Blade Runner Fact

Old_Nash

Good lord. Should we come up with a list of Future Events that have already branched off into their individual alternate timelines? I'll start.

In 1982, someone farted* wrong in japan causing world timeline to split in two (or three, see below). One timeline is what you are in now, the second one being that leads to the events known as Macross SDF (The 3rd timeline, of course, being Macross: DYRL).

* Yes I know it can be argued to infinity to what exactly caused the deviance of timelines. 

My favorite example is Planet of the Apes from 1968, that depicted interstellar flight... in 1972!  :huh:

Mankind hadn't even gotten to the moon, but they believed they'd be on their way to Orion's Belt within four years...?  :lol:

Edited by tekering

6 minutes ago, tekering said:

My favorite example is Planet of the Apes from 1968, that depicted interstellar flight... in 1972!  :huh:

Mankind hadn't even gotten to the moon, but they believed they'd be on their way to Orion's Belt within four years...?  :lol:

Shows you that we humans are nothing if not confident.

11 hours ago, Kelsain said:

Between this fact, and watching Back to the Future II with my kids last week; there's been a lot of "where are my flying cars!" around our house.

We lost flying cars when Marty and Doc changed the future in part III. Marty's a jerk.

4 hours ago, Big s said:

There have been flying car prototypes, they’re just not something that’s cost friendly or safe to allow for the masses. Just imagine what damage on flying car accident could do in a residential neighborhood.

Groundcars aren't exactly safe to allow for the masses. But we manage somehow, and almost no one drives through people's front walls(though I personally know two people it has happened to), or just up and rams them.

50 minutes ago, Dynaman said:

Maybe - but just think of all those idiots that can't handle TWO dimensions forced to think in a third.  And flying is not like driving in any way when it comes to responsiveness.  

Not to mention the extra overhead on air traffic control. Better get those AI-infused ATC towers online to support this stat (or not).

When I was kid, I took as a matter of fact that by time I was in my forties we'd have colonies on Mars and doing exploration on the outer planets.

With the limited budgets in space exploration, I think my grandchildren might not live to see that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We should be so lucky.

I actually just re-watched this weekend.

Great movie and given how much time is given to the off-world colonies and the potential rise of replicants as a separate species, there's almost infinite potential for sequels.

5 hours ago, electric indigo said:

Let Villeneuve finish Dune first and then directly move on to Neuromancer...

Speaking of Cyberpunk:) I've always wanted them to do that. It would need quite a treatment in order to fit in now, would we recognize it..?

7 hours ago, Bolt said:

Speaking of Cyberpunk:) I've always wanted them to do that. 

I Guarantee that'll happen in some form if Cyberpunk2077 is a smash-hit videogame.