mickyg

Anyone ordered from this site before? www.ltvxyonline.com

It's that time of year where kids start asking for things that are long since gone from store shelves.  Unsurprisingly, my son decided he just had to have a TAV33 Optimus Prime - something that's been gone for years now.  I told him I'd look into it.  To my surprise I found a site that looks to be Canada based that stocks this. https://www.ltvxyonline.com

Not only that, they've got a pretty healthy amount of Macross goodies too!

But, is it too good to be true?  The site has been up for less than a year.  The Security certificate appears to be valid though.  Has anyone bought from here and can advise?

Been doing some further checking, as there were some 1/60 Macross Zero Water slide decals that looked interesting, and this other site came up: www.wainershop.com

Same exact layout and "logo" if you can call it that.  It's either dodgy as anything, or it's just  a very simple web front template that both of these companies are using.  I created a login for ltvxyonline but it doesn't work for wainershop.  So logins don't look to be linked.

Going to do further research before I enter any financial details.  Something just seems a little off at this point.

I'm taking one for the team...

Can't find any warning flags other than how briefly they've been in business and the fact they don't take Paypal.  I recall days when some Japanese online shops didn't either.  Those things can take time/experience to set up.  And then again, this may all be a massive scam....

So I've ordered a few thing things totaling less than $100 and will update this thread if they come through.  Will also warn everyone if they don't and put an entry in the black list thread, too.

@mickygI thought about ordering something like 10-20 dollars first myself. I couldn't justify anything more then that without enough confirmation from others. 

Please report back to let us know your findings. 

Don't order @mickyg. The social media accounts are dead links. The email is service1@vinayotap.com. Try to search that address. Multiple reports saying it's a scam.

Edited by wmkjr

I noticed that email. Didn't think to look it up for some silly reason. 

I already placed an order yesterday, though it's smallish. I'll look into what I can do to cancel but also what options I've got if I leave it and it goes badly. The CC I used has a very low limit and should be protected by Visa if it turns out nasty. 

Thanks for the feedback so far. 

I've temporarily blocked my card. Just in case. I've done some reading and I'm definitely covered if this turns out to be the bait and switch that a few others have reported from this email address. 

Really surprising there aren't far more reports from this vinayotap group. I really only found a handful. 

Stay tuned...

noob question, i orderd some thing at www.wainershop.com some days ago with paypal. what should i do? Wait and hope my order arrives or do something else?

Hey @Gunnar I'm not sure, actually.  I'm in the same boat.  They've got a "guaranteed shipping within 5-7 days" that has completely lapsed on mine, so I'm going to see what I can do to cancel the order and get it refunded.  We'll see what happens and I'll update the thread accordingly.

they say they are from canada, and I am from europe so i am pretty sure taht 5-7 days will not happen. ok that also passed for me since i got a notificaton that they shipped mine at the 3rd. 

I never got any confirmation of shipping.  As luck would have it, about an hour after I sent an email this morning asking when it would ship (directly to the confirmation email they sent about my order) I got a text message saying my order had arrived at my local post office. 

This will come as no surprise to anyone but the order was in fact, a cheap necklace.  So it's indeed a scam.  Stay away.

I've started a credit card dispute so hopefully that puts an end to it for me.  However, most card companies require you try to work it out with the merchant.  I have not, and have no desire to waste my time when I know it's a scam and others have posted the same thing about this lot, though via different "storefronts" if you can call it that.  My CC issuer may have a problem with that and force me to. 

I'm reluctant because according to our local post office, this scam has been making the rounds lately and if you email them, they send you a phishing scam reply, packed with who knows what and the next thing you find is a bunch of charges on your card that you didn't authorise.  I'm not at all worried about that, since I suspended my card after I made the purchase and realised it was likely to result in this silly necklace.

So there you have it.  Don't buy from either of these two sites.  Now, to add them to the blacklist and find out how to get these domains flagged...

Stay safe out there!

kk so you got something? hmmm i used Paypal do i have to deactive or do something to be safe? I got the shipping notice from paypal not from them hmmm. So what would you recommand I do?

Well, about a month ago, I ordered a doll for my daughter. The doll was about 100$. However, as I was searching I found this site and it cost only 40$. I placed the ordered, unfortunately without checking twice, and received the email you've been talking about. Some days later though, a package came and it turned out to be a cheap ring, that I had never ordered. I didn't think it was a scam at first, but now that I've started searching whether the site is reliable or not, I've found several complaints from disappointed customers. I've contacted the site, before I knew it was a fraud, but as expected, they didn't answer.

Edited by lark03

IF YOU STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE YOUR MONEY WILL BE SAFE! It's definitely a fraud as you receive a trivial worthless "nothing" instead of the order you have initially placed. I was sent a poor quality pendant instead of a toy and though I have twice emailed them to 4-5 different addresses there is no reply back. I may not be April's fool  but I'm sure ltvxyonline's fool!!!