a department store other than Toys R Us).

This incarnation of Smokescreen is one of the best looking Transformers I've ever seen... both the car and robot modes look great. I just might have to get one... :)

This incarnation of Smokescreen is one of the best looking Transformers I've ever seen... both the car and robot modes look great. I just might have to get one... :)

Well Duh!!!! haha cmon its only 20 bucks!!! Just look at teh Arch nemisis they are 20 but do they look as cool? no!!!!

This incarnation of Smokescreen is one of the best looking Transformers I've ever seen... both the car and robot modes look great.  I just might have to get one... :)

Well Duh!!!! haha cmon its only 20 bucks!!! Just look at teh Arch nemisis they are 20 but do they look as cool? no!!!!

Heh, I like the Arch Enenmy figures and I can't wait 'till the RX-78 and Char's Gelgoog are released. :)

This incarnation of Smokescreen is one of the best looking Transformers I've ever seen... both the car and robot modes look great.  I just might have to get one... :)

Heh, I like the Arch Enenmy figures and I can't wait 'till the RX-78 and Char's Gelgoog are released. :)

Mm.. Gelgoog...

..though, I'd rather have Sideswipe!

My BT sideswipe came in. Very nice but watch out for the paint. I am definantly getting the alternators version to as soon as amazon starts selling them.

Yep, I've only had the BT Sideswipe for a few days and the paint is already almost completely gone from where the hood meets the right fender...nasty. Keep in mind this is after only about two complete transformations. I never had this many paint scratches with my Smokescreen. ..This is one where I'll recommend Alternator Sideswipe if you want to play with or transform the toy. BT Lambor is pretty much just for display only.

Here's another vote for the all-plastic Sideswipe over the diecast Lambor. My bro picked up BT-02 a couple of weeks ago and already it's chipped severely around the edges of the hood and both doors. Stupid construction! There's practically no way to avoid chipping the hood in either mode, whereas Smokescreen got away with scrapes in places you might not notice at all. Bottom line for BT-02: too much metal-on-metal contact.

Get the Alternator and you'd be a happier owner. The glossy red plastics look just as good as the BT's paint job! Make the mod for the trunk/chestplate and it looks even better!

Here's another vote for the all-plastic Sideswipe over the diecast Lambor. My bro picked up BT-02 a couple of weeks ago and already it's chipped severely around the edges of the hood and both doors. Stupid construction! There's practically no way to avoid chipping the hood in either mode, whereas Smokescreen got away with scrapes in places you might not notice at all. Bottom line for BT-02: too much metal-on-metal contact.

Get the Alternator and you'd be a happier owner. The glossy red plastics look just as good as the BT's paint job! Make the mod for the trunk/chestplate and it looks even better!

I'll take chipped paint and die-cast any day of the week... they don't look better, I'll agree with that.

But they feel better. And you can hurt people with them. Yeah!

ok before you guys go and waste your time going to TRU speaking from experience I was a former manager TRU is in the process of doing a phase change and they will not be getting any product till end or mid feb depending on when they get done with doing there inventory so you should go to walmart or target these larger stores are albe to acquire product much faster then TRU due to there market share. i would say next week would be a good tiem states closer to the west cost recieve products earlier then stores on the east cost.

How is the die-cast distibuted in the BTs? Is it like the G1s where it mostly just feet and internal parts? I have the Hasbro Smokescreen and he seems OK to me without die-cast.

Actually, pretty much the whole body of the car is die-cast. Think Matchbox car, only bigger. B))

Edited by eriku

Chicago seems to be at the end of the list of TF's. I finally found a Alt. Smokescreen two weeks ago while everyone and thier second cousin's uncle got theirs for Christmas. If Alt. Sideswipe is out now, It'll be at least three weeks before he shows up in this area.

silviasti.jpg

Although personally, I hate ricers and tuning crap, I can't resist a Silvia. BT Smokecsreen is pretty much entirely diecast on the outside. Feels like any other 1:24 diecast car...Except that he can open his trunk while many others can't!

post-26-1073621803_thumb.jpg

Edited by ComicKaze

Pretty darn variable in my experience. But I'll tell you what I can:

Overall best day for toys: Friday. TRU, Wal-Mart, and ESPECIALLY Target. If you only check once a week, do it around 2PM on a Friday...

Decent/good times to check Wal-Mart: Sun. afternoon, Tues. or Wed. night.

on the subject of snagging Sideswipe...

The guy at Wal-Mart wouldn't tell me...

Does anyone know when Wal-Mart NORMALLY gets in shipments?

Simple child does thou not know the holiest days of the holy? haha Thursday midnight is when Wal-Mart stocks it's shelves. If you are like me and my friend and other vultures you lurk at midnight at a 24 hr. Walmart and wait for the palettes to roll in then you grab a box and tear it open to reveal the spoils.

Um Guys...........

I hate to break this to you but I think he got that piece from Hong Kong. The number for Smokescreen and Sideswipe are the same number in the Target computer. I think the Fanboy ,who "alledgedly" bought it at Target, is blowing smoke up everyones bum.

Edited by Myriad

No sideswipes here yet, but plenty of smokeys, not to mention new SD Gundam sets from Char's Counterattack :D

Really? Pics please!!! I got a GP-01 FB SD gundam and surprised at the detail. Like it has a core fighter and everything. Plus it doesnt look retarded like all the other SD gundams US Bandai has been cranking out.

Um Guys...........

I hate to break this to you but I think he got that piece from Hong Kong. The number for Smokescreen and Sideswipe are the same number in the Target computer. I think the Fanboy ,who "alledgedly" bought it at Target, is blowing smoke up everyones bum.

http://www.transfandom.net/forums/index.ph...=post&id=172900

If this is a HK store, it sure as hell looks Americanized.

I was as skeptical as you, Myriad. Until I saw this.

I think he took the toy into the store and took the picture. The guy put that picture up after everyone doubted it. Why would there be only two sightings on the entire planet? HK and Oregon??? The Target I am familiar with just got in two cases and no Sides. I can't find any on ebay either....... strange.......

Edited by Myriad

No sideswipes here yet, but plenty of smokeys, not to mention new SD Gundam sets from Char's Counterattack  :D

Really? Pics please!!! I got a GP-01 FB SD gundam and surprised at the detail. Like it has a core fighter and everything. Plus it doesnt look retarded like all the other SD gundams US Bandai has been cranking out.

I can't give you a quick link, but all I can say is go to the SD Gundam Force website and click on products, then playsets. I have the Ra Callium set, but I'm definitely buying Rewloola! The figures look just like the wing operation meteor sets, only for CCA, and you get a neat little stand :)

Hmmm. Any St. Louisans out their find any alternators? Until I get myself a car, my range of transportation is a bit limited - nonetheless with all the Wal-marts, K-marts, and Targets I can get to on bus you'd think my raids would have turned up at least one smokey! Oh well, this seems to be one of the last places in the U.S. to get much of anything.

Unless of course it involves cock-fighting or the WWF (NeoverseOmega sighs deeply and proceeds to beat his head against the wall).

Edited by NeoverseOmega

• 2 weeks later...

Found Sideswipe myself tonight at Wal-Mart, so he's definitely out. :)

A few comments:

Not as shiny/glossy as Alt. Smokescreen. He's not FLAT plastic, but noticeably not as smooth a finish as Smokescreen. Seems a bit orangey, too. More of a Ferrari red than classic Viper red. (But I haven't seen this particular Viper color in real life, so I dunno)

Awesome engine--chrome valve covers with red accents and the Viper lettering. WAY more accurate engine than Smokescreen. Has intake plenums, cylinder heads, etc. Hood's a bit finicky to open though.

Steering gimmick much better executed that Smokescreen. Doesn't get in way of transformation at all.

More kibbly than Smokescreen. The whole back end and hood just hangs off, and the front bumper really interferes with his foot positioning.

Like Smokescreen, Hasbro tossed out a few minor transformation steps. :p (like the steering wheel, tonneau cover, steering mechanism, headrests, and other things that need to be moved/lined up to form the robot chest, and allow the floorboards to fold up)

There's like 6 joints in EACH shoulder. You can arrange the doors and sidesills and wheels however you want. I think the "official" way is the worst, making him look like G1 Sideswipe is the best.

No, he doesn't need to have *widely* splayed legs. Just a bit.

Actually, if you transform it right and figure out what the instructions left out, his "windshield as chest" looks quite nice. The whole interior folds up (kinda like Smokescreen) so there's no hollow areas underneath the windshield.

I haven't tried out the "trunk as chest" transformation yet, as it will require a bit of plastic-cutting at the joint. I think the main point of that variation is actually to reduce the amount of back kibble, and make him more balanced. (He's not nearly as stable as Smokescreen).

Overall---about as good as Smokescreen, maybe a little worse. Some areas better, some worse. But G1 Sideswipe is my all-time fave Autobot, so a new one is great. :)