N-Y thread - help, complain, rejoice....meh

On 12/12/2020 at 3:39 PM, Hoyanader said:

Omg.... didn't expect that this site was a scam.

In my case I paid with my Mastercard. Is there anything that I can do??

If so how can I open a dispute with my bank??

Just give them a call. Mine was only too happy to help.

On 12/12/2020 at 12:39 AM, Hoyanader said:

Omg.... didn't expect that this site was a scam.

In my case I paid with my Mastercard. Is there anything that I can do??

If so how can I open a dispute with my bank??

What did you order and how long was it ago?

I guess I'm pretty screwed now. Payment is now over a year ago, and despite being offered to upgrade to EMS, and topping up to do so, they have not even bothered to ship my stuff out at all.

How responsive are they if I file a refund ticket? Because they have been relatively slow to non responsive to tickets so far, and the chat support is just useless at this point.

2 hours ago, SaitouSad said:

I guess I'm pretty screwed now. Payment is now over a year ago, and despite being offered to upgrade to EMS, and topping up to do so, they have not even bothered to ship my stuff out at all.

How responsive are they if I file a refund ticket? Because they have been relatively slow to non responsive to tickets so far, and the chat support is just useless at this point.

Raise a ticket, give them a timeframe. Follow it up once then go through your bank.

On 12/17/2020 at 8:05 PM, SaitouSad said:

File a chargeback with your CC asap.

On 12/18/2020 at 2:12 PM, drumondo said:

Raise a ticket, give them a timeframe. Follow it up once then go through your bank.

4 hours ago, SIAQ said:

File a chargeback with your CC asap.

I've already tried this sometime back. My bank said it was too long ago for them to do anything.

2 hours ago, SaitouSad said:

I've already tried this sometime back. My bank said it was too long ago for them to do anything.

Are you located in the US?  Mine got refunded even if the transaction was already more than a year old.

Sent them a ticket to see if I can upgrade shipping on my 1 SSP order I have with them. Fully expect them to either not respond or pull the store credit move. Either case I'll escalate from there. Real shame to see this shop go from an ok last resort to flat out scam.

my fast pack order for DYRL SSP I am just assuming is lost for good since the order was from 6/2019.

I have 3 other orders for tv SSP and some gundam stuff , and if I see no movement on these in the next two weeks I am going to file paypal claims for all 3 as 1/25 is the 180 day limit.

Every other vendor has been able to ship in a timely manner for boat-mail so there's really no excuse for NY

gar.png

Edited by Duymon

I thought I would give an update on my DX Chogokin VF-1S Super Parts (movie version) pre-order experience thru Nippon-Yasan....

June 6, 2019:  Pre-order placed and paid for.

November 29. 2019:  Receive email saying release date changed from December 31, 2019 to December 23, 2019.

December 25, 2019:  Receive email saying release date changed from December 23, 2019 to April 30, 2020.

September 2, 2020:  I opened a support ticket, inquiring the status of my order.  No response received to said ticket.

September 6. 2020:  Receive email saying order "preparation in progress".

September 22, 2020:  Receive another email saying order "preparation in progress".

December 13, 2020:  I opened another support ticket inquiring the status of my order.  Still no response received to said ticket.

At this point, I assume that Nippon-Yasan stole my money and is ghosting me. *sigh*

I personally consider them blacklisted and plan on never using them again.  I would add a post in the MWF blacklist thread, but was not sure if that would be considered appropriate or not.

Buyer BEWARE of Nippon-Yasan.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

NY shipped my gundam orders that had a 12/23 release date, but my tv ssp order remains in "preorder payment ok" stage

Feels like NY is messing up again and I fully expect to file paypal dispute if i see no movement after New Years 

• 2 weeks later...

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice... Shame on me. 

I think I'm going to settle for store credit, use it immediately, then never go to their website again.

Edited by jenius
3 minutes ago, jenius said:

I think I'm going to settle for store credit, use it immediately, then never go to their website again.

I can't even cancel my order to get store credit from NY, because they don't respond to the support tickets I create at all.

It’s a shame. I caught on to NY early in the game and use to never have problems with preorder madness at first.  And for the most part they have been good to me but I think I’m done with them. 

Just hitting the 180 day limit on the backup Roy I tried to purchase with them, so filed a Paypal dispute.  Will see what happens. 

I'm not worried about not receiving it, since I managed to get a second after the fact, but forwarded Paypal screenshots of all the tickets I've submitted to them about arranging shipping.  They straight up closed my first ticket as resolved with no response.

Edit:  Heh.. I might have been too late actually, looking like it got auto-closed by Paypal.  Probably a day or two over the limit, since looks like it was exactly six months.  Maybe NY will still get the notification of the dispute being filed?

Guess I get to spam them with tickets again. :p 

Edited by Chronocidal

I have about 2 more weeks on my TV Super order according to Paypal.

Made a tkt with NY demanding update on why all my other 12/23 items have shipped but silence on my Supers for 2 weeks.

Already said I will file PP claim in 7 days. Most likely I will be filing a PP claim and forever dumping NY in favor of P-Bandai for all my gundam needs while sourcing Macross from other places.

Have you all tried the recommendation I made awhile ago?

1. I would copy your ticket number after 48 hours has passed.
  2. Go to the online chat. There's a place for you to input your ticket number.
  3. Start a chat.
  4. When the rep attends to you, simply tell them your ticket has not been addressed in over 48 hours and you would like them to escalate it for you

They internally escalate it and usually a response is given on your ticket the same day. Now, whether you get the response you need or want is another story altogether. But that's how I successfully got my damn store credit issued finally.

40 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Have you all tried the recommendation I made awhile ago?

1. I would copy your ticket number after 48 hours has passed.
  2. Go to the online chat. There's a place for you to input your ticket number.
  3. Start a chat.
  4. When the rep attends to you, simply tell them your ticket has not been addressed in over 48 hours and you would like them to escalate it for you

They internally escalate it and usually a response is given on your ticket the same day. Now, whether you get the response you need or want is another story altogether. But that's how I successfully got my damn store credit issued finally.

NY no longer does online chat.

My friend told me about his experience with Nippon-Yasan regarding his POs, I thought share his experience so that it might help others here.

He had PO'd a few things from them 1 of them being a VF-1S (he paid the marked up price).  Before the release of the VF-1S he contacted NY to upgrade the shipping to UPS Express Saver since he selected EMS initially (upgrading before the release date to help speed up the shipping process).  NY replied to him with the cost for UPS Express Saver and he paid the additional cost.  Fast forward to release day, he contacted NY (via ticketing system) to get a status on his order and no reply for a week.  The PayPal 180 days was about to expire, I advised him that he should go back into the NY ticketing system communication regarding his orders, order summary page and each individual order pages and save them as a PDFs so he would have documentation to  give to Paypal. My friend saved everything I suggested and contacted PayPal to log his dispute, and provide them with the documentation.  Fast forward again to 2 weeks later, NY did not respond to the PayPal inquiry, he got his money back for the VF-1S order and the upgraded shipping fee.

Yeah, I missed the deadline by a couple of days, and Paypal just rejected the claim outright, even with all the documentation you mentioned.  My own fault, I'm not going to blame them, but I'm stuck playing the waiting game until they get around to ever answering tickets.

If they ask for an upcharge to ship, I'm going to straight up send them a copy of my shipping total receipt from my Ami Ami order and tell them to stuff it, since I've already paid more than that cost to them.  I've got nothing to lose by holding out until EMS is available again, really.

Edited by Chronocidal

I just had an online chat too.  Trying to find out what's up with my Kakizaki since I'm way past the PayPal dispute period.  I even upgraded shipping to UPS.  Chat person said Kakizaki would ship when it was released so I pointed out hat it was released in August so supposedly they're forwarding my issue to their fulfillment team.  I'm pretty much at their mercy it seems...

1 hour ago, eXis10z said:

What do you mean? I can still see the live chat pop up on the bottom right of my screen.

Shizuka was probably checking on mobile where it's not an option.

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Shizuka was probably checking on mobile where it's not an option.

I'm thinking this might be more a statement of them just not answering when you try it, but I don't know.  I haven't felt like running in circles with them myself.

18 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Yeah, I missed the deadline by a couple of days, and Paypal just rejected the claim outright, even with all the documentation you mentioned.  My own fault, I'm not going to blame them, but I'm stuck playing the waiting game until they get around to ever answering tickets.

If they ask for an upcharge to ship, I'm going to straight up send them a copy of my shipping total receipt from my Ami Ami order and tell them to stuff it, since I've already paid more than that cost to them.  I've got nothing to lose by holding out until EMS is available again, really.

@Chronocidal sorry to hear that.  I hope everything works out for you! 

On 1/5/2021 at 4:43 PM, jenius said:

Careful about that.

I got screwed on my SS parts as well. When they finally responded to me and only offered store credit I decided to buy a VF-27 since it was in stock and the credit amount was about half the cost of the new toy. That was Nov. 25. They still have not shipped the damn thing even though I selected Ferry as the shipping. A service they say they still can use for N. America. I have sent a ticket about the delay and haven’t received a response. I just sent them a cancellation request and opened a dispute with PayPal. Giving store credit is useless as they still have your money and don’t seem to have any intention of shipping ANYTHING even if it shows in stock, like the VF-27. I use to like this store even with their shady mark up schemes on preorder, but at least they would come through. Now they are just straight up thieves.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

I have about $400 in credit and the same in pending orders with NY. I’ve sent tickets and absolutely nothing happens. Total bullshit 

So.... I contacted Nippon-Yasan customer support via their website's online chat 4 days ago regarding my order.

I was told to wait 24 - 48 hours for an email response for their higher-level support.

2 days passed, no response from N-Y.

I contacted the online chat support a second time.

Again, I was told to wait another 24 - 48 hours to hear back.

2 more days pass, still no response from N-Y.

I contacted online chat support a third time.

All they did was tell me to wait another 24 - 48 hours.

*sigh*   

I can only see Nippon-Yasan as a crooked operation in my eyes at this point. 

I have support tickets that I opened several months ago that have gone unanswered. 

Well, I am confident I will never see the 11,100 yen I paid for my pre-order ever again.  It is lost forever.

Do not buy from these guys.  NEVER EVER!

I learned my lesson,

Dr. Shizuka the Cat, Ph.D.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat