Bear Clan Creative Hi Metal R parts

optimuspint

Opinions.  I basically have the TV version arm armor done.  I used the line art as reference and when I got to the mechanical aspects of the sculpt I realized that the holes for the flight stand adapter will be right in the middle of the vent detail.  

Would you rather keep it line art accurate and just put the peg hole in the middle of the detail or keep the detail but move it slightly forward and keep it out of the way of the peg hole?  

I included a pic of the DYRL armor so you can see where the flight stand peg hole is oriented compared to where the gun pod attaches so you can see what I am talking about. 

These will be fully painted and assembled when finished.  

1AC3DD18-FEA9-4E63-A16F-2F462BB8CF8A.jpeg

807B26C6-E7BF-4204-8489-24EAAFDD7549.jpeg

16B22455-F649-412C-8E49-68F440FE461B.jpeg

D6EA1C72-27E7-4361-B797-0BAFC492834D.jpeg

Option 3: 3D print a new stand adapter to go with a different hole location?

Personally, I'd just move/alter the detail. However...

Given what these are for, and who the users are likely to be, lineart accuracy is probably the better choice.

Possibly have a removable insert so people can swap between correct detail and peg hole (for those who are lineart purists)?

P.S. Looks good so far!

Edited by Sanity is Optional

5 hours ago, optimuspint said:

Opinions.  I basically have the TV version arm armor done.  I used the line art as reference and when I got to the mechanical aspects of the sculpt I realized that the holes for the flight stand adapter will be right in the middle of the vent detail.  

Would you rather keep it line art accurate and just put the peg hole in the middle of the detail or keep the detail but move it slightly forward and keep it out of the way of the peg hole?  

I included a pic of the DYRL armor so you can see where the flight stand peg hole is oriented compared to where the gun pod attaches so you can see what I am talking about. 

These will be fully painted and assembled when finished.  

1AC3DD18-FEA9-4E63-A16F-2F462BB8CF8A.jpeg

807B26C6-E7BF-4204-8489-24EAAFDD7549.jpeg

16B22455-F649-412C-8E49-68F440FE461B.jpeg

D6EA1C72-27E7-4361-B797-0BAFC492834D.jpeg

Looks good.  I’m ok with the peg hole in the middle of the detail.  If the price is good then I’ll buy multiples for all of my HM Super Parts.  Please paint match the arm armor to the HM Super/Strike Parts and HMR Super/Strike Parts.

3 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Looks good.  I’m ok with the peg hole in the middle of the detail.  If the price is good then I’ll buy multiples for all of my HM Super Parts.  Please paint match the arm armor to the HM Super/Strike Parts and HMR Super/Strike Parts.

Is there a difference between the HM and the HMR?  I only have the Roy HMR fast packs to go by.

Since these are going to be more appreciated in battroid, where the stand adapter isn’t going to matter, I’d say keep it as close the line art as possible. But it would still be great to have them be able to work with the existing stand adapter.

Count me in as someone who’d be up for buying multiple sets, assuming price and color are agreeable.

My vote goes for put the peg hole in the middle of the detail. I can't fault these sorts of changes if there's a utilitarian purpose behind it.

16 hours ago, optimuspint said:

Is there a difference between the HM and the HMR?  I only have the Roy HMR fast packs to go by.

Here's a good photo showing off the difference between the two colors. The OHM Fast Packs used a color scheme closer to what was shown on the TV series. The HMR line uses DYRL colors.

Bandai-Hi-Metal-Super-Parts-6.jpg

If you'd prefer a physical sample of the TV colors, feel free to DM me.

Hopefully the price of the Regult weapons that was quoted to me can be much lower. 

I would be ok if the TV arm armor was available for $15-20.  However If the TV arm armor is $15-20 then a full set of armor will probably be like $100.

3 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Hopefully the price of the Regult weapons that was quoted to me can be much lower. 

I would be ok if the TV arm armor was available for $15-20.  However If the TV arm armor is $15-20 then a full set of armor will probably be like $100.

Price is not set yet.  The paint app is probably going to determine that more than materials. 

Super rough prototype.  Tolerances are feeling good though.  Still need to add a notch for the legs to lock in fighter mode.  The hardest part is going to be paint matching because the Bandai fast packs are molded in color.  I know I can do it.  It just might take time to do it right.  

Also I have decided to just make a different flight stand adapter just for use with these.  Im also working on a backpack locking clip to also include.  

25C65A47-6BAA-45EF-8A24-9BE14E995AAB.jpeg

E8E5FC67-2927-42AC-A37C-54CC126F8344.jpeg

F07BB49B-6BE2-445D-A6B3-D18B30717D4C.jpeg

9C23A6BA-F25E-453E-84AB-ECCD6DA374E0.jpeg

D34B0922-A359-44B1-9149-0FDA19B371FB.jpeg