Does Nippon Yasan Get Angry When You Cancel PO's?

sqidd

NY answered about HMR vf-4

Hello

Thank you for your message
First we apologies for the delay in the shipment of your order.

After checked with the team, they received only half of our stock. The second part will be receive during the month.

One more time we apologies for this inconvenience, and please be sure we will do our best to ship your order soon as possible

Please don't hesitate to send another message if you need anything else.

Kind Regards

2 hours ago, SuNDuK said:

NY answered about HMR vf-4

Hello

Thank you for your message
First we apologies for the delay in the shipment of your order.

After checked with the team, they received only half of our stock. The second part will be receive during the month.

One more time we apologies for this inconvenience, and please be sure we will do our best to ship your order soon as possible

Please don't hesitate to send another message if you need anything else.

Kind Regards

That's actually the exact same message they sent me when i asked about my Saint Seiya myth cloth queen alraune that was supposed to be released in mid-february...same problem for two different items?? I don't know, it seems weird to me.

6 hours ago, Ryoma said:

That's actually the exact same message they sent me when i asked about my Saint Seiya myth cloth queen alraune that was supposed to be released in mid-february...same problem for two different items?? I don't know, it seems weird to me.

Who knows, they may be registered with Bandai as 2 separate retailers, to get higher quantities or something.

25 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Who knows, they may be registered with Bandai as 2 separate retailers, to get higher quantities or something.

I think it is highly likely they have multiple accounts through whatever means they could come up with. It's an easy way to explain how they have stock of items most other shops run out of and especially the TWE items that they seem to get more than anyone else has access to. Whatever the case, I'm always willing to wait especially if I'm paying the lowest price. I oredered mulitple VF-4s the moment they went up and mine shipped a while ago but I'm still waiting for the slow boat.

Edited by Slave IV

I agree with you and i really hope to get my items as soon as possible. I am a bit worried about the fact that most of my friends here in Italy haven't been getting anything (i mean, not even shipped) in the last two months or so even for items that were not limited(for example Sigfried Dubhe myth cloth ex from Saint Seiya). Now don't get me wrong, I definitely have more serious problems to think about during these days but...i really want that VF-0D...that's the only item i really care about and would be really bummed if i don't get it or will have to wait for 6 months or so. For all the rest, right now i really don't give a damn.

for what it's worth, I had an item from N-Y (pbandai kit) that was released the last week of Jan and was shipped first week of March. Though the latest order I have that was released this week seems to have been shipped immediately (shipped within 2 days).  I'm used to N-Y being slow and all, though the concern right now is the issue they have mostly with the European customers using Transilogistics which started January and seems to be not fully resolved yet. This could introduce cashflow issue to N-Y if those people do mass PP dispute or chargeback (well some of them already did) and depending on the amount might affect POs  not yet released (e..g vf-0d) or worst they might go the way of the dodo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

They seem to be pretty slow during this period. I made an order in early May and paid EMS - its over a month now and it has not shipped. Raised 2 tickets and they said, they'll work on it. And the status has now changed to "Processing" for the pass few days.

My previous purchases with NY shipped a lot faster - and on SAL. Maybe its due to the COVID-19 situation there? I'll give it another 2 weeks before deciding what to do next.

I got my money back from NY after disputing the charge through Paypal. I can just buy it off AJ for the same price with shipping, but get it in a few days instead of several months to a year.

After Paypal ruled in my favor and returned my money, I got an email from NY saying they were generously refunding my money for the VF-4. Thanks NY! :p

• 3 weeks later...

Here’s the real question, what will they do when you credit strike them after you’ve paid for an item that hasn’t shipped for six weeks and they haven’t responded to a single ticket in the same amount of time?

We’re about to find out.

I asked for a refund back when the strike packs came out and they moved me to the second pre order, they would not refund so I contacted my Credit Card provider and got a full refund, once that happened my account t was banned and unusable, not like I am worried but NY isn’t worth the hassle.

On 3/10/2020 at 8:05 AM, VF-18S Hornet said:

I didn exactly cancel my pre-order for the Kairos just switch ed to the VF-31J Kai for the price I paid for the Kairos.

Did anyone ever figure out what the deal was with the VF-31A Kairos pre-orders from NY? It seemed like most people were eventually able to get at least one unit, (mixed results for multiple unit orders), but it was really weird how it seemed like they were getting a couple units at a time every couple of months over the next year or so. I think I got mine after 9 months.

Given their customer service and price gouging track record, I highly doubt they were buying more units on the secondary market (VF-31As were expensive everywhere) just to honor everyone's pre-orders and it wouldn't make sense that Bandai would still be producing small quantities over the next year. To this day, I'm still really curious where those VF-31As were coming from.

4 hours ago, Saviant said:

I asked for a refund back when the strike packs came out and they moved me to the second pre order, they would not refund so I contacted my Credit Card provider and got a full refund, once that happened my account t was banned and unusable, not like I am worried but NY isn’t worth the hassle.

I think NY nevr got the 1st pre order window (dec) for the strike packs from what I saw, everyone I read about here that ordered from NY automatically went to april batch, no matter how early they ordered.

I ordered from NY pretty much immediately for the December window and got pushed back, yeah. I would have had more luck cancelling it and ordering from the April batch from another retailer - I passed on a set at Big In Japan and I'm kicking myself for it, because I'd have had them a month ago.

At any rate, I sent a new request for them to change their shipping method today, we'll see what happens. I'm about one more unanswered ticket from disputing the charge with my CC company.

Edited by Rhubarbarian

3 hours ago, skullmilitia said:

you guys are making me worry, I have an SHF order through them, and Now I really don't want to bother going with them. Especially when it'll be easy to get on AJ on release day.

SHF are usually pretty readily available so I probably wouldn't worry about it too much. I've placed at least 40 orders with N-Y since 2012 and haven't really had any issues (knock on wood) besides the long VF-31A delay.

NY have shipped my 0D but not my DX supers.

I was in the second run of orders. have requested refund but told I can get store credit only. no response on tickets asking for shipping times, presumably they don't know when they will receive their DX super stock.

7 hours ago, apptt4 said:

NY have shipped my 0D but not my DX supers.

I was in the second run of orders. have requested refund but told I can get store credit only. no response on tickets asking for shipping times, presumably they don't know when they will receive their DX super stock.

Wow, they don't have stock to fill the Strike Pack orders they took a year ago. I'm shocked.

If I recall correctly, other members that took the store credit in the past, could not use the credit for Pre-Orders.  This limits you to popular items at their inflated prices or unpopular items at retail or slightly below retail.  Then you will see your now cancelled items listed on their website at their new inflated price for someone else to purchase.

If you have the funds, you could buy from another vender and sell your NY items whenever you receive them for your cost (plus shipping) or whatever the fair market price is at that time.

6 minutes ago, DewPoint said:

If I recall correctly, other members that took the store credit in the past, could not use the credit for Pre-Orders.  This limits you to popular items at their inflated prices or unpopular items at retail or slightly below retail.  Then you will see your now cancelled items listed on their website at their new inflated price for someone else to purchase.

If you have the funds, you could buy from another vender and sell your NY items whenever you receive them for your cost (plus shipping) or whatever the fair market price is at that time.

I can’t say for sure at the moment but I’m fairly certain you can use the credit towards preorders. I do think the credit is a one time use so if the value of the credit is more than the item(s) you buy, you lose whatever extra it was over by. 
Edit, actually I’m definitely sure. I just checked a order that I partially paid using credit. The remaining balance was requested when the items were coming into stock and I just paid the rest then. I think I remember seeing something about even being able to use credit for previous preorders once they ask for payment but I can’t confirm that until next time I have credit and need to pay for something. 

Edited by Slave IV

Yeah NY isn't that great, they took me for $107.97 and I had to dispute it with credit card cos they don't respond to any messages whatsoever.  Who cares if they ban me, really.  If they can't ship a product that I preordered last year, then they don't deserve my business or anyone else's really heh.

10 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I can’t say for sure at the moment but I’m fairly certain you can use the credit towards preorders. I do think the credit is a one time use so if the value of the credit is more than the item(s) you buy, you lose whatever extra it was over by. 
Edit, actually I’m definitely sure. I just checked a order that I partially paid using credit. The remaining balance was requested when the items were coming into stock and I just paid the rest then. I think I remember seeing something about even being able to use credit for previous preorders once they ask for payment but I can’t confirm that until next time I have credit and need to pay for something. 

I have no first hand experience, but have read here that store credit at NY cannot be use on shipping too. Other member who know for sure, can confirm.

So take store credit as refund is a no no at NY for me.

But so far, I have no problem with NY. They always deliver and response to my ticket. They have also refund when the situation is reasonable. They also have good prices for some of the item I want. So I am going continue to use NY cautiously in future. 

NY store credit: good anywhere, anytime in our webshop!*

*Excludes preorders, shipping, items not matching the exact yen amount of the store credit, items actually worth purchasing, orders made via mobile device, orders made via desktop, and days of the week ending in Y.

Just now, Lolicon said:

*Excludes preorders, shipping, items not matching the exact yen amount of the store credit, items actually worth purchasing, orders made via mobile device, orders made via desktop, and days of the week ending in Y.

:lol::lol::lol:

-b.

5 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

So I can probably get an unwanted item on a laptop using German language settings (so the days end in "-tag")? 

NY is great!!

36 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

2 hours ago, kkx said:

I have no first hand experience, but have read here that store credit at NY cannot be use on shipping too. Other member who know for sure, can confirm.

So take store credit as refund is a no no at NY for me.

But so far, I have no problem with NY. They always deliver and response to my ticket. They have also refund when the situation is reasonable. They also have good prices for some of the item I want. So I am going continue to use NY cautiously in future. 

Not sure about the shipping part but based on the way it is setup, that could be true. I've only got credit once for something that was not their fault over the several years I've used them so I'm not too worried about any of it. If I have to get credit for something again, I'm fine with it because it is pretty easy for me to use it on something worth more especially because I know it works for orders with multiple items. 

The main reason I use NY is because they usually have lower prices but that seems to be changing lately. Their preorder discounts for most items I'm interested are more inconsistent now and they often charge more than other shops recently. They are one of the only shops that offer ferry shipping which is still usually considerably less than options other shops offer so the overall price is still competitive. As for the other stuff, I've also had no trouble getting full refunds, cancellations and general support when needed but I rarely need to contact support with them or any other shop. These days, some items are buy wherever you can situations but I do also appreciate that NY seems to be the only shop to have improved their website so that it does not crash or have any wheel of death anymore. Some people noted that they also proactively sent out messages to get shipments moving recently. Those are all good steps that to me, are a sign of a shop that is trying to improve. Other shops that have been known in the past to be good have gone backwards on their website functionality and other than that, have stayed static in their overall CS so that shows me they are not as flexible and usually those are not great signs. Whatever the case, I'm glad there are options and I always say we are way better off now than we ever were before when it comes to getting Macross products.

I recently had an unhappy experience with NY. I found that this company is so unprofessional and very bad service. The incident was about one of my purchase, ES Gokin Garland. The toy was keep delaying year and year, because I pay up front and the money was kept in NY, last year I was asking if I could cancel the order because I have been waiting a toy for like 5 years and still not exist. They kept telling me that the toy will be available since the beginning of 2019. I kept asking them to cancel and they ignore my email. Until Nov 2019, the product finally here. They finally sent me the toy. But since then, whenever I purchase anything, during payment checkout, there is an error and cannot complete the order. I used different browsers, different devices, different cards...no joy. I contacted their supports, no response at all. Basically, I am ready to give up this shop because such an unprofessional company and they are not only one in this world. If they don't care loosing business nowadays, good for them. But NY really has bad service and I only asking cancel for the first time. Paid the money for 5 years and got nothing, asking for cancel I think is normal.