Yamato VF-1 1/48 Cavity Fillers

sqidd

I searched, I didn't find anything. I may just suck at searching.:D

Did the Yamato VF-1 1/48's come with cavity fillers? When I was collecting years ago I don't remember the under arm area being so wide open. I have the ones that came with the 1/48 GBP set. But nothing with the few 1/48's I have (which are used).

If they didn't come with any. Is someone making them? They can't be hard to 3D print.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Keep an eye on Ebay, there is a seller who does offer them from time to time. 

If I were you I would avoid the StrikeAlpha24/7 auctions. He sells them but they are full or air pockets and not consistent in color to the Valkyrie. Unless you want to spend time cleaning and color matching I would stay away.

When this was permitted back in the days I would offer color casted parts.

Those days are long gone and I don’t have the time to do these anymore.

Plus don’t forget recasting Is a no no here.

Somehow, 3D printing is the new “legitimized” method of recreating parts even though it’s still a method of duplication or replication or original parts.

Go figure.

2 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

If I were you I would avoid the StrikeAlpha24/7 auctions. He sells them but they are full or air pockets and not consistent in color to the Valkyrie. Unless you want to spend time cleaning and color matching I would stay away.

When this was permitted back in the days I would offer color casted parts.

Those days are long gone and I don’t have the time to do these anymore.

Plus don’t forget recasting Is a no no here.

Somehow, 3D printing is the new “legitimized” method of recreating parts even though it’s still a method of duplication or replication or original parts.

Go figure.

I'm confused about the board policy of copyright infringement. There has been a very large precedent set by the aftermarket auto parts industry that applies to this. And other points. Can someone explain it to me?

-There are oodles of companies that sell exact replicas of  OEM (original equipment manufacturer) parts. There would be no auto parts stores in this country if that was copyright infringement. There are about as many auto parts stores as there are McDonalds. If the OEM's could sue, those stores would disappear.

-More applicable to things like re-cast hands would be the "Hot Rod" parts industry. That industry (the one I'm in) is an almost $300B/yr industry. An industry that does exactly the same thing as making re-cast hands or cavity fillers. And at the extreme end you can buy entire "re-pop" cars now. A 67' Camaro for instance. Per board rules you couldn't do the same thing. Offer a "aftermarket" Valk could you?

-In regards to the FEXT (sp) GBP armor that I have seen posted on here. Is that not considered copyright infringement per board rules? Or is it that we can talk about it, but it can't be advertised? What about if it's second hand?

-I absolutely understand that it's copyright infringement to sell a product on the board that uses the UN Spacey logo.

I'm not trying to rock the boat or argue with board policy. It's a private board, they can do whatever they want. I'm just curious.

• 2 weeks later...