17 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Looks awesome.

52555D6C-3AED-483E-BCCD-38C8D60258F0.thumb.jpeg.6c6da78771d5095eba8902b1223bff04.jpeg

Some day I will own their APC.

21 minutes ago, Atheonyirh said:

If these are the guys I'm thinking of, all their stuff is ~1/18th scale?

Yes.

Having scouted a bit on the interwebs, my impression is that this is a re-release of the 2014 Neca toy. The original release went for $80, but the scale is the same, so I'm not sure. If this is indeed a re-release, then it's going for half the original price, for a decent toy.  If I'm right about the re-release, then I almost wish that Neca had done improvements to the original toy to add some features, even if it raised the price to $100 or so, it 'd be worth it, if the improvements were indeed just so. At the very least, a moving armature to position the missile launcher accurately would be great.

Hot Toys also released an improved version of their ED-209 in 2014, and that thing is glorious, but that heady amount of goodness came at a $400+ price tag. Not sure how I missed that release, but I probably still would have passed on it for that price- just a little much. I'm still wondering how I missed the 2014 Neca release. Anyway, ED-209 is one of my all-time favorite robot designs, so I'm very curious about this release, as, if this is the Neca toy, at $80 it was a good toy, but at $40 it's a great toy.

The ED-209 from NECA is 1/10 scale.  The ED-209 from Hiya Toys is 1/18 scale.

Thanks for the clarification. BBTS still had the Neca 1/10 scale, and after watching several reviews, I went ahead and ordered a copy. It's not perfect, but at that price, it's a pretty nice piece, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

That is remarkable, groundbreaking packaging for two reasons:

• The traditional carded blister is protected by a window box.
  • The figure is packaged facing the card, so his back is visible through the blister.

Amazing.  :wub:

Mad Max, The Road Warrior, and Fury Road.

It's the perfect scale for a robust action figure and vehicle line.