Bandai 1/60 DX Chogokin Macross Plus YF-21

Berkut

15 hours ago, jeniusornome said:

@seti88 wasn’t prepared for the unibrow. Coffee all over my phone. Can I give more than one like?

gooood morning! :lol: 

2 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

Holy!

hahaha

8P

16 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

When you feel the Internet Blowing Up, the ground shaking and see a guy with an Anime shirt on running down the street screaming "Yes! Yes!, Oh God Yes!!!" Then you'll know exactly when the Pre-orders are going to happen! 

did he just get a date with a cosplayer? :lol:

14 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

When you feel the Internet Blowing Up, the ground shaking and see a guy with an Anime shirt on running down the street screaming "Yes! Yes!, Oh God Yes!!!" Then you'll know exactly when the Pre-orders are going to happen! 

Hey! You saw me during the YF-19 Full Set Pack pre-order!

I really don't think this is going to be a full set, I think they're going to skimp and do a TWE add on. I think the full set was just a reaction to Arcadia... I also wouldn't be surprised to see a less robust YF-19 reissue like a year after the 21 drops.

6 minutes ago, jenius said:

I really don't think this is going to be a full set, I think they're going to skimp and do a TWE add on. I think the full set was just a reaction to Arcadia... I also wouldn't be surprised to see a less robust YF-19 reissue like a year after the 21 drops.

I’ll take a 19 reissue without the writing on the wings. 

14 minutes ago, jenius said:

We're on the same page here.

Bandai macross release slots, February and April next year are already filled.

Perhaps bandai will slide in a March release for the 21?

if so, then I hope we will get more info on what’s to be bundled in and perhaps a preorder date sometime in December?

if release dates are not March, then preorders would be next year..

Edited by seti88

https://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1214619.html

I cannot confirm on if the article author spoke to a Tamashii representative but the last sentence is interesting.

It reads "YF-21は手足を排除し機動性を上げるハイ・マニューバ・モードもあり、ギミックの再現も期待されるところだ。" 

Meaning the reproduction of the Hihg Maneuver mode and the arm/limb purge mode is to be replicated on the toy.

Edited by Berkut

2 hours ago, Berkut said:

I cannot confirm on if the article author spoke to a Tamashii representative but the last sentence is interesting.

Meaning the reproduction of the Hihg Maneuver mode and the arm/limb purge mode is to be replicated on the toy.

Noice!!! At this point, I just want to see dem official images!

3 hours ago, jenius said:

So in this case, a possible DX YF-21 pre-order speculation? :unknw:

Guld mini figure, muiltiple hand poses (for battroid use), DX YF-21 with delimiter mode to be re-created (if you so wish), two guns/phasers, possible missiles/fold booster/effects, valk stand/attachments. TWE set will be X-9.   

7 hours ago, Berkut said:

From my translation,

YF-21 also has a high maneuver mode that eliminates limbs and increases mobility, and is expected to reproduce gimmicks.

It might seem the author is also like the rest of us, and is merely hoping/expecting that the gimmicks/add-ons are included.

Limb/purge mode would be a huge step forward for a DX valk, if it can be implemented.
Am not sure how that would affect the overall articulation and structural integrity of the DX tho. Fingers crossed!

25 minutes ago, sqidd said:

To me the limb/purge mode seems like a great way to reduce reliability and increase cost for something that isn't anything more than "neat".

I agree, I'd rather it not have those features. The fact that bandai are releasing a dx 21 is reason enough for me to buy it. They don't have to go crazy with features, just make it look good and durable. 

5 minutes ago, ErikElvis said:

I don’t want purge mode if it effects the look or function at all. 

It absolutely would. No way around it at this price point and scale. If you raise the price point it could be done at this scale. Or, you could increase the scale and probably keep the price point almost the same (materials cost is a very small fraction of production costs).

It could absolutely be done invisibly/seamlessly with 100% reliability. You can engineer just about anything....with enough money. People ask me about custom stuff related to what I do for a living all the time. Something along the lines of "Can you make this for that?'. Yeah, sure. Not a problem at all. "Can you afford it" is the question.

The majority of people seem to not want it, at least on these forums.  I'm in that camp as well.  Unfortunately, I think we're going to end up with it.  There seems to be a precedent that once a company incorporates a gimmick fairly successfully, most of the following releases have to try to replicate that gimmick, even if no one really wanted it.  The face plate coming off the yf-19 comes to mind (who really cares about that?).  Interior detail on VF-1 super parts seems similar (although it looks like Bandai might be finally getting rid of that, or at least greatly reducing it).  But I kind of like that one :D

Anyhow, I hope they don't, but I think they will.  But even with the gimmick, I think it will still be a good toy that is worth the purchase.  So I'm still excited.

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

It absolutely would. No way around it at this price point and scale. If you raise the price point it could be done at this scale. Or, you could increase the scale and probably keep the price point almost the same (materials cost is a very small fraction of production costs).

It could absolutely be done invisibly/seamlessly with 100% reliability. You can engineer just about anything....with enough money. People ask me about custom stuff related to what I do for a living all the time. Something along the lines of "Can you make this for that?'. Yeah, sure. Not a problem at all. "Can you afford it" is the question.

Yeah, it only gets difficult when you start getting to the limits of the materials, but these are mostly plastic rather than metal so there's a lot of room to strengthen.

Of course the converse is that nothing is ever 100% durable or foolproof, some idiot somewhere will always be able to break it or misuse it regardless of what you do.

I’d really like to see a direct profile of the DX in fighter mode. Or even a shot from slightly in front. There’s one in this thread but it’s still just slightly from behind so isn’t quite a true profile and this makes the nose look shorter than it possibly is and camera angle can do so much for a fighter (as we see from all the VF-31 fighter mode shots that Bandai gave us making the nose and canopy area seem larger and longer than they actually are.  But I’m sure we we’ll get to see one in time. 

Also I’d like to say hello to you all.

11 minutes ago, VF-Zer0S said:

When do you guys thinks preorders will open? I’m hoping at the end of this month but I wouldn’t mind during Christmas time either

Depends if you think bandai will launch in 1st half of next year or not. If it’s the first half, then I think December preorders are possible.

if you believe it’s a 2nd half of next year release, then probably March/April preorder.

Edited by seti88

On 10/28/2019 at 10:10 PM, monkeyface said:

B4A34124-A473-4E07-8563-B9B4C64B00CF.jpeg

Red panel lines too big. Cancel PO.

On 10/29/2019 at 10:24 PM, seti88 said:

Yes! P-bandai YF-21 oscar version! :yahoo::lol:

Green is wrong shade PO cancelled.

7 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i hope it looks like this

yf-21.jpg

Black is slightly bluish. PO cancelled.

That's 3 PO's up for grabs to whomever wants them :p

Serious though. If we use the DX YF-19 as reference from when it was shown on display to PO date then I'd also guess March/April.

Edited by wmkjr