I'm confused, is this in the MCU or not? Is this it's own continuity or not? The Spidey plastered on the wall with the "murder" tag by it is clearly a Sam Raimi Spider-Man suit, not the Holland MCU suit, and yet the murderer part, to me, implies this takes place after Far From Home and the whole world thinks Peter/Spider-Man murdered Mysterio. And then Keaton at the end? Vulture from the MCU or another character? If he's another character then that's even more confusing. Will Holland Spidey or even Venom appear or get mentioned in this? 

10 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

I'm confused, is this in the MCU or not? Is this it's own continuity or not? The Spidey plastered on the wall with the "murder" tag by it is clearly a Sam Raimi Spider-Man suit, not the Holland MCU suit, and yet the murderer part, to me, implies this takes place after Far From Home and the whole world thinks Peter/Spider-Man murdered Mysterio. And then Keaton at the end? Vulture from the MCU or another character? If he's another character then that's even more confusing. Will Holland Spidey or even Venom appear or get mentioned in this? 

I just saw this. Thought might help. ;)

https://screenrant.com/morbius-movie-trailer-mcu-jared-leto-sony-marvel/

15 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

That does help, thank you. Also, it appears that without question, Venom was in the MCU as well, even though there were no cameos or easter eggs in it to imply that.

Still odd that they used an image of the Raimi Spider-Man suit and not the MCU Holland one, beyond that, it appears that image of Spidey on the wall is from the PS4 Insomniac game, it's the Raimi suit skin variant screen capped in a cool pose, super, super weird, it's not even a promo or marketing material shot from a Raimi Spidey movie. 

4 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

That does help, thank you. Also, it appears that without question, Venom was in the MCU as well, even though there were no cameos or easter eggs in it to imply that.

Still odd that they used an image of the Raimi Spider-Man suit and not the MCU Holland one, beyond that, it appears that image of Spidey on the wall is from the PS4 Insomniac game, it's the Raimi suit skin variant screen capped in a cool pose, super, super weird, it's not even a promo or marketing material shot from a Raimi Spidey movie. 

Yeah. In fact, I only got excited with this movie when I saw Keaton towards the end. That's why I googled about the trailer and why he was there. ^_^

8 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Still odd that they used an image of the Raimi Spider-Man suit and not the MCU Holland one, (...)

Taking a stab in the dark: perhaps it's down to (future) royalty payments?  If memory serves, that was the justification behind the re-imagining of the Empire in Disney's Star Wars, and the changes to the designs in the recent Star Trek stuff.  In this case, it's not the licensee who is using new designs to get (future) merchandising royalty payments, but the licensor using their (original) design to avoid payments.

Edited by sketchley

This movie was starting production when Sony and Marvel were still on the outs.  It's far more likely they chose an image of Spider-Man when he was in everybody's good graces (i.e. Toby) so that legally, if a new deal weren't penned, they aren't attacked by Marvel and could carry on.

• 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...