[Netflix] Transformers: War For Cybertron Trilogy: Siege

Old_Nash

8 minutes ago, UN Spacy said:

Haven’t really followed a Transformers show since Prime.

Temper your expectations, my friend.  This new series looks (and sounds) a helluva lot more like the Prime Wars Trilogy, aka a steaming pile of crap.

I mean, they couldn't even get Peter Cullen?  :unsure:

2 minutes ago, tekering said:

Temper your expectations, my friend.  This new series looks (and sounds) a helluva lot more like the Prime Wars Trilogy, aka a steaming pile of crap.

It's being done by Rooster Teeth (Red vs Blue, RWBY), so I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.

6 minutes ago, tekering said:

I mean, I couldn't tell without you having said something. Interesting where the kid comes from though.

7 hours ago, SuperHobo said:

This looks a lot better than those Machinima episodes. I like how detailed each model looks too. I would like a good transformers cartoon again please. Also, woo no humans. Nice. 

Only for the first episode.  The second is titled Earthrise so...

14 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

It's being done by Rooster Teeth (Red vs Blue, RWBY), so I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.

I'm a fan of RWBY and GenLock, so I'm willing to give this a look. I started watching it, and wasn't immediately grabbed, admittedly, but I think that's more of the old G1er in me opposing any other voice coming from Prime or Megatron. Heck, I wish they'd gotten Jeff Bennett to do Ultra Magnus, as he nailed the Robert Stack voice for Animated. Anyway, once I mentally divorce myself of that preference, I'll try to watch it with fresh ears and eyes. Rooster Teeth have proven to me that they can write an engaging story with good dialog with characters that you come to care about. They're adept at both humor and seriousness, so I think the show's in good hands.

On 2/22/2020 at 6:10 PM, Chewie said:

I mean, I couldn't tell without you having said something. Interesting where the kid comes from though.

I thought it was Cullen....wow, sure gets the voice right.

On 2/23/2020 at 12:18 PM, M'Kyuun said:

I'm a fan of RWBY and GenLock, so I'm willing to give this a look. I started watching it, and wasn't immediately grabbed, admittedly, but I think that's more of the old G1er in me opposing any other voice coming from Prime or Megatron. Heck, I wish they'd gotten Jeff Bennett to do Ultra Magnus, as he nailed the Robert Stack voice for Animated. Anyway, once I mentally divorce myself of that preference, I'll try to watch it with fresh ears and eyes. Rooster Teeth have proven to me that they can write an engaging story with good dialog with characters that you come to care about. They're adept at both humor and seriousness, so I think the show's in good hands.

How were you watching this? I can't find it on NF. Thanks

I looked into it, and Jon Bailey (the HISHE voice) isn't Prime in this (although he did Prime in the first part of Machinima's Prime Wars series before Peter Cullen took over). The guy doing Prime in this is Jay Foshee, who does Prime's voice in Cyberverse.

10 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I thought he was inferring he saw the show????

I've seen the trailer.;)

Nah, man, just the trailer. I didn't watch the full trailer immediately, but came back for a second viewing after I typed my response, hence my "started watching" comment. Once the series starts, I'll likely give it a few eps to temper my opinion. As I said, the voices throw me off a bit, but once I get used to them, I'll be able to enjoy the show for what it is more than what it isn't.  To that end, I envy people new to Transformers watching this, as they have no precedent by which to compare or judge, whereas I have 35+ years of nostalgia telling me that everyone should sound like their G1 selves. It's not fair, but it is what it is. It's hard to divorce my expectations from what I grew up with and cherished.  All part of being human, I guess.

58 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I thought he was inferring he saw the show????

I've seen the trailer.;)

DOH! :drinks:

38 minutes ago, M'Kyuun said:

To that end, I envy people new to Transformers watching this, as they have no precedent by which to compare or judge, whereas I have 35+ years of nostalgia telling me that everyone should sound like their G1 selves. It's not fair, but it is what it is. It's hard to divorce my expectations from what I grew up with and cherished.  All part of being human, I guess.

Yeah, I'll struggle with it as well.  I'm sure I'll watch it.  Maybe make my kiddo watch it with me as an excuse for me to overlook the things you're pointing out.  HA

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Keep your expectations in check...  This is merely a continuation of the deplorable Prime Wars Trilogy, with the same showrunner and cast.

It's unlikely to be any better, just because Netflix is funding it.  <_<

19 hours ago, tekering said:

Keep your expectations in check...  This is merely a continuation of the deplorable Prime Wars Trilogy, with the same showrunner and cast.

It's unlikely to be any better, just because Netflix is funding it.  <_<

No, it's based in the toy line (animation to sell toys XD) backstory.

5 hours ago, Hikaru Ichijo SL said:

I like it better in Japanese.

I wonder if we'll be able to see this in Japanese, with English subtitles...?  Depending on the dialogue (and the delivery), it might be preferable.

The Star Wars prequels, for example, are a helluva lot better in Japanese.  :good: