Official Tanmen Order Thread

Myersjessee

Thanks to the Mods. To everyone who is tired of this thread continuing, my apologies. Update...I sent Tanmen a note three weeks ago. It was short, simple, and to the point. (without me being rude) I have not heard back. I assume this is a direct effect of his lack of a translating service. Since he has not responded to nearly all of my email recently I will be asking Rob (Monkey Nugget) if he would again consider helping us and contacting Tanmen by phone. I will also be asking if he feels it is appropriate...considering it has been nearly 3 months with no word, I think a simple status and timeframe request is fair, but if Rob feels strongly calling would be offensive I will let everyone know so we can vote or whatever on whether to risk that. Anyways....sorry I dont have any better news to report.

My assesment :

Models : 5 Stars...amazing work

Customer Service 1 open star - this long of a wait is on the ridiculous end of the scale.

Ill keep plugging away...sorry.

I actually contacted Tanmen for my own personal order. I was planning on opening it up to the rest of the MWers when I had a good idea if Tanmen could fill the order. This is completely separate from Meyersjesse's coordinated order. I sent a first email seeing if he would be interested in doing a second run of the Cat's Eye. He sent a note back saying that he was having the note translated. That was two months ago. I subsequently sent two emails asking if the note had been translated yet and if he was still interested. No responses. I was careful to show complete respect and admiration in my email so as not to offend. Well, call me an ugly American, since the apparent lack of customer service has resulted in the loss of any future business from me.

LTSO - He let me know he lost access to his translating service....Im not sure when it falls in comparison to your note...but I think thats when the huge delays started happening...I also am assuming he got involved in something else...I say this only because he was (for about 5 months ) very good at responding to most notes within 2-3 weeks....and often in under 2.....I can't understand what changed, but at this point we just need to see if we can get the last of the models in....if he does email me I can ask if he has any CatsEyes left....last I knew he had 4.

I would really like to see this come to an end.... I'm really thankful that I get to have some of his kits, but I will never order from him again after this... it's just been too long.

Oh, and Jesse, if there are any Cats Eyes available I would also be interested in one. I didn't think I was going to want one, but I've changed my mind... No worries if this can't happen though...

Thanks so much for you time and effort. :)

Hello All,

I E-Mailed Jesse about this but he may be out for awhile and won't get the mail. I had my partner call Tanmen today. Once again he aplogised for the delay and assured us that the remaining order will be mailed out by or during October. If he doesn't mail them out by the appointed time I asked him to please contact Jesse ASAP. Once again he is alittle un-easy about responding in English as he is afraid it may come across wrong. :(

But if needed we can make the appropriate phone calls again. :)

Rob MN

Thank you so much for making the phone call Rob... I'm sure Jesse will be very pleased to hear the news you got from Tanmen. Thank you, thank you, thank you! :D

Man I miss the "thumbs up" emoticon... :(

So about any left over Cats Eyes.....

Are they all spoken for, or does someone have one they don't want??

Thanks! :)

get in line, rocco.

I think I just got in line Less than Super O. :p

So how many of you guys are in front of me? :(

Man, I should have got one of those when I had the chance.... But my wallet was burning my butt that month... DAMN!

Well, here's to hoping....

Edited by rocco_77

• 4 weeks later...

Well Jesse,

I know you would have posted here if you had any info, but man this is really a big bummer that we don't have this done yet.... I've been checking this thread everyday to see if there is any news, and ....... nothing. :(

Well, I just felt like griping about something today I guess..... don't mind me.

It would be REALLY REALLY sweet if someone would offer up a Cats Eye for someone to recast...

Anyone interested in doing that?

I just wonder if we should keep the recast talk down untill we know for sure that we aren't going to get our kits. The last thing we want to have happen is Tanmen gets wind of this talk and cancel the order.

That's a good point... I didn't really think about that. Sorry, I meant no disrespect.

Mods, if you would like to delete my previous post, that may be in the best interest of this thread for now.

Sorry guys.

• 3 weeks later...
I would like to order a Cat's Eye and a Dragon..... what do I do?

At this point your best bet is to email Tanmen. If and when he contacts me to tell me things are coming I will ask if he has things ready we can add into the order. If he does I will let people know so they have a chance to buy them.

MJ,

I would say no!

Not to be mean or anything but lets not complicate our order any more than it has to be!

Believe me I wont. Im only suggesting if he emails me like he should and says "Im shipping it next week" I will ask if he has anything already ready he can add to the order....I don't want to be mean either...but Ill be clear if its ready and no impact great...otherwise no dice..

Last email from Tanmen was sent to me: Tue 6/24/2003 11:16 PM I responded to it with more questions and have sent multiple emails since that have not been replied to. Monkey Nugget has again agreed to try and help us (with his partner) contact Tanmen by phone. The last word we got from him was also through ther help, and he said he would ship in Oct (and email me...which he did not) Rob and his partner really have been going the extra mile for all of us on this. I wish I knew how to speak Japanese, or had a way to easily communicate with Tanmen without their help, but I dont. Im hoping they can reach him,a dn get us a positive update soon, but please be patient with them, they have lives too. I do know They tried to call yesterday, but Tanmen did not answer...they will try again...and I will pass on what news they gather.

Many thanks to Rob (Monkey Nugget) Watson!

Hey Jesse

Do you have the list from the old forum that had who got what model? The reason I asked is I was waiting to get the SD VF-11 before I sent you the payment for shipping and realize I might not get it and can't remember all the models that I had gotten other then that one. :rolleyes: I tried to go to the old forum to no avail. <_<

Hey Jesse

Do you have the list from the old forum that had who got what model? The reason I asked is I was waiting to get the SD VF-11 before I sent you the payment for shipping and realize I might not get it and can't remember all the models that I had gotten other then that one. :rolleyes: I tried to go to the old forum to no avail. <_<

Sure Rune...I think this was the latest version....(I have copies filed, but Im just pulling from my web image store)

Tanmen.jpg

Least I can do Rune.

Quick update....Rob has not been able to get Tanmen on the phone...either he is not picking up, away, or screening his calls. Ive asked Rob to keep trying....but I dont have a good update otherwise. We will write an email in Japanese (Ive tried this before...but will do so again) in hopes he will respond to that.

Sorry I dont have more information. On the bright side Shawn was telling me abouit some very nice and generous things Tanmen did for him...I really believe he is a good person...hopefully this is just a bad situation and he will remedy it.