Macross Won’t Stop Special Disc

Tochiro

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question on this Special Disc. How long usually the CG clips that comes with it? All the info I find is all in Japanese which I'm not very fluent except for just small hiragana and katakana characters. Would appreciate if someone can add more details of this release.

Thanks.

15 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Quick question on this Special Disc. How long usually the CG clips that comes with it? All the info I find is all in Japanese which I'm not very fluent except for just small hiragana and katakana characters. Would appreciate if someone can add more details of this release.

Thanks.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/B07TYSHDBR/ref=mh_s9_acss_cg_macross_md1_w?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=mobile-hybrid-5&pf_rd_r=R9GGD1D33JNGTAH60KRW&pf_rd_t=1201&pf_rd_p=aa8a3df7-dfc8-4a70-b9e3-18f71519777f&pf_rd_i=7016240051

The total runtime for the entire disc is 3hr 15min...

Unfortunately, the Amazon.jp page doesn't give any info on the individual runtimes for the bonus content...

[Bonus Footage]
(1) 35th anniversary animation of Macross

` ` Bridge to Macross ' ' 35th anniversary of Macross x Kentaro Haneda 10th Memorial `` Super Dimensional Orchestra '' remember Screened at Healthy Wings Orchestra (September 2017)

(2) Walkure 2nd LIVE opening CG "Knight of the Walküre"
"Valkyrie 2nd LIVE at Yokohama Arena" Valkyrie does not stop "" opening CG animation (January 2017)

(3) 35th anniversary of Macross Commemorative animation `` Meets of The SuperDimension '
' ` ` TOKYO SKYTREE (R) BLUEMOON SHOWCASE '' screened at the Round Theater (January to February 2018)

(4) `` Valkyrie 3rd LIVE '' opening CG `` Walküre Launch !!!!! '' Live Version-

"Valkyrie 3rd LIVE at Yokohama Arena" Valkyrie is No Betrayal "" Opening CG Animation (February 2018)

(5) "Walkure 3rd LIVE" opening CG "Walküre Launch !!!!!"-Complete Version-"Walkure

3rd LIVE at Yokohama Arena" Walkure is a betrayal "" Opening CG animation (February 2018)

(6) Macross "35th anniversary animation" SDF-35 EVE OF WAR "
Partially screened at" MACROSS CROSSOVER LIVE 2019 at Makuhari Messe "(June 2019)

Can't imagine it being more than a few minutes.

I would sooner be interested in footage from the Kentaro Haneda Macross concert.

Hopefully, some of this content makes it's way onto the web eventually.

The bonus (animation) footage takes up 10-15 mins of the discs total runtime. 
Eve of War is significantly changed from its original version according to Ichiro Itano recently. 
The remaining 3hrs is the cast of Macross Won’t Stop getting up to various shenanigans. 

Hopefully ppl will refrain from posting the content of the disc online, given the effort that went into many of the shorts included. 

Edited by Tochiro

26 minutes ago, Tochiro said:

Eve of War is significantly changed from its original version according to Ichiro Itano recently. 
The remaining 3hrs is the cast of Macross Won’t Stop getting up to various shenanigans. 

Hopefully ppl will refrain from posting the content of the disc online, given the effort that went into many of the shorts included. 

How much of the content on disc is subtitled?

I don't want to go out and assume 100% simply because of members of the SpeakerPodcast might have been involved in the production.

9 hours ago, Mazinger said:

How much of the content on disc is subtitled?

I don't want to go out and assume 100% simply because of members of the SpeakerPodcast might have been involved in the production.

The disc does not contain subtitles because the bulk of it is ad-libbed talks and games. 
The animated bonus materials do not have anything in them that would require subtitles as far as I remember. 

12 hours ago, Tochiro said:

Thanks Tochiro! :good:

On 12/30/2019 at 10:58 AM, Tochiro said:

It will be online the day of release because that is how the internet works. Granted I ordered more then one disc since I have a few friends that were interested in this. 

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Haha. Looks cool!

.. they need more tampo..

I realise you’re joking (lol) but realistically I doubt they had much in the way of resources. 
Still, the way Itano has expanded on it just a bit to give it a teeny bit of narrative is very cool imo :-) 

160C406E-92DC-41AE-ACF1-1AE5187E7839.jpeg

3 hours ago, Focslain said:

So I got an email talking about a promo code for ordering the blu-ray. Anyone know exactly what it's for and if they are transferable?

Information from the AmazonJP link in case you missed it the first time.

3rd Anniversary Public Live Streaming Application Code. This product is eligible for “Macross does not stop” 3rd anniversary public live invitation lottery application serial code. We will send you a serial code by email when the item is shipped. Offered by Amazon.co.jp. 

After you purchase qualifying products, Amazon.co.jp will send you an e-mail with your digital serial code.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07TYSHDBR

On the side note though. I also received my copy. This is the first time I've skipped the actual 'feature' of the disc and just went straight to the bonus CGI clips. :rolleyes:

Edited by no3Ljm

43 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Information from the AmazonJP link in case you missed it the first time.

On the side note though. I also received my copy. This is the first time I've skipped the actual 'feature' of the disc and just went straight to the bonus CGI clips. :rolleyes:

Guess I wasn't specific enough, sorry.

What I'm wondering is what the prize is.

If it's tickets to an event, which it seems to be, then I can just send my codes to someone that has a better chance of getting to the event then me. 

1 hour ago, Focslain said:

Guess I wasn't specific enough, sorry.

What I'm wondering is what the prize is.

If it's tickets to an event, which it seems to be, then I can just send my codes to someone that has a better chance of getting to the event then me. 

I believe it's just an access code for their streaming event. The only question I have actually if this streaming event is accessible outside Japan.

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

I believe it's just an access code for their streaming event. The only question I have actually if this streaming event is accessible outside Japan.

Same, ok so might as well keep them, though I do have a spare code.

11 minutes ago, Focslain said:

Same, ok so might as well keep them, though I do have a spare code.

And to be honest, I haven't receive any codes from Amazon. It's not a biggie for me. Besides, I don't have time to watch it and it's probably not going to have subtitles since it's a live event. :unsure:

10 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

And to be honest, I haven't receive any codes from Amazon. It's not a biggie for me. Besides, I don't have time to watch it and it's probably not going to have subtitles since it's a live event. :unsure:

True, but might be an interesting watch depending on what they are doing. Will depend on when it is though.

7 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Personally, I'd love to have this.  Little bit of extra content and some live music footage would be cool. 

Still shows as in stock. The promo code is invalid after 02/02/2020, but you can still get the blu ray.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, oshanmacross said:

For those that might not be into the Macross won't stop shenanigans.
Would this be a viable purchase for someone interested in the TV series valkyries?
In other words, am I getting my hopes up expecting something like the 20th anniversary dvd?

194318-macross-20th-anniversary-0-230-0-345-crop.jpg

I didn't own a copy of this. What's the content if it's ok to ask?

7 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

What's the main feature? A Walkure concert?

Are you asking the Macross Won't Stop special cd? If it is, here's the product sample clips at Amazon.JP:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/b?ie=UTF8&node=7016240051

If you able to play those clips, then it's basically like that for some 2.5+ hours. The bonus Macross CG clips mentioned by JVM above, runs probably like 30mins more or less.

If it's the Feb 14 event which the digital code is for (in which up to now I haven't received it via email), we're not sure if it's an actual concert since the show is just about 45mins as per the AmazonJP page.

Hopefully Tochiro and the others who is Japan-based can share what's the 2/14 event is. ;) 

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

I didn't own a copy of this. What's the content if it's ok to ask?

I have not watched it in a while but I recall there was some pretty cool CGI....the rest I think was just a rehash of the Macross shows that had been released to that point....

MACROSS WILL ADVANCE!!!

:drinks:

To answer some questions:

→The new animated content on the disc clocks in at approx. 15mins. 
→The event on the 14th is a live audience broadcast of Macross Won’t Stop as well as (I think) a screening of a bit of the bluray. 
→The greater amount of content on the disc is not really similar to the 20th Ann. disc and is more like a 3hr long episode of Macross Won’t Stop.

20 hours ago, Tochiro said:

To answer some questions:

→The new animated content on the disc clocks in at approx. 15mins. 
→The event on the 14th is a live audience broadcast of Macross Won’t Stop as well as (I think) a screening of a bit of the bluray. 
→The greater amount of content on the disc is not really similar to the 20th Ann. disc and is more like a 3hr long episode of Macross Won’t Stop.

Thanks much....

Still on the fence about ordering though ^_^

• 2 months later...