Hachette Collection 1/24 VF-1S (subscription collectable)

CF18

image.png.13b9a8f96969326dc1ffab84a60920e3.png

It appears that the nozzles don't open.  Also, what does the line art say about the exhaust.  Is it supposed to be a circular exhaust port like above (and also the Yamato 1/48s) or slotted like this:

IMG_8173.jpg

(Bandai DX 1/48s look like this pic)

4 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Think I'll just wait for some enterprising third-party to SUPER-SIZE the Bandai DX VF-1 to something close to 1/20...$500 maybe? :unknw:

Like that oversized Optimus Prime?  I'd be in for that.

6 hours ago, peter said:

image.png.13b9a8f96969326dc1ffab84a60920e3.png

It appears that the nozzles don't open.  Also, what does the line art say about the exhaust.  Is it supposed to be a circular exhaust port like above (and also the Yamato 1/48s) or slotted like this:

IMG_8173.jpg

(Bandai DX 1/48s look like this pic)

SDFM is not really round as portrayed there but it seems it would be easier to do that create a thruster.

DYRL is 4 or 5 rectangular exhaust ports.

A49CE87E-93BE-4307-BEAA-0D6D61DF9F39.jpeg

99F5B4AB-DF0E-4C53-AFAD-FC16B301482B.jpeg

20 hours ago, Gabe Q said:

About how much will they be each week after the initial promotional pricing?

Seconded. I was thrown off by that price tag at first before realizing it was just the magazine plus instruction DVD. While we're on it, anyone know what the total price is, or have they not released that info?

18 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Seconded. I was thrown off by that price tag at first before realizing it was just the magazine plus instruction DVD. While we're on it, anyone know what the total price is, or have they not released that info?

Total price on all 100 issues for HLJ is:

202,270yen

This is right up my alley, I've always enjoyed model kits and only built a couple basic ones but never fully got into it because I never had the time nor wanting to spend money to invest in equipment, supplies, etc. to learn how to fully customize any kit. This method of modeling seems perfect since it still offers hands on building without much experience and you get an awesome final piece.

Any other options to get this subscription since HLJ already put a stop to the listing, or would it open up again? Read earlier its possible to wait for the full release and buy all at once or order directly from manufacturer's site?

1 hour ago, Gabe Q said:

It looks really nice but I can't justify paying that much money on it. After shipping it seems like it will be $2,500 or more!

Well, can ship 8x at a time through HLJ, the real question is how big the boxes are and how many will fit inside a SAL box. Might end up being only around $2k-$2200.

Here's the link for the full 100 issues at HLJ for preorder: https://www.hlj.com/search/go?ts=custom&w=Macross VF-1 Valkyrie Fighter Mode Diecast Gimmick Model

hsjvf1s001_0.jpg.6e20566fffbf773399c3dd295a8fda91.jpg

hsjvf1s001_1.jpg.24defd6fdefedef36f9cda252a46b61d.jpg

I know the first 2 issues are cheaper than the rest. So basically it's around $1800+/- without the cost yet from bundle PW shipping. I know it really looks nice. And for sure for me this one will be a keeper if it's the Hikaru Strike Valk version. But at $1800, I'm really not sure if I can spend that much for a collection. :cray:

I got the green light from the wife to get in on this, but I'm going to sit this one out.  I personally prefer the DYRL style exhaust ports, and I don't like the fact that the feet don't open up.  Besides, I'm still bringing back Nobunaga's castle back from Japan.....about 50 volumes so far and who knows how many are left at the in-law's place.

On 1/16/2020 at 11:05 AM, chaff.g said:

HLJ actually has all 100 issues available to preorder right now.

On 1/16/2020 at 11:20 AM, no3Ljm said:

Here's the link for the full 100 issues at HLJ for preorder: https://www.hlj.com/search/go?ts=custom&w=Macross VF-1 Valkyrie Fighter Mode Diecast Gimmick Model

I know the first 2 issues are cheaper than the rest. So basically it's around $1800+/- without the cost yet from bundle PW shipping. I know it really looks nice. And for sure for me this one will be a keeper if it's the Hikaru Strike Valk version. But at $1800, I'm really not sure if I can spend that much for a collection. :cray:

Thanks for the correction. ~$1800 sounds... well, expensive, but not altogether TOO expensive, especially compared to the $2k-2.5k people were bandying about.

Well, Already collecting the Yamato so what's another 100 piece set B)) At least HLJ have all 100 for pre-order unlike the Yamato which they just add the next one every week and you have you remember to get one before they ran out.

Edited by Wiz13688

On 1/16/2020 at 9:20 AM, no3Ljm said:

Actually. Full order 100 sets on HLJ comes out to ~$1925 without shipping

Edited by Wiz13688

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Navtek said:

Anyone know how to get the pilot figures besides subscribing? Can't find a way to buy separately. Thanks!

I don't know about online, but in Japan, these are available as single issues in many book/hobby stores.  You might be able to find an online shop that sell these individually so you can order the pilot figure when it comes out?

If not, maybe look for a CMs?  Not sure if these were the same scale, but CMs came out with these a few years ago:

s-l400.jpg

So I think I got it now. If you subscribe from Hachette, you get some freebies along the way. This includes the pilot figures, some patches, magazine holding binders, and a custom parts carrier box. Additionally, if you "premium subscribe" (must start prior to week 5 for an extra 250 yen each week), you will get the display case at the end. This really appeals to me because I really like the build aspect yet exploits me by allowing for small commitments over time. :pardon:

Finished 1 and 2. Thought I would share in case anyone is thinking of picking it up. Most of the construction is press-fit and screws however the highly detailed items are glued in place. Bring patience and good eyesight.

20200222_201353.jpg

Edited by Navtek

I got those 2 volumes and I love the details. I would probably not finish the entire valkyrie, but I would be pleased to have the whole cockpit finished and display it like the CMs gashapon.

One thing I’m afraid not getting is the pilot. It is an extra that comes by subscribing and if I’m not mistaken, it won’t be offered in local stores or online.

2 hours ago, takatoys said:

I got those 2 volumes and I love the details. I would probably not finish the entire valkyrie, but I would be pleased to have the whole cockpit finished and display it like the CMs gashapon.

One thing I’m afraid not getting is the pilot. It is an extra that comes by subscribing and if I’m not mistaken, it won’t be offered in local stores or online.

Agree. You need to subscribe to get the figures. I created a Tenso account and subscribed starting with issue four. I have no idea if it will work. Honestly, entering the Tenso address in the Hachette app is a complete gamble. I hope I got close.  It looks like domestic shipping is free though, so only the EMS bill and Tenso fees to the US.

The printing on the Hachette paint seems more appropriate than the DX VF-1 which seems almost too much. Still love the DX though. 

Do be careful when assembling the outer body components. The body is all die cast and the paint WILL chip if you don’t ease the parts together with care. I have to say though, I’m hooked.