Jump to content

N-Y thread - help, complain, rejoice....meh


Recommended Posts

Well I'm done with NY. Went ahead and placed a claim with PP about 5-6 days ago.  This was my backup to my backup order and its the only pending item with them so I could care less if they respond by cancelling my account. I will not be giving them any future business under any circumstances.

 

 

Edited by Vertex
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've paid for these parts 14 months ago and still have not received these parts. My last order with them. I haven't got anymore pre-orders with them and i don't plan on getting any more. This is outrageous. I want to preorder the dancougar Black Wing SOC but i think i'll just wait till release and try to get one off of Mandarake or Jungle. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Toonz said:

latest stun by npy


Thank you for your message

We did not receive all our stock after the release of the product .
We still continue to receive it but it's a little by little.
Also we send first all pre orders with quantity of one.
We will ship your order but it will takes times , perhaps around the next month
We apologies for this inconvenience

Bandai has already made all the movie fastpacks they are going to make and moved on to making the TV fastpacks.  If NY didn't receive all their stock it means they ordered more than what was allowed.  I really don't see Bandai starting up the factory again for NY 100 or so waiting customers.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

Bandai has already made all the movie fastpacks they are going to make and moved on to making the TV fastpacks.  If NY didn't receive all their stock it means they ordered more than what was allowed.  I really don't see Bandai starting up the factory again for NY 100 or so waiting customers.

 

NY came through with the Kairos though so they do seem to have some avenue to product that lags a good deal behind. Just so bizarre given the system and how easy those problem is to avoid.

Edited by jenius
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jenius said:

NY came through with the Kairos though so they do seem to have some avenue to product that lags a good deal behind. Just so bizarre given the system and how easy those problem is to avoid.

Big question on everyone's minds: Did you land a backup SSP for your impending Kaki review?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not going to cancel, because I've waited this long, but I might very well dispute the UPS upcharge with Paypal, because it's highway robbery.

That's going to be my last resort though, since I do have a few things still pre-ordered there.

If they try to offer me store credit again for anything, I'm going to outright slap them back and tell them I don't want worthless credit for a store that can't deliver what I order.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've submitted two tickets now for switching to my SSP order to UPS (first was at the beginning of this month), and no response.  Looking at this thread, it seems like even if they respond, there is 0 guarantee they:

A) Have the product in stock at all

and

B) Will ship it out in anything resembling a timely manner.

I'm really considering going the nuclear option and doing a charge back here.  I was holding back, because I'd like to have them as a sort of last-resort option in certain circumstances.  But that this point I wonder if they actually even have SSP.  And I don't know if I'd trust them all with any order.  I'm going to hold off for now, but I think I may have to join the "banned" ranks soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

I've submitted two tickets now for switching to my SSP order to UPS (first was at the beginning of this month), and no response.  Looking at this thread, it seems like even if they respond, there is 0 guarantee they:

A) Have the product in stock at all

and

B) Will ship it out in anything resembling a timely manner.

I'm really considering going the nuclear option and doing a charge back here.  I was holding back, because I'd like to have them as a sort of last-resort option in certain circumstances.  But that this point I wonder if they actually even have SSP.  And I don't know if I'd trust them all with any order.  I'm going to hold off for now, but I think I may have to join the "banned" ranks soon.

I know that when the pandemic first started, PayPal was not charging sellers a fee if a case required a refund. I did a chargeback for one of my two SSP orders with NY (I had done a second order like in Nov so just made the cutoff in May). NY has yet to ban me but that may be only due to the fact they owe me a large SSP order (1st one) still. Or it could be because PayPal didn’t penalize them?

Edited by DYRL VF-1S
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh! Just came back on to see how this is going. I sent them an inquiry a few days ago but no response. I caved in and bought another VF-1S from eBay since I don't think I will ever get the one I purchased from NY. From the time I purchased it to the day of arrival was only 7 days and this seller is in Japan. NY is full of it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

NY issued my refund and with that I'm closing the book on them. For those that may have the concern - I don't think they closed my account.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/20/2020 at 10:40 AM, Vertex said:

Well I'm done with NY. Went ahead and placed a claim with PP about 5-6 days ago.  This was my backup to my backup order and its the only pending item with them so I could care less if they respond by cancelling my account. I will not be giving them any future business under any circumstances.

 

 

How long ago did you place your order? I want to do the same but it's been over a year ago that I preordered a VF-1S and Super/Strike part set. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sidearmsalpha said:

How long ago did you place your order? I want to do the same but it's been over a year ago that I preordered a VF-1S and Super/Strike part set. 

I had basically the same situation and resolved it by following the suggested ticket language and paying for UPS shipping. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, totallyjem said:

I had basically the same situation and resolved it by following the suggested ticket language and paying for UPS shipping. 

What do you mean by the suggested ticket language? So if I do an inquiry for shipping, I can ask them if they can change the shipping to UPS? So I take it they are claiming they still can't ship by EMS? I bought a VF-1S from a seller on eBay and it was shipped by FedEx. Does NY have a FedEx option?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sidearmsalpha said:

What do you mean by the suggested ticket language? So if I do an inquiry for shipping, I can ask them if they can change the shipping to UPS? So I take it they are claiming they still can't ship by EMS? I bought a VF-1S from a seller on eBay and it was shipped by FedEx. Does NY have a FedEx option?

It's located in this thread.  Since there are only three tabs, you should be able to find it easy (I don't remember the exact verbiage offhand).

Link to post
Share on other sites

NY informed me they will likely never fill my super parts order and asked me to accept a store credit. So... Prepaid a made to order item and got nothing.... Surprised they got this bad. Lesson learned.

Edited by jenius
Link to post
Share on other sites

Same here. I received a full refund from NY in the form of store credit for my 5 SSP that I pre-ordered almost on day one. Glad to sort of have my money back, but I will never pre-order from them again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sidearmsalpha said:

Are they only screwing over international customers? Can any members in Japan confirm this?

I don't think anyone from Japan would order a TWE from NY.  It's an exclusive for Japanese customers so anyone in japan would order directly from Bandai.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, jenius said:

NY informed me they will likely never fill my super parts order and asked me to accept a store credit. So... Prepaid a made to order item and got nothing.... Surprised they got this bad. Lesson learned.

Wow, I can't believe I was stupid enough to order six sets from them.  I will have to try and score these on the secondary market which will now cost a lot more.  It's surprising that they would offer a credit.  What the f#ck good is a credit if they can't secure the products you want to begin with?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I don't think anyone from Japan would order a TWE from NY.  It's an exclusive for Japanese customers so anyone in japan would order directly from Bandai.

Ok. I meant the VF-1. It seems like this is still an issue with even the Valkyrie releases. I still haven't heard from them about the preorder that I put in in June of last year for the VF-1S (along with one set of Strike parts). From what I can see in my Order HIstory, it looks like they might have the VF-1S but are waiting for the Strike parts to ship them together since that was one order. If they ever respond, I'm going to see if they can just ship the VF-1S and settle for a credit for the parts even though I'd rather not have to deal with them ever again.

I even ordered a HMR VF-4 in October of last year and still no response. Is this only a problem with Bandai Macross products? Has this been an issue with other retailers like Amiami?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Wow, I can't believe I was stupid enough to order six sets from them. 

Yup. I ordered 4 and almost immediately thought the same. Now I am certain it was stupid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Yup. I ordered 4 and almost immediately thought the same. Now I am certain it was stupid.


LOL no wonder I can’t get my single set. It’s greedy folks like y’all ordering five, six, and seven sets LOL. <_<

All jokes aside NY is in quite the clusterfunk. They also haven’t responded to neither of my August tickets. 

 

 

 

 

Edited by UN Spacy
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, UN Spacy said:


LOL no wonder I can’t get my single set. It’s greedy folks like y’all ordering five, six, and seven sets LOL. <_<

All jokes aside NY is in quite the clusterfunk. They also haven’t responded to neither of my August tickets. 

 

 

 

 

Actually, as donkey-backwards as it sounds, they fulfill the orders of 1 before multiples. Check the thread and several of us received communication that literally said we weren’t a priority because of large quantities.:vava:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Actually, as donkey-backwards as it sounds, they fulfill the orders of 1 before multiples. Check the thread and several of us received communication that literally said we weren’t a priority because of large quantities.:vava:

See, if they were divvying them up by distributing 1 to each order according to who was there first, and then going around again for multiples once everyone had at least one, I'd understand it... sort of.  

If they're going to shove people who order multiples to the back of the line, they need to just impose order limits from the start and save everyone a lot of frustration.

Edited by Chronocidal
Link to post
Share on other sites

It makes sense for them to do single orders first.... piss off fewer peoples then if they had simply gone chronologically. That said, do you want to lose the customer who spends $320 or the guy/girl who spends $80? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, jenius said:

It makes sense for them to do single orders first.... piss off fewer peoples then if they had simply gone chronologically. That said, do you want to lose the customer who spends $320 or the guy/girl who spends $80? 

I believed u should not pised off ur customer be it 80 or 230 orders.

 

If u cant manage it then dun be a greedy arse and take so much order.

 

N u r tell me forcing ppl to accept store credit is not pissing ppl off?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Store credit that have many caveats on them no less (exipry dates, convoluted reasons on why you can’t use it for certain products, can’t use it to pay for shipping......etc) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2020 at 12:20 PM, jenius said:

I have not. Worse yet, I moved and don't have internet at home or my photo station set up. Probably down until September.

When you're up and running and if you still need SSP's at that time LMK. You can borrow a set.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't think he posted much in here, if at all. :lol:   This thread tends to be where the criticism goes, and I have to admit I rather envy his optimism about their service, even if I don't particularly agree with the perspective.

Historically, NY has had a pretty good track record of delivering eventually, but this particular situation with the SSPs seems to have pushed them beyond their capacity to deliver.

That on its own would be relatively understandable, because it sounds like Bandai is mostly to blame about the lack of production (setting aside whether the pandemic contributed for the moment).  Unfortunately, NY's treatment of their customers with regards to communicating this situation has been abysmal, and their insistence on offering store credit is getting almost insulting in its audacity.

Edited by Chronocidal
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2020 at 2:20 PM, sidearmsalpha said:

How long ago did you place your order? I want to do the same but it's been over a year ago that I preordered a VF-1S and Super/Strike part set. 

I had 2 orders pending one from late last year and one from early this year. Both were within a year though so I didn't have an issue with AMEX / PayPal to get my refunds. I'm pretty sure most if not all of my comments were in reference to the latter of the two transactions through PP.  Being that yours has been more than a year you may not have the recourse of going straight to the CC issuer. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...