DYRL VF-1S

N-Y thread - help, complain, rejoice....meh

We are talking waaaaay too much about this shop on threads.  Love em, hate em, or maybe you just like to troll.... but let's talk about Nippon Yasan here.

Personally, they've done good by me.  I'll keep using them (especially now that I know some of the ins and outs).

Been using N-Y for about 4 years and had around 140 items shipped from them (4 items shipped this past month), and didn't have any major issues so far. Had a few slow shipment issue in the past (I usually submit a follow-up ticket when it's 4 week late) but those were resolved relatively quickly. I'm used to N-Y's slow shipping (there's a limit of course) so unless you're that type of person, then I think you should avoid N-Y as it will just give you headaches. Personally, I know the risk of ordering with them that there's high chance that they might screw the order, so I always have plans on how to recover in case the 'nuke' option is unavoidable. Always do Pay later if possible for maximum PP protection, and if Pay Later is not available, make sure that my CC, or bank will cover me for that period.

Just a story from another forum this week, the poster's friend apparently ordered $7000 worth of items from N-Y January this year and seems to have been paid upfront. Some of the items from that order seems to have been released a month or two already, and those were not shipped yet so the friend seems to jump the gun (contacted the bank) so obviously, N-Y ban the account. Now that friend now has a problem recovering the amount since it seems a debit card was used so have to go through with the bank process (which is usually slow). There's not much info provide with regards to the said order, but as some members has posted, if that person indeed have one big order ($7000), then it's possible that the reason why they are not shipped yet is because as per N-Y's terms they'll ship the order once all of the items in that order is released/available. Or it's also possible that N-Y is figuring out how to ship that big order. In any case, there are still missing details with that story, but the thing is, when dealing with N-Y (or any other shop),  make sure to have some backup exit plan in case things go awry.

Edited by pafy6285

Yeah, I don't have a problem with them at all.  They've rocked every order so far - even if slow-ish at times.  If people are from the States/West, they have a certain expectation of what customer service means.  However, NY is operating in and from a different country (Japan) and most of their support is from other places (i.e. France) which further complicates cross-cultural communication.  It's like going to Mexico, France, Italy, etc. and expecting someone to speak English.  That's just rude.  I'm not saying I agree with all of NYs ethics/practices, but I'm an accomplice since I knowingly order from them, so no point in complaining.  Just gotta know what you're getting into.

7 hours ago, pafy6285 said:

Now that friend now has a problem recovering the amount since it seems a debit card was used so have to go through with the bank process (which is usually slow). T

I don't use a debit card for online purchases. It's really unsafe these days with all the card frauds lurking around.

It's always a credit card and paypal. This way I'll have protection from both paypal and the bank.

Edited by eXis10z

the N-Y thread from another figure site is quite active right now (for the past few weeks), due to delayed/slow shipping/delivery issue. This mostly involves buyers from Europe, who uses a logistics/shipping company only available there (trans-logistics). Apparently, there was some custom issues encountered by the logistic company early January and it seems that the packages has just started to move mid-January. N-Y being N-Y didn't explain much with regards to the delay thus making many buyers with orders already released quite anxious. 

Items actually moved and got delivered but it can be assumed that there a significant back up of packages due to shipping company delay thus not all items that are expected got delivered to their recipients. So it can be assumed that N-Y has it hands full right now as there could be a flood of tickets  not to mentioned those who don't have the patience could be doing PP disputes or chargebacks further increasing the load (some posters speculating bankruptcy doesn't help also).

Anyway, if you're buying an in-stock item from N-Y right now, I think it would be better to just order from another due to slow processing right now. And if you have an order release this month or maybe the next month expect slow processing / shipping due to the said issue.

FYI to those wondering about N-Y's delay which started early this year, please refer to the following MFC threads for details:

First NY thread (check the last few pages for the issue): https://myfigurecollection.net/threads.v4.php?mode=view&threadId=3602&current=keywords&replyId=0&page=100

Latest/2nd NY thread: https://myfigurecollection.net/threads.v4.php?mode=view&threadId=16848&page=55#c-77088874

To summarize many of the packages for European customers were stuck or still stuck with N-Y's logistics partner there for almost 3 months and seems to be still not resolved. Thus customers there resorted to PP claims, etc. This issue seems to also affect other non-European orders (domino effect?) further worsening the issue. Though as per latest updates, it seems that N-Y is currently in damage control (though really late at that) and even directly called some of the affected customers and as per their replies, the issue should be resolved by April.

Wow...crazy.  Thanks for sharing.  I've never had worries about NY but their practices might be catching up to them.  I have a bit invested in those damn SSP parts so hopefully they're able to execute on those in a "timely" (and by timely, I mean timely for them - not the rest of the world) fashion.  I guess as long as they arrive by August when Kakizaki is released, I'll be all good. haha.