G.I. Joe Classified Series 6” figures, Retro 3.75” line, and Ultimates 7” figures

sh9000

I basically just want Alley Viper at this point (who has been teased on the poster, but no figure yet).  I'm willing to admit I would probably pay $30+ if needed (assuming it turns out good).

I might get the Stormshadow they showed, but I'm not loving it.  I would prefer a v1 or even v2 based variant.

10 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

I basically just want Alley Viper at this point (who has been teased on the poster, but no figure yet).  I'm willing to admit I would probably pay $30+ if needed (assuming it turns out good).

I might get the Stormshadow they showed, but I'm not loving it.  I would prefer a v1 or even v2 based variant.

Which Storm Shadow?  They've shown two.  The stupid looking one with the Tattoo and the remake of the Amazon Exclusive Arctic Stormshadow.

7 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Which Storm Shadow?  They've shown two.  The stupid looking one with the Tattoo and the remake of the Amazon Exclusive Arctic Stormshadow.

I'm only looking at the 6 inch line.  I've only seen the Amazon Exclusive Arctic Stormshadow.  Is there another 6 inch Stormshadow they previewed?  I haven't seen it.

57 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

I'm only looking at the 6 inch line.  I've only seen the Amazon Exclusive Arctic Stormshadow.  Is there another 6 inch Stormshadow they previewed?  I haven't seen it.

I'm only talking about six inch.  There's also the Stormshadow like from of the back of the box.  The stupid looking one with the Tattoo.

34 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I'm only talking about six inch.  There's also the Stormshadow like from of the back of the box.  The stupid looking one with the Tattoo.

Can't say I've seen that one, do you have a link?  The only other Stormshadow art I've seen is this:

Storm-Shadow-Hasbro-GIJOE-Classified-Col

Which looks ok-ish, but kind of hard to tell with so little to go off of.  I don't see a tattoo in that picture, but maybe that one does have a tattoo, as it looks a lot more v1 inspired.

On 4/23/2020 at 7:10 AM, sh9000 said:

267F4295-5069-442C-B89F-0C53EFCA1D47.jpeg.f8781e55ae35c3028565e5f423bd185c.jpeg

For the regular release Baroness, I’m going to paint over all of the gold armor.

D5520E50-4862-46BA-AFB0-65C29BF38CB2.jpeg.76640a4536b5ba4c2243dbd6af0b8dab.jpeg

Looks like the Night Raven for the Retro line will be this version.  I might buy it if the packaging looks good along with a few more Retro figures and vehicles.

58 minutes ago, Mommar said:

908048E1-6C80-471C-B1DC-D3618A1A4269.jpeg.fa37610089b9fae69c7a6896947e28e1.jpeg

Ah I see, thanks.  Yeah, I don't hate it, but I don't really like it.  I'd have to see it in figure form before deciding for sure, but I'd probably pass on that design.  

This line is weird.  There is like 25% of the figures I feel they knock out of park, another 25% that I feel are just way off the mark, and the other 50% of kind of "meh."

The night raven out of the original line was a favorite vehicle of mine. I did love the other planes like the rattler and sky striker, but I think the night raven had my favorite pilot figure with the strato viper. I don’t think it was the most realistic pilot outfit, but it was cool looking

2 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

Ah I see, thanks.  Yeah, I don't hate it, but I don't really like it.  I'd have to see it in figure form before deciding for sure, but I'd probably pass on that design.  

This line is weird.  There is like 25% of the figures I feel they knock out of park, another 25% that I feel are just way off the mark, and the other 50% of kind of "meh."

I'm hoping for a Retaliation looking Storm Shadow in the classified line:

stormshadowkneel.jpg

15 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

The biggest problem is that it's so close... and then there's that fricking mask and tattoo.  The thing is they have to come out with new designs.  They need something to sell to people now while everybody waits for the classic stuff.

On 3/15/2020 at 7:43 PM, sh9000 said:

EE96C1A4-D4DF-46A5-A8CF-93D527416E99.jpeg.66ad938ca18148f4ad6a6df3310239d8.jpeg

Very cool customs.

I just want a standard looking Storm Shadow like this.

8023C1C2-30BB-4790-8D61-67B820359F54.jpeg.94f2de43d27874446c565301ebfba39c.jpeg

If I need Red Ninjas I think I might buy some from Articulated Icons.

I’ll skip checking out my Target for Cobra Island figures tomorrow.  One of the workers for the toy section is a collector which probably explains why certain toys are never found.

3 hours ago, Negotiator said:

anyone go to target yet?  anyone in Cali with any luck?

I went to three Targets this evening.  Two had nothing, one had a shrink wrapped pallet sitting out with no boxes from Hasbro on them (to be honest I was hoping for Apocalypse, or X-Force or War Machine).  And, oddly, two Musical Mutagen Tour sets from the Neca Convention Exclusive.

I also live in New Mexico so we don't usually get anything before anyone else.

Edited by Mommar

16 hours ago, Negotiator said:

anyone go to target yet?  anyone in Cali with any luck?

Yup. Picked a Snake eyes at a local Wal-Mart. Even saw one at Target. I guess everyone’s started getting deliveries this weekend.

74007433-A4E1-496C-B4F0-B15A1E823F46.jpeg

11 hours ago, CoryHolmes said:

Okay, normally I hate stuff like this, but I just came across the sexified Bishojou versions of the Joe Ladies (plus dual Baroness') and they completely caught my eye :wub:  Does anyone know if the line is continuing after Lady Jaye, since my Google Fu is weak?

No clue, but there’s only a few more well-known female Joes that would be available for them to do:

* Covergirl;

* Jinx (so they could hit the Asian and sexy ninja niches); and

* Zarana (for the punk elements).

There’s a couple other more obscure ones, but those are really the only well known ones left.

Regarding Variation No. 385,897,577 of Cobra Commander, I guess he’s infringing on Destro’s black, red, and gold color scheme now.

Edited by Mog

3 hours ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

NC Fletcher Target is playing by the rules of the advertised street date of 8/14. Maybe I'll try SC and see whats up.

Nope, official Hasbro Facebook says in stores August 1.  Online August 14.  If you go in and they tell you they can't sell them until the 14th show them the Hasbro Facebook page and get the manager.

3 hours ago, Mommar said:

Nope, official Hasbro Facebook says in stores August 1.  Online August 14.  If you go in and they tell you they can't sell them until the 14th show them the Hasbro Facebook page and get the manager.

Appreciated, can you post here please? I'm not on FB.

1 hour ago, Negotiator said:

my friend went to a target, it was in stock.  he showed them the tweet, and the manager STILL said 8/14.

He should have responded to the tweet with the name of the manager and store number telling them employees are not cooperating.

They all show out of stock in my area.  My local Target did sell a bunch of them yesterday and one of the employees told me it was a crap show.  I suspect they are holding the remaining inventory for 8/14.

I now have all of the wave one minus pulse Snake eyes.  The only one that has loose joints is Road Block and it's one leg.  They all look so much better in person.  I dig the redesigns.  I swapped Scarlett's head with Target exclusive Black Widow.  Best $9 spent. 

21 minutes ago, Golden Arms said:

They all show out of stock in my area.  My local Target did sell a bunch of them yesterday and one of the employees told me it was a crap show.  I suspect they are holding the remaining inventory for 8/14.

I now have all of the wave one minus pulse Snake eyes.  The only one that has loose joints is Road Block and it's one leg.  They all look so much better in person.  I dig the redesigns.  I swapped Scarlett's head with Target exclusive Black Widow.  Best $9 spent. 

Except for the Pulse one all five of the regular releases are loose.  That's 100% of the wave that came loose.