The MTV animated series was a decent adaptation of the comic, although it only covered the first 10 volumes (or something thereabouts). I got into the original Image Comics releases working part time as an undergrad one summer. A mate introduced me to them. Loved how The Maxx explored its themes of identity. 

Anyway, I think it will be sweet to see Sam Kieth's art and ideas come to life in a live action medium. I'm really curious to see how well it will all translate with real actors and (I hope) some good practical effects. For instance, seeing the outback and Mr. Gone will be worth the price of admission, especially if they come up with a cool way to juxtapose all that stuff to the real world.

I wasn't big into that conic back in the day. (Nor Spawn for that matter) but i was really into image comics . I think it could be an interesting movie. Has potential. And, let's be honest, everything is getting thrown against the wall these days. Why don't we see a Stray Toasters movie by Bill Sienkiewics now..? :p Although I'd rather see a film version of his and Frank Millers Electra: The Assasin mini series..