36 minutes ago, renegadeleader1 said:

Complaining about package art of Godzilla when the movie posters of the first in this Legendary series had him literally the size of San Francisco...:lol: :good:

No different when fandom went apesh*t about the JJ-Trek Enterprise a decade ago.

Edited by TehPW
I can types...?

Kong grew, I can believe that, but Godzilla has shrunk if we are to believe that image.  In the first movie, you get a good sense of scale as Godzilla passed right under a Nimitz class.  To believe that it can now stand on the deck of the same carrier would mean this is either a different Godzilla or we have a mega sized super Nimitz class.

Ya , Godzilla should be massively larger. But that's ok. There's some scaling liberties being taken in order to bring us such an awesome smack down fight. I prefer Godzilla. But i think Kong is the favored to win. 

6 hours ago, Bolt said:

Ya , Godzilla should be massively larger. But that's ok. There's some scaling liberties being taken in order to bring us such an awesome smack down fight. I prefer Godzilla. But i think Kong is the favored to win. 

Just like the original nobody is going to "win".  Somebody said another monster will show up and Kong and Godzilla will tag team on it.

10 hours ago, Dynaman said:

Just like the original nobody is going to "win".

What, like Alien vs. Predator?  ;)

10 hours ago, Dynaman said:

Somebody said another monster will show up and Kong and Godzilla will tag team on it.

What, like Batman v Superman?  :p

• 5 months later...

Can't wait, this is absolutely the main WB movie I am looking forward to checking out on HBOMax. I'm a total Gozilla fanboy, loved G2014 and KotM as well, King Kong vs Godzilla was one of the few VHS tapes I wore out to the point it would no longer play, until I got a little showa VHS box set for my 8th birthday, then I wore that tape out too. 

On 1/20/2021 at 1:59 PM, Tking22 said:

Can't wait, this is absolutely the main WB movie I am looking forward to checking out on HBOMax. I'm a total Gozilla fanboy, loved G2014 and KotM as well, King Kong vs Godzilla was one of the few VHS tapes I wore out to the point it would no longer play, until I got a little showa VHS box set for my 8th birthday, then I wore that tape out too. 

Lucky for you there is a ton of classic Godzilla movies on HBOMax.

I'll go out on a limb that we'll see KONG beat Godzilla to a pulp but Godzilla will say 'Save Mothra' and they'll team up to fight a mutual enemy :ph34r:

That being said this film looks to be more in the line with KOTM than the stand alone films and does look like good fun. I'll watch it first on HBO Max and if I really enjoy it I'll see it again in the theater.

Stupid, stupid, stupid. Too many humans....with stories. I DON"T CARE!

And in what universe would Kong stand a chance vs Godzilla????? Let's be real. Godzilla would turn Kong into a pile of ash from a mile away, turn around, and wander back into the ocean. This is just as dumb as Batman v Superman. Superman flies at mach 10 into Batman and turns him into vapor. Movie over. This is the only Godzilla movie I will not be watching. Thanks for ruining another great IP Holyweird.

To be fair, the last one wasn't that great either.

I'm disappointed. Godzilla is one of my favorite IP's.

15 minutes ago, CoryHolmes said:

I really loved Godzilla, haven't seen KOTM or any of the Kong movies.

The Kong one was decent.  KotM is on of the few (2 exactly) films I walked out of the theater on.  So in a sense you could say I didn't see it but apparently nobody got to see much of Godzilla in that one since all his scenes were shot in murky vision.  The human characters, forgettable would have been a step up.  OK, MUCH more than just a step.

4 minutes ago, Dynaman said:

The Kong one was decent.  KotM is on of the few (2 exactly) films I walked out of the theater on.  So in a sense you could say I didn't see it but apparently nobody got to see much of Godzilla in that one since all his scenes were shot in murky vision.  The human characters, forgettable would have been a step up.  OK, MUCH more than just a step.

I wish I COULD forget the human characters from KoTM, that mother irritates me so damn much!

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

And in what universe would Kong stand a chance vs Godzilla????? Let's be real. Godzilla would turn Kong into a pile of ash from a mile away, turn around, and wander back into the ocean. This is just as dumb as Batman v Superman. Superman flies at mach 10 into Batman and turns him into vapor. Movie over.

As we've seen in the previous two films Godzilla's atomic breath isn't anywhere near as strong as the Japanese Toho films. Ghidorah and the MUTO took multiple blasts without vaporizing, they honestly shrugged them off pretty easily. Also, he can't use it often, it's a trump card, and Kong is fast and more agile. Maybe watch the film? Seems silly to count it out already and call it franchise ruined, you're already suspending belief watching any film about kaiju. Also Superman doesn't kill, as stupid as that film was, Superman obviously just entertained Batfleck's nonsense without really hurting him.

Looks fantastic to me, I loved Skull Island, and both Legendary Godzilla films to varying degrees. I've got HBO Max so I'm absolutely watching it multiple times, and I'll be grabbing it on 4K when I can. I'm excited to see the eventual Monsterarts Kong figure.

6 hours ago, Tking22 said:

As we've seen in the previous two films Godzilla's atomic breath isn't anywhere near as strong as the Japanese Toho films. Ghidorah and the MUTO took multiple blasts without vaporizing, they honestly shrugged them off pretty easily. Also, he can't use it often, it's a trump card, and Kong is fast and more agile. Maybe watch the film? Seems silly to count it out already and call it franchise ruined, you're already suspending belief watching any film about kaiju. Also Superman doesn't kill, as stupid as that film was, Superman obviously just entertained Batfleck's nonsense without really hurting him.

Looks fantastic to me, I loved Skull Island, and both Legendary Godzilla films to varying degrees. I've got HBO Max so I'm absolutely watching it multiple times, and I'll be grabbing it on 4K when I can. I'm excited to see the eventual Monsterarts Kong figure.

Point taken about suspending belief.:hi:

One point about Ghidorah and the MUTO taking the atomic breath. We don't have a understanding of their biology, specifically their skin, and their defense against atomic breath. Kong is a big Gorilla. I would assume that he has the skin of a big gorilla. Not a good defense against fire. Let alone atomic breath.

I get irked when movies scale powers for the sake of making a story line work (Scarlet Witch for example). It looks like that's what Godzilla has going on. And letteral scaling Godzilla on top of that.

Between the last movie being over people'd and therefore rather disappointing and what I'm seeing out of this one so far I don't have high hopes. I really want to have high hopes. Godzilla means a lot to me. I used to watch it with my Mom when I was a little kid and my Mom and I have seen all of the modern movies together too. If the quality drops much more than the last movie it's going to be a real blow to tradition for me and my Mom.

10 hours ago, sqidd said:

Stupid, stupid, stupid. Too many humans....with stories. I DON"T CARE!

And in what universe would Kong stand a chance vs Godzilla????? Let's be real. Godzilla would turn Kong into a pile of ash from a mile away, turn around, and wander back into the ocean. This is just as dumb as Batman v Superman. Superman flies at mach 10 into Batman and turns him into vapor. Movie over. This is the only Godzilla movie I will not be watching. Thanks for ruining another great IP Holyweird.

To be fair, the last one wasn't that great either.

I'm disappointed. Godzilla is one of my favorite IP's.

You know there was already a King Kong versus Godzilla movie before this, right?

I watched the original. It was a draw. (Mostly)  Kong swimming off back to his island . I think Mecha Godzilla is a given and I'm cool with that. And i do hope Ghidora is regenerated. This would be an epic 4 way titan battle , indeed. I do agree that Kong would never be the same scale as Godzilla ( I didn't really think about when i was a kid) but , again, I don't mind. I've been happy enough with both franchise' so far and now it's the inevitable mix of chocolate and peanut butter.

Why is Kong so huge?  Is there enough food on his island to keep him alive?  Come to think of it, same goes for the other ridiculously large monsters.  I suppose Godzilla can eat up Earth's supply of sea food for a few years....;)

To be honest, I never cared for any of the awful Japanese Godzilla movies or reboots...these new movies have not changed my opinion.  That Kong Skull Island movie put me to sleep.....tried to get through it recently using my free HBO Max subscription, which just ran out over the weekend...

HBO Max, can't say I'll miss you but....

a3885636058_10.jpg