Does Nippon Yasan Get Angry When You Cancel PO's?

sqidd

I'm thinking about canceling a few of my PO's. Do they get ticked off when you do that? I'll still have some on order. I don't want to screw up my relationship with them and/or mess with the status of the orders I want to keep.

Thanks!

10 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I'm thinking about canceling a few of my PO's. Do they get ticked off when you do that? I'll still have some on order. I don't want to screw up my relationship with them and/or mess with the status of the orders I want to keep.

Thanks!

From Nippon-Yasan's Terms and Conditions Page:

Cancellation

Any order is final. The Seller does not accept any cancellation on orders or pre-orders already paid. The Buyer makes an order only if he is sure of his purchase.

You may get lucky if you choose to ignore this, but there have been reports on the forum of members who have received account bans just for asking. If you are looking for stores with easy to cancel pre-orders, I would recommend either HLJ or Amazon for future purchases. N-Y doesn't really have that kind of customer support.

Don’t worry, just surprise N-Y with some flowers to smooth the anger. :p

But seriously, if you have a good record of ordering with them, one or two cancellations won’t be an issue.

Of course my caveat is that I did cancel years ago with no issue. I do not know abt it now but I suspect the same practice will still stand.

additionally also to state that those I cancelled were not pay up front orders.

Edited by seti88

I don’t know if it’s a great idea for you being pretty new but I’ve cancelled many orders over the years. I always ask politely with some reason I am unable to go through with the order and they have always obliged. I’ve had cases where I forgot to pay for items I wanted and they cancelled my order even when I basically begged them to allow me to pay. None of these have resulted in any warnings or bans. I’m pretty sure they see me as a reliable customer so that probably helps. 

57 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

If you haven't already paid, just "forget" to pay for the order on time and they'll cancel it for you.

They're paid up front.

50 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I don’t know if it’s a great idea for you being pretty new but I’ve cancelled many orders over the years. I always ask politely with some reason I am unable to go through with the order and they have always obliged. I’ve had cases where I forgot to pay for items I wanted and they cancelled my order even when I basically begged them to allow me to pay. None of these have resulted in any warnings or bans. I’m pretty sure they see me as a reliable customer so that probably helps. 

After seeing their policy I'm just going to let them ride. It's not a big deal. I was all the way on the fence anyway.

Appreciate the input gents!:good:

4 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I don’t know if it’s a great idea for you being pretty new but I’ve cancelled many orders over the years. I always ask politely with some reason I am unable to go through with the order and they have always obliged.

This has been my experience too, but the only items I remember specifically cancelling was the original release of the Yamato VF-4.  At the time the orders opened, HLJ was not expected to carry them since they were billed as some sort of exclusive release, and I put an order in for two.  When HLJ opened up later, I was able to request a cancellation, and they didn't seem to mind, possibly in part because it was just before Christmas, and even at the first release, those were a massive chunk of change.

Note, as mentioned, this only applies if you haven't paid.  Once you've sent them the money, they'll only offer store credit in return.  

One question I would love to have answered is whether they will refund you directly if they are actually unable to fulfill an order, but I have not heard of this happening yet, so while they're stubborn, it also speaks to their reliability for getting you what you pay for... eventually. :p 

Edited by Chronocidal

27 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

One question I would love to have answered is whether they will refund you directly if they are actually unable to fulfill an order, but I have not heard of this happening yet, so while they're stubborn, it also speaks to their reliability for getting you what you pay for... eventually. :p 

I sent them e message about the possibility of them not filling my orders before my 6mo in PayPal protection expired. I asked if they could either get in under the 6mo wire or if I could cancel those payments through PayPal and then just make new ones (restarting the clock).

They sent back an email saying if I paid for something I was going to get it. Not exactly answering my question.

If I'm bumping into the 6mo deadline I'll contact PayPal first and see if my protection extends because they had not been shipped. Which aught to be interesting because per PayPal rules as a retailer you're not allowed to accept deposits for more than 21 days. NY isn't playing by PayPal rules.

I'm just going to have to play it as it comes. I for sure am not going to get in a situation where I have lost my PayPal protections.

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

I sent them e message about the possibility of them not filling my orders before my 6mo in PayPal protection expired. I asked if they could either get in under the 6mo wire or if I could cancel those payments through PayPal and then just make new ones (restarting the clock).

They sent back an email saying if I paid for something I was going to get it. Not exactly answering my question.

If I'm bumping into the 6mo deadline I'll contact PayPal first and see if my protection extends because they had not been shipped. Which aught to be interesting because per PayPal rules as a retailer you're not allowed to accept deposits for more than 21 days. NY isn't playing by PayPal rules.

I'm just going to have to play it as it comes. I for sure am not going to get in a situation where I have lost my PayPal protections.

That rule you are referring to is your trump card. Since you know about it, you know where to find it. I would just sit back and if/when PayPal tries to say they aren't going to cover you, refer them to that policy and they will have to oblige you. This is all learned from experience.;)

Edited by Slave IV

24 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

That rule you are referring to is your trump card. Since you know about it, you know where to find it. I would just sit back and if/when PayPal tries to say they aren't going to cover you, refer them to that policy and they will have to oblige you. This is all learned from experience.;)

I found that deposit rule out "the hard way" myself. I had about $50K in deposits from customers on a one time run of product. It was going to be 8-9mo to produce. Somehow PayPal got wind of it and put the smack down on me. It was rather uncomfortable at first. But then I negotiated better terms. Live and learn.

7 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I found that deposit rule out "the hard way" myself. I had about $50K in deposits from customers on a one time run of product. It was going to be 8-9mo to produce. Somehow PayPal got wind of it and put the smack down on me. It was rather uncomfortable at first. But then I negotiated better terms. Live and learn.

Yeah, I bet that could suck. The good thing is if you want what you ordered from NY, they will deliver and you won't need to deal with it.

On 10/10/2019 at 8:14 PM, seti88 said:

Don’t worry, just surprise N-Y with some flowers to smooth the anger. :p

But seriously, if you have a good record of ordering with them, one or two cancellations won’t be an issue.

Of course my caveat is that I did cancel years ago with no issue. I do not know abt it now but I suspect the same practice will still stand.

additionally also to state that those I cancelled were not pay up front orders.

The only way i know so that you doesn't get banned is if you have multiple ongoing pre-order that you already paid.

i did this when some item release date got delayed and make multiple pre-order deadline in the same month. So i only pay for some and decide to not pay the other.

Just now, Rein+ said:

The only way i know so that you doesn't get banned is if you have multiple ongoing pre-order that you already paid.

i did this when some item release date got delayed and make multiple pre-order deadline in the same month. So i only pay for some and decide to not pay the other.

just in case tho, take a screenshot of your paid order so you can make a claim with paypall later if they decide to ban you.

I have a total of 56 orders with them to date and 6 cancellations. 1st request to cancel was on my 12th order and only after over $2K’s worth of purchases. When I put in request, I usually don’t receive reply back. I just see that order has been canceled in my order history. 

• 4 months later...

Anybody know what’s up with Nippon Yasan?  Apparently the security cert for their site expired a few days ago.   Not sure if this is a fluke thing, pandemic related, or the next phase of the plan to run off with my pre-order money.

2 minutes ago, Ryoma said:

I hope so. Here in Italy they haven't been delivering since december. Honestly i am bit worry, especially for my VF-0D...

I just had something shipped to me from Rome. I guess they don't care about exporting the virus.:rofl:

I'm a bit concerned about the FOUR :bad: VF-0D's I have on PO through From Japan. I'm just going to have to be zen about maybe being out $1600.

Well, Rome seems to be doing very well these days...kinda awkward but so far they seem to be ok. Plus the corona virus SHOULD die after 9 hours on most of the surfaces. Let me know in case you want to sell one of the 0D...i have a bad feeling about my order on NY.

Oh well, that's it. Now the entire country is on lockdown. How to destroy a nation Vol.1

1 hour ago, Draykov said:

Anybody know what’s up with Nippon Yasan?  Apparently the security cert for their site expired a few days ago.   Not sure if this is a fluke thing, pandemic related, or the next phase of the plan to run off with my pre-order money.

heard the cert issue on another forum but haven't encountered that and when I check it, it says it will expire on July 2020. As for NY being very slow these days, could be related to the transilogistics (Europe) issue they have which started this year most probably causing backlogs in their logistics not to mention more work dealing with PP disputes/chargebacks from those who can't wait or not used on how slow N-Y can ship things. Some (from the said forum) are even speculating that NY has cashflow issues and not paying the logistics company, etc. For what it's worth, I have an item (pbandai kit) that was released last week of Jan, which was just shipped last week (more or less a month).

47 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

FWIW, I still haven't received shipping notice of the HMR VF-4 (Roy colors) that I ordered from NY.

Me neither, but based on what I’ve seen here, that’s not surprising.  I saw the lack of secure access to their site as a bit of a red flag.  I’ve put in several orders (and pre-orders) with NY since late January.  Only one of them has shipped and it has not arrived (granted, I picked the slow boat/cheapest shipping option).

On 10/10/2019 at 8:56 AM, technoblue said:

From Nippon-Yasan's Terms and Conditions Page:

You may get lucky if you choose to ignore this, but there have been reports on the forum of members who have received account bans just for asking. If you are looking for stores with easy to cancel pre-orders, I would recommend either HLJ or Amazon for future purchases. N-Y doesn't really have that kind of customer support.

I didn exactly cancel my pre-order for the Kairos just switch ed to the VF-31J Kai for the price I paid for the Kairos.