Bandai 1/60 DX Chogokin Macross Plus YF-21

Berkut

I still have my Gamlin 22s in the box @Ignacio Ocamica and waiting for the DX YF-21 to be released so that the Yammie and the DX can sit on one display shelf and have Isamu somewhere in the background.

21 minutes ago, Knight26 said:

De-limiter with limbs would still give a performance boost to the aerodynamic and structural limits, but de-limiter with limbs ejected would reduce the mass likely by half, or more, doubling the thrust to weight ratio and responsiveness of all other control systems.  While I hate to argue with the MMM, I do question the source as canon or fanon in regards to the de-limiter mode.

I wonder if the eventual DX will have the Delimiter as well like the Yammie version.   

41 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Looks to me like de-limiter mode (assuming the legs/arms drop off) is less aerodynamic than "limiter" mode is.

Delimiter mode is definitely a high drag design, however in aerodynamic world, anything can fly if the engine output is really strong (or crazy high) and control surfaces do work for all axis. In the case of the YF-21, the dual engine with paddle thrust (poor man's thrust vector) is actually really impressive. You can read more about this here on the F18 that had those or the X-31 : https://www.airspacemag.com/flight-today/how-things-work-thrust-vectoring-45338677/ 

Regarding delimiter mode, I don't know how canon this is, but an attack animation from SRW Alpha does show him purging the limbs in fighter mode when activating it. Check out 40 seconds:

Edited by Actar

I'm going to guesstimate the possible DX YF-21 Full Set (is that the proper way of saying it?)…

So far its Guld and his YF-21 (maybe the delimiter will be implemented in which is known at this point), various missiles from @valhary's post from page 7 (via Macross Master File), fold booster (from Episode 3 in which he goes after Isamu), couple of guns/phasers (a la Yammie VF-22s. How is it going to attach it to the underbelly of the valk leaving room for the legs and the body plates is another question), the effect pieces and the valk attachments/stand. 

Will implement 3 tiered packaging (like the DX YF-19 Full Set) with the artwork of the YF-21 on the top slip cover. Hopefully that the antenna doesn't snap in two when the plastic clam shell is put on top.     

My guess:

YF-21
Guld pilot figure
Attachments for fold booster (fold booster not included)
2x guns
DX Display stand and adapters
5x pairs of fixed posed hands

Later we'll get
TWE Super Parts
Fold drive
Gray guns

You know what they should have done? Not included super parts with either toy and then released a Ghost toy that came with super parts and fold drives for the YF-21 and YF-19. 

Loving this design but some things were rubbing me the wrong way. Did some drawovers/photoshop on things I feel like would make this look better.  I feel like these are reasonable adjustments that should be able to happen.

1. Hide the hinge on rear stabilizers like the Yamato by following line art.  Seriously nobody wants to see a hinge there  

2. Match the angles on the belly doors closer to line art

3.thicken up shoulders and upper arms 

4.curve back of ankles more to look less like a Clydesdale 

5. Add some wing  hard points for missiles

6. Bigger hands like Uncle Jack

7. Wider nose like Yamato. 

8. Lose yellow lines on Lowe legs. Just feels a bit much IMO

9. Rear engine not as tall in profile  

Anyways hopefully some of you agree with me. This is my favorite jet and this crap needs to be perfect.

549F6E50-7481-4D52-9C11-7C7BAD8E17C3.jpeg

8CB3A865-0C3B-4E55-85D0-D9D71ED2FBC7.jpeg

B4A34124-A473-4E07-8563-B9B4C64B00CF.jpeg

Edited by monkeyface
Missing info added

8 hours ago, jenius said:

My guess:

YF-21
Guld pilot figure
Attachments for fold booster (fold booster not included)
2x guns
DX Display stand and adapters
5x pairs of fixed posed hands

Later we'll get
TWE Super Parts
Fold drive
Gray guns

You know what they should have done? Not included super parts with either toy and then released a Ghost toy that came with super parts and fold drives for the YF-21 and YF-19. 

Hm... I doubt they'll leave out the Super Parts, seeing that the YF-19 came with them and a Fold Booster. 

6 hours ago, monkeyface said:

Loving this design but some things were rubbing me the wrong way. Did some drawovers/photoshop on things I feel like would make this look better.  I feel like these are reasonable adjustments that should be able to happen.

1. Hide the hinge on rear stabilizers like the Yamato by following line art.  Seriously nobody wants to see a hinge there  

8. Low yellow lines on Lowe legs. Just feels a bit much IMO

Anyways hopefully some of you agree with me. This is my favorite jet and this crap needs to be perfect.

These look amazing. But what are the chances they'll make these improvements/changes?

7 hours ago, monkeyface said:

549F6E50-7481-4D52-9C11-7C7BAD8E17C3.jpeg

I’m sure there’s other tweaks you did to the photo above, but this is what I’ve been harping about.

See how much better looking the bellyplates/hip guards look with some added length?

The battroid just looks “right” and tied together now.

The bellyplates don’t have to be “Yamato long,” but they look like they can reach the lower portions of the leg’s black trim in the photo above.

One other way Bandai can outdo the Yamato is to make the joint strong so the hip guards can be posed at a variety of different angles.

23 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Could it be that the lower belly plate slides into the front belly plate, and so the length can be adjusted? Tho, i hope the lower belly plate doesnt end up all loose and slide all over the place, if so.

Occam’s razor.

Borrowing the pic @enphily posted earlier, you can see exactly where that back third of the bellyplates goes in battroid:

7BAC9D61-0AF2-49B4-A81E-1588F14FB66E.jpeg.0a5e24ba6189f3e5c2466c117a638a0b.jpeg

My photo-editing is a little sloppy and fat-fingered on a smartphone, so apologies if the red stuff above looks harsh.

59 minutes ago, Mog said:

Occam’s razor.

Borrowing the pic @enphily posted earlier, you can see exactly where that back third of the bellyplates goes in battroid:

My photo-editing is a little sloppy and fat-fingered on a smartphone, so apologies if the red stuff above looks harsh.

I see it now. So is the question also whether the lower belly plate folds open or slides open for the legs to pop out?

Edited by seti88

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

I see it now. So is the question also whether the lower belly plate folds open or slides open for the legs to pop out?

Don't believe there's any question about it at all.  The only way those legs are going to be able to fit in there is if the entire belly opens up.  Exactly how they open is up for grabs, but folding outward seems the most likely option, since they look connected to the big plates alongside the exhaust ducts.

Curious to see how they attach the twin gunpods to it underneath. Personally, I don't think it would make sense for it to have hard points on the wings. Warping control surfaces and onboard micro missile launchers take care of that. If they could make an attachable launched missile streaming effect like this though, I'd be all for it. Think one of the vf-1 models/toys have something similar like it already. 

itano-circus.jpg

14 hours ago, monkeyface said:

8. Lose yellow lines on Lowe legs. Just feels a bit much IMO

You know what, I really like it as it is (still gonna buy the heck out of this thing), but I do agree your changes would make it nicer.

Edited by aurance
too big