Official Tanmen Order Thread

Myersjessee

FINALLY!

Jesse.... I think if we do make money on this, then it would be a great idea to give Rob a model, or some cash, and some funds to Anasazi for decals...

I look forward to your PM.

Dragon.... Cats Eye...... 1 of each.... I HAVE CHOICES!!! (hopefully) :D

Grayson - I think I said recast at some point... then I retracted it.... and now I'm saying it again. :p

Edited by rocco_77

Don't anyone even mention the word recast.

Why not? We got our stuff from Tanmen now. How he figures that the shipping shouldn't be included is beyond me. That whole mentality in Japan about being insulted is a load of crap. Should we not have been insulted that he failed to deliver his goods by promised date after promised date? Personally, I have no problem with people taking his stuff and recasting it.

The reason I say that is because we were the ones who went through the all the crap to get these models, paid out all the money, waited for two years, etc...

I didn't go through all that just so everyone else could have an easy time getting access to them and for cheaper.

I'll also pitch in for shipping as well.... I just want know who is getting what, but I understand Jesse that this is not what you had in mind... so take your time...

As for recasting... I don't care to keep that quiet anymore... I say go ahead and recast. As for us waiting and paying for these models and the trouble we went through? I'm not saying it was not a big deal, but by now.... who cares? As long as I get a model or two to compensate my order not even getting made is fine with me. And as for letting others get the models from recasts? That's fine with me... spread the joy.... we are all fans after all. As for paying less for the recasts... Who says they would have to be cheaper than the originals? At least not too much cheaper anyway...

Okay....I have the boxes...the eagle has landed....

So...here is where we stand...I have sent notes to the parties who will be most directly effected by this...(those of you who are owed money and did not get the kits they wanted) Im offering them the replacement kits I asked Tanmen to include. Once they get back to me I will offer up any that are left for sale. My hope is to cover the costs of shipping and money owed to MW members through kit sales as opposed to charging people any extra (though I appreciate the sentiment) People who requested Dragons...your kits are in. I will try and get some boxes and get them ready to go out. I need everyone to pay for S+H from me to you though..which will probably be like $7 for USPS priority for a Dragon. Ill send out notes on these as well.

PLEASE NOTE! - We have less kits then enough to go around for everyone...when we did this poll last time some people did not want to geta Dragon...so I am assuming they will decline and want their money back...if everyone wants a kit we will come up short...(SIGH ) :(

Anyone on the order or not on the order who would be interested in buying a Dragon please send me a PM...I will start making a list...first priority goes to people who were on the order..then to any interested buyers. I can't gurantee we will have any to sell, but Ill make a list in case. Im offering this assuming several people won't want a Dragon from the order and will want their money back.

Thanks all.

Jesse

Edited by Myersjessee

well...now that we've gotten all our stuff from Tanmen, we should recast all of them and sell them to make money so we can give a lil back to those who made this all possible: the monkey man and jesse...and monkey's wife. Besides...I broke my racer...I need a recast replacement! BTW, when I say recast, I mean we should make the recasts, sell them at the same price it cost us to purchase. Make only a limited number...just enough so that we can cover the costs of having the recasts made, and give some goodies to the monkey and the myers boy.

Edited by phatslappy

Sorry I have been slow on this...work this week has been terrible...just no free minutes. I have sent notes to all the people owed money who will not recieve their kits. I got some responses from them, but not all. (If you have not responded or didn't see my PM please contact me) I intend on figuring shipping and sending notes to people this weekend to collect shipping costs. Then Ill start packing kits and get them shipped out. For people recieving a replacement kit I would like to wait until everyone has responded (some of you have asked for extra kits and such, so I need all responses before I can determine who can get what. )

So...summary...People awaiting Dragons from original order should hear from me this weekend...and Ill ship your kits out next week. People awaiting replacement kits or awaiting a chance at additional kits we need to hear from everyone first.

One final thought...if we make extra money selling the kits (I'm doubting we will...but maybe) I thought I might offer to send it to Rob for all his hard work and or maybe commision Anasazi to do some Dragon decals for the Dragon kit owners...just thoughts. I think it's possible we will make a couple hundred dollars...so while thats only like $5 a piece for us it might be enough to split between Rob and Anasazi as a gift and a work fee. Think about it...Ill update as things go.

I'm willing to donate the time and materials necessary to create Dragon decals for everyone who ordered the kit. No charge. All you guys would need to pay for is shipping. We can work out those details later. Goodness knows when I'll be able to create them (maybe a month or two....), but it's the least I can do considering what you all have gone through. I was lucky enough to get my Catseye and Fanracer in the first shipment and have watched this nightmare unfold ever since....

Anasazi - That's really cool of you to do.. THANKS!

Jesse - Take your time man... at least we know that you will actually send the kits at least within a couple weeks... LOL!

• 2 weeks later...
I got my dragon today. Is it supposed to include instructions? I know it doesn't include decals. Just want to confirm.

Nope, and no landing gear either, I figured out where all the parts go though, It's pretty easy.

I got my dragon today. Is it supposed to include instructions? I know it doesn't include decals. Just want to confirm.

Nope, and no landing gear either, I figured out where all the parts go though, It's pretty easy.

that's ok though, you don't really need the landing gear do you? if you just put it on the stand. At least it came with a stand

I'm just thrilled to have this debacle concluded. Thanks again to Jessy and Rob for suffering hell to get us these kits. I am sure Tanmen is done with Macross now. Which is fine with me after getting Cap'n America's booster kit.

Ditto on that. Time to recast all this crap, sell it off and ruin Tanmen forever! j/k

• 1 month later...