N-Y thread - help, complain, rejoice....meh

5 hours ago, sqidd said:

Did @Slave IV stop working at NY? I don't see him posting.

Haha:lol: Nothing much to say here. I think the complaints are valid. FWIW, I already have my SSP and Missiles from FJ but I did order extra from NY and I don't think they shipped yet. I waited until last min to order so if there is any basis of when orders were placed, I'm near the end of the line.

One thing I will say is that I'm kind of glad NY is willing to be an extended private warehouse for me. My storage is bursting at the seams so if they want to help store my stuff for free, be my guest and thank you!:D

7 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Haha:lol: Nothing much to say here. I think the complaints are valid. FWIW, I already have my SSP and Missiles from FJ but I did order extra from NY and I don't think they shipped yet. I waited until last min to order so if there is any basis of when orders were placed, I'm near the end of the line.

One thing I will say is that I'm kind of glad NY is willing to be an extended private warehouse for me. My storage is bursting at the seams so if they want to help store my stuff for free, be my guest and thank you!:D

Always so positive.:wub:

Whatever you're smoking.....I want some!:p

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Always so positive.:wub:

Whatever you're smoking.....I want some!:p

Hey, I'm in this for the fun of it. If I let anything to do with toys frustrate me, why bother because there is plenty else in the world I can turn to for that for free?

I don't smoke much anymore but anytime you are in the area, LMK because I can guarantee I can get you the best stuff available anywhere.:D

7 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Hey, I'm in this for the fun of it. If I let anything to do with toys frustrate me, why bother because there is plenty else in the world I can turn to for that for free?

I don't smoke much anymore but anytime you are in the area, LMK because I can guarantee I can get you the best stuff available anywhere.:D

I'm a lightweight brother. I don't need the best. I need ditch weed! This newer stuff that comes out of the dispensaries is crazy. All I have to do is walk by it quickly.8P

Have you seen this?:rofl:

3 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I'm a lightweight brother. I don't need the best. I need ditch weed! This newer stuff that comes out of the dispensaries is crazy. All I have to do is walk by it quickly.8P

Have you seen this?:rofl:

Haven't seen it...will check the clip out and maybe add another to the long list of Netflix cues I've also been hoarding.:D

It's been a few days and I have decided to send another ticket to these bunch of whatever-you-want-to-call-them.

And this is the reply:

Hello

Delivery center said we do not have the product for this moment we cannot ship your order

Please don't hesitate to send another message if you need anything else.

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.com
Customer Service

DO NOT HAVE THE PRODUCT?! Are they f*cking serious??

1 hour ago, Toonz said:

It's been a few days and I have decided to send another ticket to these bunch of whatever-you-want-to-call-them.

And this is the reply:

Hello

Delivery center said we do not have the product for this moment we cannot ship your order

Please don't hesitate to send another message if you need anything else.

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.com
Customer Service

DO NOT HAVE THE PRODUCT?! Are they f*cking serious

Can I ask what product?  And was it in order preparation prior to your email?

51 minutes ago, ps99042 said:

Can I ask what product?  And was it in order preparation prior to your email?

dx ssp set (2 sets)

it was normal mail, then upgraded to EMS, then i receive "preparation" email, then fail to deliver, then now this...

3 hours ago, Toonz said:

dx ssp set (2 sets)

it was normal mail, then upgraded to EMS, then i receive "preparation" email, then fail to deliver, then now this...

Hey look on the bright side. They’re willing to hold the non-existent product in your very own virtual private warehouse indefinitely. Amazing!

On 8/27/2020 at 4:21 PM, jenius said:

NY informed me they will likely never fill my super parts order and asked me to accept a store credit. So... Prepaid a made to order item and got nothing.... Surprised they got this bad. Lesson learned.

Damn i guess i won't get mine either. It was the only set i had ordered. I guess they don't always come through like someone on these boards like to say.

I was in the first batch of orders. Did the people in the second batch of orders get theirs? If so that is some BS.

9 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Hey look on the bright side. They’re willing to hold the non-existent product in your very own virtual private warehouse indefinitely. Amazing!

LOL!

14 hours ago, Sandman said:

Damn i guess i won't get mine either. It was the only set i had ordered. I guess they don't always come through like someone on these boards like to say.

I was in the first batch of orders. Did the people in the second batch of orders get theirs? If so that is some BS.

I had an order from the 1st and 2nd batch and got neither. I'm guessing there's a chance someone from the 2nd batch got there's but I would think that was more likely due to how badly NY operates. In the chaos they skipped over some 1st batch orders and/or as someone else mentioned - NY  were giving priority to orders that were in smaller quantities/fastest shipping method and not fulfilling orders chronologically.

I came to the conclusion a few weeks ago that they grossly over extended themselves on this one and I would never get my orders.

Edited by Vertex

We can't fulfill your order so here's a refund as store credit.  We can't do a proper refund.

Now trying to get my money back in cash.  The money should still be there.  Unless they already spent the money which I'm pretty sure most countries might be illegal.

8 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

NY cancelled two of my SSP orders and issued store credit. Still no movement on the order they left open. 

damn...i'm worried for mine too in that case?

r we able to do anything for this matter? I am so going to burn the bridge with NY

Also got the "we can't fulfill your order" from NY.  Yeah, I'm done with these idiots.  Of course, they are only offering store credit (and 1 SSP).  Still not sure what I even want to do, as there isn't much I want from them of equivalent value.  

I might go to the credit card company and try to fight them for a cash refund, but I'm just tired of dealing with NY.

I will echo the sentiment that this seems like a new low for them.  The "you'll get your product eventually, some day," used to be the silver lining in dealing with them.  Looks like that is gone now.

I don't like this....getting a store credit with a company who takes a year to fulfill an order is not promising.

Ordered my SSP 7Ju19, just one set.  

It looks like they're in MAtsuyama, Shikoku.  I bet it's a super small operation.  If they were up north somewhere, near Niigata, I'd probably try to find a way to visit them in person, but with this pandemic, I probably won't be going to Japan this year, or even next year (I usually go once a year).

Might get the wife to give them a call (they would laugh at my level of Japanese) and see how they treat a local/native speaker.

They really need to get their English speaking staff member to take a peak into this thread.

ETA:

I should add that I did receive the missile pack from them, but those I ordered earlier this year, and I had to pay an extra 300 yen for shipping by boat.

Edited by peter

I bet you after they give everyone store credit they'll magically find 10 sets that they'll charge triple the price for. 

Not delivering product ordered and refusing to refund actual money is a criminal act.

Seems like the translogistic issue earlier this year caught up with NY and possibly mess up their financials as probably a lot of customer affected at that time did PP disputes/chargebacks. Thus it's possible they don't have enough funds to fulfill all orders. Even on other forums, there are still people still waiting/hoping for their items to ship after several months.

As for NY's practice of fulfilling those with multiple items last, it's possible they do so, so less customer will complain/chargeback if they can't fulfill all orders. Let's say they have 4 customers, 3 of those have 1 item ordered each while one has 3 multiple items. NY only have 3 items in hand. If they fulfill the one with 3 items, they can't fulfill the other 3 customers, so there will be complaints/chargebacks from 3 customers. They fulfill the 3 with one item each, and you only have the customer with multiple items doing a chargeback, In case of chargeback, it would be the same amount for both cases, however, they'll only be managing one angry customer, and possibly it looks better having just one customer complaining (to Paypal or CC companies) and just losing the said customer.

Also ordered an SSP from N-Y and fortunately they fulfilled it last July, and that would be my last item from them.

Edited by pafy6285

But they should have the funds.  If customers pay for goods that money should have been set aside to obtain those goods and not used to pay other bills.

2 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

I bet you after they give everyone store credit they'll magically find 10 sets that they'll charge triple the price for. 

Not delivering product ordered and refusing to refund actual money is a criminal act.

It's not a criminal act.

3 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

But they should have the funds.  If customers pay for goods that money should have been set aside to obtain those goods and not used to pay other bills.

Should is a word only used by eternal optimists. That's not a slam in any way shape or form. 

Reality doesn't embrace the word "should". Only "is".

25 minutes ago, sqidd said:

It's not a criminal act.

I think the sentiment is that it feels that way.  Though I agree completely.  I have no ill will with how NY has handled things.  They are doing business the way they choose to and obviously believes it best suits their biz objectives or needs.

I just don't like it and won't actively use them until / unless things change down the road.

If I give you $100 to buy pizza for a pizza party and you come back wearing a brand new pair of shoes and tell me they had no pizza but you give me free coupons saying you'll mow my lawn instead of returning my $100 that's a called theft which is a crime.

1 hour ago, Roy Focker said:

If I give you $100 to buy pizza for a pizza party and you come back wearing a brand new pair of shoes and tell me they had no pizza but you give me free coupons saying you'll mow my lawn instead of returning my $100 that's a called theft which is a crime.

Actually that's called conversion.

What you're doing is using the exception that proves the rule. Do you think for a second that any large company has specific transactions and the money for them earmarked for specific purchases by them? Logistically that's insane. Legally you would never be able to prove a criminal case. Not on this scale. It would have to rise to the level of conspiracy. Conspiracy is difficult to prove. You could sue in civil court because you could prove damages. Except there is that pesky little bit about them being in another country which makes it impossible (on this scale). Even if you had a locked up tight criminal conspiracy case who is going to enforce it? The answer is no one.

I'm cheered up by your iron grip on right and wrong (assuming you hold yourself to the same standard). It's something that is sorely lacking in most people today. But, right and wrong aren't a big factor in the real world. Case in point.

My advice, kick back, put your feet up, and get zen about getting screwed. The world doesn't bend to any of us. The only thing we can do is adjust how we perceive it. Damn, I think I just got all Yoda up in this bad mofo!

On 8/28/2020 at 10:04 PM, Corrinald said:

Same here. I received a full refund from NY in the form of store credit for my 5 SSP that I pre-ordered almost on day one. Glad to sort of have my money back, but I will never pre-order from them again.

On 8/28/2020 at 7:21 AM, jenius said:

NY informed me they will likely never fill my super parts order and asked me to accept a store credit. So... Prepaid a made to order item and got nothing.... Surprised they got this bad. Lesson learned.

On 8/29/2020 at 2:06 AM, spacemanoeuvres said:

Wow, I can't believe I was stupid enough to order six sets from them.  I will have to try and score these on the secondary market which will now cost a lot more.  It's surprising that they would offer a credit.  What the f#ck good is a credit if they can't secure the products you want to begin with?

On 9/8/2020 at 1:39 AM, spacemanoeuvres said:

NY cancelled two of my SSP orders and issued store credit. Still no movement on the order they left open. 

On 9/8/2020 at 3:56 AM, DYRL VF-1S said:

Yeah, the SSP situation is a mess. I wound up having to take store credit as well.

I'm not going to accept store credits. I paid for SSPs and if I don't get these I want my money back. I've gone straight to my credit card bank to dispute that transaction with supporting documents and screenshots. PP can't help since it's over their 180 days limit which they should consider extending imo.

Edited by eXis10z
2 hours ago, eXis10z said:

I'm not going to accept store credits. I paid for SSPs and if I don't get these I want my money back. I've gone straight to my credit card bank to dispute that transaction with supporting documents and screenshots. PP can't help since it's over their 180 days limit which they should consider extending imo.

I've always been curious what PayPal does when you do a chargeback on them. Please keep us informed.

Edited by sqidd

I think it's come time for all of us to "boycott" NY.  They are not providing the goods that we've paid for AND if and when they do its not in an acceptable time frame.  I haven't purchased anything from them since the 31A fiasco and I'm personally are done with their BS.   

6 hours ago, eXis10z said:

Hi, I am also thinking of going straight to my CC company because it's been like a year and 3 months since I placed my order, and they just kept ignoring my tickets asking about it. 

I have a "travel" credit card with no foreign transaction fees, and paid through CC directly instead of paypal.  Did you have to gather screenshots of your tickets with NY to ask for a refund?  Just wanted to make sure I maximize my chances before I go in.  Thanks very much!

Got word a couple of days ago via Nippon Yasan's internal messaging system that 2 separate orders placed in February and March for a total of 4 Bandai DX strike/super sets are getting cancelled and allegedly refunded (excuse me - store credit with a promise to ship 1 of my ordered sets from a third order).   I had invested a mint in that stupid store going back to January of this year.  My track record with NY as of 09/09/2020: 

• JAN 2020      Bandai DX Max VF-1A                                 Shipped/Received MAR 2020
  • FEB 2020       Bandai DX SSP and missile set                   "Pre-order Payment Okay" (not yet shipped)
  • FEB 2020       Bandai Hi-Metal R VF-4G                           "Pre-order Payment Okay" (not yet shipped)
  • FEB 2020       Misc. items including Hi-M R                     "Payment Accepted" (not yet shipped)
  • FEB 2020       Bandai DX Hikaru VF-1S and missile set    Shipped 07/22/2020 via JP International/Ferry (not yet received)
  • FEB 2020       Bandai DX SSP x 2                                       "Refunded" (alleged store credit)
  • FEB 2020       Hi-Metal R VE-1                                           "Payment Accepted" (not yet shipped)
  • MAR 2020     Bandai DX SSP x 2                                        "Refunded" (alleged store credit)

As others have expressed, store credit is hardly satisfying when your orders take almost a year to see any movement if they get honored at all.  Once I figure out how to address the "refunded" orders, I won't be returning as a customer.  As for the SSPs, I'll see what Mandarake can turn up or wait for a re-release.  

Edited by Draykov
adjustments to formatting

Store credit is still theft.  They keep your money without giving what you ordered.  Do you use store credit for something else and pay the difference if it's not enough?  I don't want to give them any more of my money.  Do you order something that within the store credit?  If there's left over balance they still keep it.  With store credit they'll come out ahead no matter what.

Yeah, they seem to be oblivious to the fact that no one actually wants store credit from a store that can't deliver. "Thanks, I'll take cash, so I can buy it from someone who actually fulfills their orders."

To be fair, they probably -do- mention somewhere in the legal mumbo jumbo of their site terms and conditions that you have to agree to take store credit from them if they can't deliver as part of the deal.  Doesn't make it right, but it probably does legally cover their backsides for this sort of thing.

Either way, their reputation is taking a hard hit from this mess, and if this keeps up, I wouldn't be surprised if they stop offering the web exclusives altogether.  CD Japan tried it for a very short time (I think some folks got their missile sets there), but just as quickly stopped even trying to offer those items.

Edited by Chronocidal
13 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Hi, I am also thinking of going straight to my CC company because it's been like a year and 3 months since I placed my order, and they just kept ignoring my tickets asking about it. 

I have a "travel" credit card with no foreign transaction fees, and paid through CC directly instead of paypal.  Did you have to gather screenshots of your tickets with NY to ask for a refund?  Just wanted to make sure I maximize my chances before I go in.  Thanks very much!

I'm not sure about your bank but mine requested for invoice, screenshots of the tickets conversation, proof of delivery was supposed to be in Dec but pushed back to April, etc. Basically do everything you can to aid your case.

Edited by eXis10z
28 minutes ago, eXis10z said:

How do they promise you that when they are apparently out of ssps? 

You're asking me a question I don't have an answer to, or you're asking rhetorically.  But this is the message I received a couple of days ago (even though orders were placed back in March or sooner): 

Dear Customer

We regret to inform you but due to the cancellation of our stock for the Super Parts, we are not able to ship your order.
Since you have made several orders of the Super Parts, on all your orders we will honor the shipment of one of your orders.

All other orders will be canceled and a credit will be sent to your account.

We apologize for this inconvenience, and thank you for your understanding.

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.com
Customer Service

Long story short, I guess I ordered enough to be thrown exactly one bone.  But no indication on when the paid order that they will hypothetically honor will ship.  It hasn't yet despite an advertised street date of 04/30/2020.  I realize there is a pandemic and delays, and NY isn't the only shop I've ordered from that had some issue as a result of that, but taking all of that money just to say "oopsy" and limply offer store credit as consolation is not going to fly.  If my greatest risk is that they cancel any other pending orders I have, I think I will recover.  

Edited by Draykov