1 hour ago, peter said:

Doesn't look like it has much comedy in it, maybe Paul Rudd will bring that to the table, he can be a pretty funny dude, but the tone of the trailer didn't scream comedy to me.

To be fair about it though, I never considered the original a comedy.  Sure it had some funny lines in it, but I don't really consider it an out right comedy like SpaceBalls

3 hours ago, Mommar said:

How did you discern that?

Equipment, uniforms, state of the car, quotes. It's all first movie specific. There's zero hint of GB 2 there. Plus, if Egon had a daughter reasonably old enough to have the kid from Stranger Things as a son, it'd have to happen much closer to the end of GB 1 than after 2 (you'll note I said "reasonably old enough.")

5 minutes ago, Keith said:

Equipment, uniforms, state of the car, quotes. It's all first movie specific. There's zero hint of GB 2 there. Plus, if Egon had a daughter reasonably old enough to have the kid from Stranger Things as a son, it'd have to happen much closer to the end of GB 1 than after 2 (you'll note I said "reasonably old enough.")

How old is that kid?

8 hours ago, Big s said:

I’m very iffy on this one. I don’t mind the idea of passing the torch to a new generation, but I was hoping for people at least old enough to legally drive.

Maybe Paul Rudd's character will feature into that too?  And if the kid playing Egon's Grandson is 16 he is old enough to drive and nearly old enough to be an adult so that will work alright.

Any guesses when we'll see Grandma Jeanine?  You know she's the Grandma.

50 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Maybe Paul Rudd's character will feature into that too?  And if the kid playing Egon's Grandson is 16 he is old enough to drive and nearly old enough to be an adult so that will work alright.

Any guesses when we'll see Grandma Jeanine?  You know she's the Grandma.

Annie Potts...apparently she's in this film

Like the trailer! It had a few humorous moments, but it is just the first trailer with a definite mysterious aire to it. If there is a level of comedy in this, they may showcase that in the second or third.  And even if this is more like Stranger Things meets the Goonies with an homage/flare of Ghostbusters, then I'll still be happy. I love all of them anyway!

Oh, and there's the small details...

https://www.looper.com/178290/small-details-you-missed-in-the-ghostbusters-afterlife-trailer/

Shandor Mining Co... :D

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...