G.I. Joe Classified Series 6” figures, Retro 3.75” line, and Ultimates 7” figures

sh9000

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got Snake Eyes (regular ver) today. I'm happy with it overall. I'm looking forward to the Alley Vipers, potentially a Beachhead, Flint, Falcon, Storm Shadow, Firefly, CC, and Barroness.

Edited by blackconvoy_D01

2 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

Are these going to be mass-release, or specialty/online only? 

Mass release with the exception of the special editionSnake Eyes. The regular Snake Eyes- I got at my local comic shop. I went back to see what was left and he sold out.

I saw the entire wave at my lcs a few days ago. I picked up Scarlett and Roadblock.  I went back today and the others were all gone. I have both versions of snake eyes and Duke on PO with Hasbro Pulse.  I highly recommend these figures if you run across them.  The added leg and neck articulation allows for some really dynamic poses.  These are quite possibly Hasbro's best 6 inch figures to date.  I may do a head swap for Scarlett using the Target exclusive black widow, as her head sculpt is a little young in appearance. 

37 minutes ago, Golden Arms said:

I saw the entire wave at my lcs a few days ago. I picked up Scarlett and Roadblock.  I went back today and the others were all gone. I have both versions of snake eyes and Duke on PO with Hasbro Pulse.  I highly recommend these figures if you run across them.  The added leg and neck articulation allows for some really dynamic poses.  These are quite possibly Hasbro's best 6 inch figures to date.  I may do a head swap for Scarlett using the Target exclusive black widow, as her head sculpt is a little young in appearance. 

This one?

https://www.target.com/p/hasbro-marvel-legends-series-black-widow-deadly-origin/-/A-78137438

18 minutes ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

The weapons would be good too. I may try that.

Yes, both versions of target figure have great accessories.  If you need more weapons, check out little armory from Tomytec.  Their weapons are 1/12 scale.  I have a LA046 that I may give to Roadblock. My little armory figmas may soon be going to war against the Joes!!

7 hours ago, Golden Arms said:

Yes, both versions of target figure have great accessories.  If you need more weapons, check out little armory from Tomytec.  Their weapons are 1/12 scale.  I have a LA046 that I may give to Roadblock. My little armory figmas may soon be going to war against the Joes!!

Cool. I was going to check out the Maurarder Inc set fo 6" weapons; 

https://www.marauderinc.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=12-800029&CartID=3

3 hours ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

Cool. I was going to check out the Maurarder Inc set fo 6" weapons; 

https://www.marauderinc.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=12-800029&CartID=3

The Marauders Inc line is great as well.  Their figures and accessories will pair well the Joes.  Ditto for the articulated icons.  I have a few ninja and samurais from that line.  

I've got Classified Snake Eyes x2 ordered at Dorkside and Destro ordered at Target when they had their sale.  Looking forward to more Cobra figures.  I'm glad that the Articulated Icons Ninjas are versatile to different lines.  Too bad they don't list their Black Ninjas or Red Ninjas on sale.

I might get a few figures and vehicles from the Retro line.  I hate all exclusives carried by Walmart though.

lol, but oh maaan , not digging this design.  what's going on with his torso? have we reverted back to marvel ab crunch?

nvm, i take that back.  he most likely have the ball waist too.

Edited by Negotiator

GI Joe is the single toy line I loved as a kid that has never been improved upon.

The newest Yamato and Bandai Valkyries are amazing. The Beagle Mospeada is perfection. Masterpiece Transformers are truly masterpieces.

But these new GI Joes do nothing for me. The originals are still the best. Except maybe in articulation.

^^You’d take the originals even over the 25th Anniversary versions from a decade ago?

I’ll concede the original vehicles have never been improved upon, but the figures?

The 25th and follow-up lines were a massive improvement in a number of ways.

i think i like the light blue version, but maybe it's the helmet that really bother's me.  maybe a custom classic head would make it better.

the gold feet should probably be black.  I don't doubt the team would eventually redo all the characters with their classic look.

Hasbro-GI-Joe-Classified-Series-Cobra-Commander-Variant-01.jpg.752f35b31f125c71119e74b21a2f3fc4.jpg

Edited by Negotiator

I'm wondering if the side of the helmet is supposed to evoke the head of a snake with its mouth wide open? :unknw:

I can see if they go with the first shade of blue, if the plan is to match up with the same shade of blue used for the Cobra Troopers and Cobra Officers.

And on the regular release, they really need to make the butt of the revolver gold to match the hilt of the sword.  Consistently colored cobra-headed weapons.

9 hours ago, Mog said:

^^You’d take the originals even over the 25th Anniversary versions from a decade ago?

I’ll concede the original vehicles have never been improved upon, but the figures?

The 25th and follow-up lines were a massive improvement in a number of ways.

I don't like the sculpts, the wonky proportions, or the over-detailing in some cases (ridiculous amounts of wrinkles, giant pockets everywhere, random textures).

Many of the figures are super lanky with small joints (knees, elbows, waist) so they end up looking like sausage links.

But the line is super inconsistent so it varies from figure to figure. If they all looked as good as 2011 Airtight I would feel very differently:

27385.jpg

But for every one of those there are a bunch of stinkers. Like their attempt to recreate 85 Snake Eyes. Maybe most people like it but I think it looks pretty goofy:

67333.jpg

Edited by danth

I liked them well enough.  

Near the end of the line, the figures were loaded for bear in terms of accessories and weapons (Steel Brigade and Resolute/City Strike Snake Eyes, for example).

The female figures were an improvement over the 80’s O-Ring versions.

I liked that you could change the look of certain figures like keeping the goggles up or down for both Snow Job and Low Light.

And once you learned how to pop open the torsos, it was relatively easy to pull off a bunch of customs.

Even when the official releases were less than adequate, there were ways to make better versions (Grunt and Wet Suit come to mind).