N-Y thread - help, complain, rejoice....meh

2 hours ago, Draykov said:

You're asking me a question I don't have an answer to, or you're asking rhetorically.  But this is the message I received a couple of days ago (even though orders were placed back in March or sooner): 

Long story short, I guess I ordered enough to be thrown exactly one bone.  But no indication on when the paid order that they will hypothetically honor will ship.  It hasn't yet despite an advertised street date of 04/30/2020.  I realize there is a pandemic and delays, and NY isn't the only shop I've ordered from that had some issue as a result of that, but taking all of that money just to say "oopsy" and limply offer store credit as consolation is not going to fly.  If my greatest risk is that they cancel any other pending orders I have, I think I will recover.  

This is the kind of shady crap that NY do which is exactly why I won't accept their store credit for.

43 minutes ago, HG Blows said:

So, is everyone who got a cancellation on their ssp orders the result of existing tickets, or did they just drop it on you out of the blue?  

I'm curious about this too. I sent them an inquiry about my order almost 3 weeks ago and never got any kind of response.  I'm going to try again and see what happens. 

15 hours ago, HG Blows said:

So, is everyone who got a cancellation on their ssp orders the result of existing tickets, or did they just drop it on you out of the blue?  

I have had several support tickets over the 7 months my various orders have been pending, but the news about cancelling 2 of my 3 orders for SSPs was unexpected for me.  

Rejoicing is still allowed in this thread, right? I mean, it is in the thread title...

H2RbrS7.jpg

EFp8bUL.jpg

Nippon-Yasan always delivers! Nippon-Yasan will come through for each and every one of you! You need only have faith in Nippon-Yasan's boundless ability to fulfill its orders, and all that you have ordered will be delivered unto you! Remember the Kairos debacle - all who were patient and nurtured their faith received what they were promised! Blessed are those who can maintain their faith in Nippon-Yasan in these trying times!

Okay, now that the shilling is out of the way, here's what really happened:

You would think this story started when I ordered my SSPs, but in actuality it started on June 3rd, the night of VF-1S Hikaru pre-order madness. Like most here I missed the MSRP offering, but it quickly came back at an inflated price. I tried and tried to buy one but my order would not go through. Later, the site became more responsive and I was able to get my order in. But then I received notification that my earlier attempts had also resulted in an order. I'm not sure why, but I decided to pay for it too. I think even as I submitted my payment information, I planned to sell it at cost to another MWer here.

Thus, on June 7th, when orders opened up for the SSPs, I decided to order two sets. After all, I had two Valkyries coming - shouldn't I get a set for each? Never mind that I was more likely than not to sell the extra Valkyrie. In retrospect, I should not have paid for the second VF-1S, and I should not have ordered two SSP sets. But that's what happened.

Then we found out that N-Y wouldn't be shipping out any SSPs from the January batch. Then the pandemic hit. Then EMS between the Japan and the US shut down. People who created tickets were told they had to either downgrade or upgrade if they'd chosen EMS as their shipping method, as I had. I was a bit curious just how bad N-Y customer service would prove to be - would they sit on my items until the pandemic passed and EMS was reinstated? Would they reach out proactively and ask how I wanted to deal with the situation? The result was that it wasn't until July 1st that I sent them a ticket of type "Shipping status inquiry". I wrote:

Good morning,

I'd like to check the status of order 7036##. Is it ready to ship, and only stuck because I paid for EMS and EMS is not in service between Japan and the US currently?

If so, what are my options? How much each option cost or credit me?

Thanks,
Mike

On July 7th, they wrote back:

Thank you for your message

To your country we can ship by Ferry & UPS

Here the extra to pay
Ferry refund 2150 yen
UPS saver 4869 yen

Please don't hesitate to send another message if you need anything else.

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.com
Customer Service

On July 8th, I wrote back:

Thanks for your response.

Is there any chance I could cancel one of the two items in this order, and then use the resulting store credit to pay for an upgrade to UPS saver?

If that is not possible, how should I make the payment for the upgrade to UPS saver?

In either case, will there be an expiration date on the store credit?

Thanks,
Mike

My second VF-1S had long ago been sold, so there was no reason for me to get two SSP sets anyway. Unfortunately, this message was never answered. I sent it again on August 12th and also did not receive a reply. On September 3rd, I opened a new ticket of type "Change shipping speed". The contents were:

Good morning,

Would it be possible to switch the shipping speed for this order to UPS?

Could you provide an estimate of arrival time if I do so?

Finally, would it be possible for me to cancel one of the two items in this order, and apply funds from the refund towards a shipping speed upgrade to UPS?

Thanks,
Mike

The same day, they responded with this:

Hello

Thank you for your message

Sure we can do that.

A shipment by UPS saver for one Super Parts it's 6485 yen

In total you paid 22900 yen

One super parts paid is 9200 yen

So 9200 + 6485 = 15685 yen

22900- 15685 yen = 7215 yen

Please find a voucher code of 7215 yen

In my side i will push my team to ship your order in priority , (surely next week)

Please don't hesitate to send another message if you need anything else.

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.com
Customer Service

And then on Monday I got my tracking number.

This raises so many questions for me. They've been cancelling other people's orders and saying they don't have stock to fulfill them. Yet, the speed with which they were able to fulfill my reduced order implies they're sitting on at least a few of these. I can only imagine that anyone in this thread who had an order cancelled might be downright angry that they sent me mine while cancelling theirs, but I thought it would be important to share my story. Trolling at the start aside, my intention is not to defend Nippon-Yasan by sharing this experience. Obviously I'm relieved to finally have my item, but I'm pretty disappointed at how they handled the January/April order split, the pandemic, and finally how it seems they weren't able to deliver for many members here.

Yet now I'm stuck with 7,215 yen of N-Y money...

Edited by MikeRoz

From what I gather, it seems they had lesser pieces than order received so they sat on these and shipped out those who upgraded to the more expensive UPS first. It didn't matter who ordered first or who was in the Dec/April batch. It's who upgraded first whom got the SSPs. The rest of us who chose not to upgrade are then screwed.

Trying to get an explanation from them feels like being a kid again.

"Can I go to little Johnny's birthday party?"

"No."

"Why?"

"Because"

"Because why?"

"Because is said so."

"That doesn't explain why."

"Go to your room!"

I'm currently at the "Because why?" with N-Y.

I'm genuinely curious about the details involved there, in terms of when you ordered/received them, and what your original shipping method was.  Did they actually send you the order before the pandemic started, or without having to request any changes to shipping?

Edited by Chronocidal

Just an update on my SSP situation. Seeing as how 2 members here recently received their SSP I dropped NY another ticket and use the live chat support to hasten the procedure. Long story short they said they are not able to fulfill my order of 2 x SSPs, however they will be able to send it out if it was 1 x SSP. So from not being able to fulfill due to no stock, they can now send 1 x SSP over. :angry:

To cut my losses I requested them to cancel 1 piece from the order and send the remaining 1 over, which they amended my order quicker than I could eat a burger. According to csv they'll proceed with shipping between this week and next  The rest will be refunded in credits which mindbogglingly cannot be used to offset shipping. :angry: That's right. The refunded credits consisted of the intial price of item + shipping, but now I cannot used them to offset shipping for new orders. Flipping fracking burgers. Had to bug them once more via live chat to split the credits into 2 so I could offset my new purchases and PAY FOR SHIPPING AGAIN! :angry:

So use the live chat if you want quicker response guys! And use "Super Parts" for your ticket title!

I have the exact same situation.

Ordered 2 and from "no stock" becomes "we can send only one ssp"

Now i'm gonna wait and see if it really shows up at my door in the next week or two. Then i will pester them for the remaining set again and again and again.

I opened a PayPal dispute for my Kakizaki through NY. They haven't responded to my tickets, and the Super/Strike Parts fiasco dragged on for 14 months. Had to take store credit for it. This time I want PayPal's help before the 180 day window is over. Refund for me and a banning from the store. I don't care - will definitely never shop at NY again

NY told me no refund because the refund window has expired.  Like it's a preorder.  You wait for the release date when they'll get their stock.  I'm suppose to cancel before they're released?   They are the ones who messed up and was unable to meet their orders.  Why should take the hit for their failure?

I've started the charge-back process with my CC company.  Never been happier to burn a bridge.  Offering 1 SSP and store credit for a bunch of (overpriced) stuff that I don't want was nowhere good enough, given how long this has taken.

I'll update once the dust has settle (could take over 50 days), but right now they are going to credit my account and do an investigation.

i wonder if their stock of all Bandai Macross items got affected by their supplier supposedly not being able to fulfill their orders. I'm still waiting on an HMR VF-4 I preordered October last year and was released in February. I submitted a ticket for that order too.

After this debacle, I don't see why anyone would ever want to buy from them again. This is beyond ridiculous. 

Decided to open a Pay-Pal auto-complaint.  We'll send your dispute to the seller.  I get an instant auto answer back from Pay-Pal this time to dispute has expired so not our problem.  Guess this will make NY mad at me for trying to go to Pay-Pal.   What can they do?  Close my account and keep my money?

Is there a Japanese version of Yelp?

Has anyone successfully got a refund from their credit card company after making a dispute?  I have also filed a dispute with my credit card company as well and they're going to investigate it.  I ordered 4x of the SSP(2 separate orders) and they're going to ship 2x(status preparation in progress) and give me a store credit for the other 2x.  I told my credit card company to dispute both orders as I doubt they will ship the first 2x SSP.

12 hours ago, SIAQ said:

Has anyone successfully got a refund from their credit card company after making a dispute?  I have also filed a dispute with my credit card company as well and they're going to investigate it.  I ordered 4x of the SSP(2 separate orders) and they're going to ship 2x(status preparation in progress) and give me a store credit for the other 2x.  I told my credit card company to dispute both orders as I doubt they will ship the first 2x SSP.

I opened a new ticket with NY after I learned of my cancelled orders and store credit "refund" - basically to tell them "no merch, no money...that's my policy."    Today, I noted that the ticket was closed/marked "resolved" presumably with no attempt to contact me or explain the situation.  Nothing in my email inbox, nothing in their ticketing system to explain anything.  Just "F this guy, we got his money" seemed to be the attitude.  So, I attempted to open a dispute with PayPal on two transactions/orders.  Both disputes were over 180 days old (Feb. 25 and Mar. 2 were the pre-order dates).  I assume that's why both disputes were summarily dismissed by PayPal.  So, with that, I've gone to my credit card company to dispute the two charges there.  Both cases are pending, but the status for the two orders with NY that formerly read "refund" now read "Dispute - Chargeback."   

Edited by Draykov
grammatical correction
9 hours ago, Draykov said:

I opened a new ticket with NY after I learned of my cancelled orders and store credit "refund" - basically to tell them "no merch, no money...that's my policy."    Today, I noted that the ticket was closed/marked "resolved" presumably with no attempt to contact me or explain the situation.  Nothing in my email inbox, nothing in their ticketing system to explain anything.  Just "F this guy, we got his money" seemed to be the attitude.  So, I attempted to open a dispute with PayPal on two transactions/orders.  Both disputes were over 180 days old (Feb. 25 and Mar. 2 were the pre-order dates).  I assume that's why both disputes were summarily dismissed by PayPal.  So, with that, I've gone to my credit card company to dispute the two charges there.  Both cases are pending, but the status for the two orders with NY that formerly read "refund" now read "Dispute - Chargeback."   

Mine were ordered last year of June so I'm just hoping my credit card company will still accept my dispute even if the transactions were already more than a year old.

On 9/18/2020 at 3:58 PM, totallyjem said:

Although I did eventually get my order after over a year, after seeing how they are treating everyone else in the thread, I've requested to cancel my pre-order of 1xtv super parts and wont be using this store anymore. 

They said they processed my cancellation and will refund my money within 2 weeks on the tv supers preorder. Hopefully I can snag a couple here after release...maybe w a max or roy???? (I hope).

Edited by totallyjem
On 9/23/2020 at 11:47 PM, Draykov said:

I looked at my tickets the other day and i noticed this marked them all as resolved. Unbelievable. Who resolves a ticket with no contact what so ever. These guys deserve to go out of business. I will never order from them again. They were never great but i tolerate them because of their pay later options and they came through. I don't know how they can't come through on pay to order model. If they did get cut off, that money they took in should have been returned to them and to us immediately.

For the 2nd time ever (out of 8 orders total), I have actually received merchandise from NY.  Order included:

• 1 DX VF-1S Hikaru
  • 1 DX missile set

Ordered:  02/18/2020
Shipped:  07/22/2020 (via JP Post International Ferry)
Arrived:   09/28/2020 

tenor.gif?itemid=4610907

Edited by Draykov

NY responded to my request to cancel my preorder for TV FAST Packs and has agreed to refund me. I cited the fact that they couldn't fulfill orders for the Super/Strike Parts so why will this be any different.

They are still ignoring my messages about the DX Kakizaki and my pending PayPal dispute/chargeback.

It has been a frustrating process with slow ticket updates after almost daily chat follow ups. It almost seems like the chats are bots with their canned responses! 

Hopeful that the super strike parts will arrive intact this Thursday OK after upgrading to the UPS express saver option NY offered me after initially saying changing the shipping wouldn't help. 

It was still a shock when I got the shipped update so quickly after payment...and a chat proding... 

20200928_230705.jpg

NY excuse now is that Paypal won't let them make a refund because Paypal's timeframe has expired.  There's a few problems with this excuse.  NY told us of the new release date that would have gone pass Paypal's timeframe.  NY gave us a reason to keep waiting. The even bigger reason why blaming Paypal isn't a real excuse is that Paypal doesn't own NY.  They might be unable to click the refund button on our specific transactions but NY can check with their accounting department and send refunds to the email addresses of all their customers.