Bandai 1/60 DX Chogokin Macross Plus YF-21

Berkut

12 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

So.... I am in a bit of a pickle.

I found myself liking the Arcadia YF-19 more than the DX Chogokin version, due to the latter's small back heels and large "N.E.T.F.C." text written on the wing. So, I was kind of pondering selling off my DX Chogokin YF-19.

Though, if I do go for the DX Chogokin YF-21, then the obsessive-compulsive completionist in me will feel obligated to keep the DX Chogokin YF-19.  

This would make you think I should just sell the DX Chogokin YF-19 and skip the DX Chogokin YF-21. Simple as that.

BUT...

If it happens to be the case that the DX Chogokin YF-21 is a better-made toy than the Yamato YF-21, well.... then I probably would want to pre-order the DX Chogokin YF-21.... which also leaves me kind of stuck with the aforementioned DX Chogokin YF-19 that I am not completely satisfied with.  *sigh*

Yes, I know... I am pathetic on this regard.

ARGH!!!!!   What do I do?!?!

Buy the 21.

26 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I found myself liking the Arcadia YF-19 more than the DX Chogokin version, due to the latter's small back heels and large "N.E.T.F.C." text written on the wing. So, I was kind of pondering selling off my DX Chogokin YF-19.

Though, if I do go for the DX Chogokin YF-21, then the obsessive-compulsive completionist in me will feel obligated to keep the DX Chogokin YF-19.  

This would make you think I should just sell the DX Chogokin YF-19 and skip the DX Chogokin YF-21. Simple as that.

BUT...

If it happens to be the case that the DX Chogokin YF-21 is a better-made toy than the Yamato YF-21, well.... then I probably would want to pre-order the DX Chogokin YF-21.... which also leaves me kind of stuck with the aforementioned DX Chogokin YF-19 that I am not completely satisfied with.  *sigh*

Easy! Just have both and both Arcadia and Bandai.

Well, if you ask me: keep both?

Really, the Bandai YF-19 is nicer to transform and poses better in battroid than the Arcadia does (damn weak ankles!).

Plus all the extra stuff like the arm weapons, pinpoint barrier punch, fold booster, etc...

The Arcadia is king of fighter mode anime-accurate look though, thing's just beautiful.

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

BUT...

Skip the DX 21. It sucks. :mellow:

9 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

BUT...

I have a plan for you.

-Send me your YF-19 so it isn't bothering you having it around. 

-Buy me a 21 and when I get it I will compare it to the Yamato 21 and tell you the Yamato is better.

Problem solved. You're welcome.:D

$60 for the left one locked in stowed mode for fighter;

$60 for the right one locked in stowed more for fighter;

$60 for the left one locked in gun mode; and

$60 for the right one locked in gun mode.

EDIT:  And $60 each for the four slightly different colored ones that go with the Fast Packs.

Edited by Mog

That YF-21 is shaping up fine, confident that Bandai will put out nice DX toy. I wonder if we will get VF-22 variants from this, would actually prefer those.

Glad I had some foresight this time and got rid of my VF-22 not long ago.

I would say sell the Yamato ones while you can, because they are going to become pretty much obsolete once this is out on the market.

oh boy, VF-22 variants would be nice!

Though with bandai's macross release schedule being limited to 1 macross related release per month, i wonder if lack of release slots will end up scuttling the idea.
Not to mention, whether the macross market can absorb multiple macross related releases per month.

Anyway, let's see how this release shapes out, as well as whats included. 

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I sold all my Yamato VF-1s before the DX 1J came out because they were obsolete.

Better sell those DX's now before the DX VF-1 renewal v2.1.4 comes out and renders those obsolete. Gotta stay ahead of the curve.

Okay, big question... are they going to try to pull of purged-limbs mode?

Also, looking at the side view pics once again, I like how they managed to mitigate the thiccness of the thrusters by pushing it up as opposed to letting most of it hang off the bottom.

That, and the fact that they managed to hide the feet from the rear is a rather nice touch.

Here's hoping they managed to improve the head articulation, which was one of my main concerns with Yamato's 21.

Edited by Actar

1 hour ago, anime52k8 said:

I'm hoping they don't do the detachable limbs gimmick because it causes nothing but problems.

This is where I'm at.  I don't want a gimmick I'll basically never use to compromise the toy's integrity in the standard modes.  If they can get it to work without any other issues, great, but I don't want them to try to force it just because it's been done before. 

11 hours ago, lechuck said:

I would say sell the Yamato ones while you can, because they are going to become pretty much obsolete once this is out on the market.

Unless you have just jumped on the Macross bandwagon a few weeks ago....you should know ALL Macross PT toys eventually become obsolete...you actually look forward to the next greatest version of your favorite VF to come out.....if not, then maybe stick to Toynami VF-1's...:rolleyes:

The YF-21's purge mode doesn't do anything but get rid of the limbs, right? The limbs that aren't visible and don't play any functional role in fighter mode anyway? Unless you're adamant about displaying it in battroid mode with its arms and legs shot all to hell, I don't see any reason why they should engineer that into the toy.

And I mean, if push comes to shove you could just take the limbs apart and get the same result...

11 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I sold all my Yamato VF-1s before the DX 1J came out because they were obsolete.

:lol: a lot of folks think you’re being serious hehehe

I’m keeping my 1/60 Yamato. Still looks great in fighter mode!