Hachette Collection 1/24 VF-1S (subscription collectable)

CF18

I keep trying to find these issues, only to see that all the regular places are sold out. Aside from hlj, does anyone else have places where they're being sold? I also know about CD Japan.

On 6/10/2020 at 6:10 PM, Sanity is Optional said:

I pre-ordered the whole set through HLJ, and only know about them and CDJ.

Might try Amazon Japan?

I bought a few issues through AJ, but you have to be on the site when they're are listed as they quickly sold out. They usually go up on Tuesday at 8am here. I buy two other Hachette weekly build and have to play the game every Tuesday morning. Sometimes i.miss them.and other times AJ wont ship to my location which doesn't make sense since I have bought so many previously. CDJ is my backup. I actually gave up on the VF-1 sub and sold my issues. 

33 minutes ago, Kenny G said:

I bought a few issues through AJ, but you have to be on the site when they're are listed as they quickly sold out. They usually go up on Tuesday at 8am here. I buy two other Hachette weekly build and have to play the game every Tuesday morning. Sometimes i.miss them.and other times AJ wont ship to my location which doesn't make sense since I have bought so many previously. CDJ is my backup. I actually gave up on the VF-1 sub and sold my issues. 

Glad I pre-ordered all 100 issues through HLJ I spose. Even if it did make the cart a bit glitchy (did confirm I got all 100).

I would personally keep trying to purchase all issues through HLJ.com. Even if you don't get all the current issues say 'Order Stop' they will end up with extras after a week or two. I even purchased two extra issue ones to try my hand at polishing out the plastic line on the canopy. At $2.75 a piece, why not?

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, takatoys said:

My girlfriend who lives in Japan sent me from volume 3 to 19, all in one single box :yahoo:. No instructions though, but Hachette’s Youtube channel shows all the steps to build it.

5D1999F0-CB77-4A48-B1A6-CB4FE52D5251.jpeg

Woah. She's a keeper. Have fun! I'm building a few of these type of kits and find the VF to be very high quality compared to Eaglemoss or even Deagostini offerings. Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hachette’s valkyrie cockpit detail so disappointing! Never thought I had to improve this kit, but I am a cockpit lover. Worst part is that the panel cover is made out of metal. Dremel did the trick. Looks much better now and the panel buttons were also painted.

54781EA7-C917-4482-B844-AF9E79529AB8.jpeg

38C22F3C-54E9-4E98-A414-43ED15E3653B.jpeg

983F070E-DC04-4136-826E-D0A9DA3D273A.jpeg

EF23F5EA-28DE-499B-94D7-5981B73FFE50.jpeg

580E1C5E-A238-4474-8B44-B36C3BBEFE8B.jpeg

85E11841-8D42-4FB4-ADD2-D7BEABAC180C.jpeg

7E4685F5-EDE6-46AD-9107-4D09A3AF7D5B.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Gabe Q said:

That turned out great. You make it look easy but that is a challenging modification. Awesome!

Thanks! Will try to improve it more but need the pilot for reference. I’m not subscribed to Hachette, but girlfriend says I can still get the pilot by sending the issues label I bought until volume 30.

I'm considering getting into this monster (wish it had SSP's though). Can you guys answer these questions for me?

-Does it require any painting? I can assemble with the best of them. Paint, not so much.

-100 issues correct?

-$18ish/ issue for a total of $1800ish?

-How many issues have been released so far?

-Can I still pre-order non released issues through HLJ?

-Will HLJ sit on them until I want them shipped?

Thanks guys!!!!

• No paint needed
  • 100 issues
  • ~$19 each going by my credit card receipts
  • Issue 26 just released on the 29th
  • You can pre-order any that aren't at order-stop
  • Currently have issues 4-26 waiting, as HLJ's extended their Private Warehouse holding until Japan Post is available again.

I think they did tease an expansion pack with Strike packs on it but it was just a black silhouette. Who knows for sure. I think we'll find out once we start building the thruster/leg sections if it's even possible. 

Edit: Confirmed on page 2 of this thread. Strike pack as an option. It's on the first page of the first kit. Maybe there will be ~150 total kits?

Edited by Grey728

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:
  • No paint needed
  • 100 issues
  • ~$19 each going by my credit card receipts
  • Issue 26 just released on the 29th
  • You can pre-order any that aren't at order-stop
  • Currently have issues 4-26 waiting, as HLJ's extended their Private Warehouse holding until Japan Post is available again.

HLJ sitting on them for the duration is key.:good:

One more - Are they released weekly?

What;s the deal on getting the pilot figure at this stage?

2 hours ago, Grey728 said:

I think they did tease an expansion pack with Strike packs on it but it was just a black silhouette. Who knows for sure. I think we'll find out once we start building the thruster/leg sections if it's even possible. 

Edit: Confirmed on page 2 of this thread. Strike pack as an option. It's on the first page of the first kit. Maybe there will be ~150 total kits?

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo SSP's!:yahoo:

I'll go looking, but you guys probably know off of the top of your heads....wow long is it and what is the wingspan? Last hurdle is how to display it.

Thanks guys!

Edited by sqidd

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Pilot figure was a subscription exclusive IIRC, so you won't get it unless you buy the right edition with the subscription bonus.

They're released roughly every 2 weeks, #27 just hit my private warehouse last night.

By any chance know what edition that was?

Since it's 1/24 is it a sfae bet that it's twice as big as a 1/48? I have to find somewhere to put it.

Thanks!

Edited by sqidd

4 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

According to google translate:

Full Length: 60cm

Total Height: 17 cm

Full Width: 52cm Fully extended wings, 34cm when stored.

Thank you.

I think I'm kinda screwed on this thing. HLJ is showing order stop on everything that hasn't been released yet.  Doesn't look like there is any way for me to start a subscription at this point. And I'm not betting $2000 that I can find all 100's releases in the secondary market. I could end up with $4000 in the darn thing......with no pilot.:sorry:

I'm going to pretend it's for the best.

The only way to get the pilot is to purchase a sub direct from their website. I tried this using a Tenso address but got held up on the not Japanese card. You might end up with more luck. I really wanted the pilot as well but I think I'm too far in now to worry about it.

https://hcj.jp/vf1/home.html?_ga=2.145301044.185916946.1596676843-1196244914.1596676843

13 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

The only way to get the pilot is to purchase a sub direct from their website. I tried this using a Tenso address but got held up on the not Japanese card. You might end up with more luck. I really wanted the pilot as well but I think I'm too far in now to worry about it.

https://hcj.jp/vf1/home.html?_ga=2.145301044.185916946.1596676843-1196244914.1596676843

I think this is the universe telling me that I don't need this.:rofl:

Thanks!

15 hours ago, Jasonc said:

Was the stand for this kit only available through subscription?

I think the stand is part of the valkyrie, so it will be available as another volume. The stand is essential coz the valkyrie won’t be able to be displayed with the landing gears, it is too heavy. The acrylic case with wood base is through subscription and you will get it with the last volume.

Yeah, looks amazing.  Really, really regret not getting this now.

Some more reference pics:

Dvj-BFmUUAA96qu?format=jpg&name=large

Dvj-BFeUYAE88XX?format=jpg&name=large

Dvj-BFfUUAAsuH7?format=jpg&name=large

Dvj-BFhUUAEPc4Q?format=jpg&name=large

Anyone know where this thing is now?  Would still like to check it out if it's still on display somewhere.

On 8/8/2020 at 4:48 PM, takatoys said:

I finished rebuilding the cockpit. The seat was also diecast, took me a while to modify it.

3EC2792B-C82A-49CD-9BCE-00C8A4D1289C.jpeg

9F319E80-1C62-41E6-9588-F207A5C1EF9D.jpeg

EFE85C36-7C17-4265-8446-D5569D2CE91B.jpeg

97D6DCFE-BCB6-4203-BDA5-16663BED1007.jpeg

8467B83B-111E-4CE7-82C9-3BF2E14F389D.jpeg

8F0FB9EF-DBE7-44CD-92BF-409D0C60DD0F.jpeg

744009AB-1096-4E21-BAB7-BCCEBD507B62.jpeg

2D792932-B943-46C2-9ABF-CAC0324D3C42.jpeg

Really great work! I've been lamenting not going for more detail on mine. Your use of color behind the seat is fantastic! 

I need some input here guys.

I have been emailing with Hachette and I can still get a subscription starting with Vol 1 (with pilot). Everything until this point would ship immidiately. Then as they're released to my Tenso address. The only hitch, and it's not a big one is that because I don't have a CC with a JP bank I would have to wire transfer the entire amount. It's a thing, but not a huge deal.

A couple of questions for those of you that can answer:

-Is the quality worth $2000 to you now that you have had the parts in hand?

-How many total hours do you think you will have into building it?

-Is it a "build"? I'm not a modeler. I'm a mechanic, fabricator and designer/engineer. Basically I don't have many paint and glue skills. Is this over my head?

-From what you have seen what do you think the chances of SSP's are? I'll die if there are no SSP's! Especially withn a DYRL pilot.

Now to figure out where I would put this monster!:D

Thanks!

Most of the pieces I've recieved so far (except the wings) have been made of diecast and feels very high quality. Tampo's are already pre-applied as well. The item is fully painted as-is so nothing needs to be added or done. Of course you can do whatever you would like to modify or improve on it as some people already have here but overall, painting is unneccarry. There is some gluing that's been required and some wiring that needed to be routed which took me some time as I don't want to screw it up. I don't have any modelling skills at all. All I've done thus far is follow the Youtube guides online that they've created. You should check them out. 

I don't know if this kit is worth the 2 grand as it's my first time ever dealing with this type of thing. Most of the kits you receive practically have nothing in them while others have large single pieces of diecast parts. The color is the most off putting of the entire thing which isn't too bad. It's more of a cream/vanilla color than it is white/grey. I don't think that shows up in the videos that much.

I recommend you buy the first kit yourself from HLJ for $2.75 just to get an idea of what you're getting yourself into.

https://www.hlj.com/macross-vf-1-valkyrie-fighter-mode-diecast-gimmick-model-001-hsjvf1s001