Hachette Collection 1/24 VF-1S (subscription collectable)

CF18

I sort of regret not getting Yamato.  Saw a few of the starter pieces for pretty cheap earlier this year when I was there....at least if I started, I'd have to finish it.

• 1 month later...

The way these things usually go:

There's like a "teaser" release in a few shops/towns.  First 4 packs or so.  Depending on how those sell, they will decide if they're going to "really release it, for real, en-masse".   And there can be a BIG gap between teaser release, and full release.  

And even when/if it does fully release---it'll take well over a year, and likely two, for it to finish.  

So I'd suspect, right now, a FEW places in Japan might have a FEW issues for sale.  But not many places. 

3 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

(...)

So I'd suspect, right now, a FEW places in Japan might have a FEW issues for sale.  But not many places. 

Very few (if it's anything like the Daegostini rerelease of Macross Chronicle).

So far, I have yet to find any copies in any of the local bookstores (just like MC, the eastern part of Osaka Prefecture isn't part of their test area).

On 10/2/2019 at 12:27 AM, MechTech said:

That's also a long time to wait on building up your kit. Then you hope the company doesn't fold after your kit is halfway done. - MT

Usually these kind of companies don't fold. Their business model is entirely based on ensuring customers are ensnared in it and pay lots of money for something that should not cost that much...ever.

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed it shouldn't cost so much.  But SO MUCH is wasted on packaging/materials for each piece.  I'd say the Yamato is definitely a $1K+ kit even if it was in a single box.  Just so much diecast and very limited release.  I'm over 1/3 completed now and she certainly is a beauty.  Still need to have a couple hours to fix a couple small things.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, peter said:

I'm wondering though, Roy's in his DYRL flight suit, but Roy's 1S never appeared without the Strike pack in DYRL right?

There is a picture of the Strike VF-1S but I can’t read Japanese. Anyone know what it says?

896749C7-4454-4003-83AF-D5B9C0C9B767.jpeg

Edited by nightmareB4macross

On 10/3/2019 at 1:26 PM, easnoddy said:

The Yamato is about $110 shipped for 4 kits a month (buying 2 at a time).  Total cost over 110 weeks (2 years and 6 weeks): $3000

So about $1300 a year.  Mind you, 1/3 of what you're paying for is shipping.  Mine is about 1/3 built, and its VERY impressive thus far.

Check out this test someone did thus far: 

You must be shipping via EMS?
I'm shipping via SAL and my calculations show total cost for the Yamato at $2172.5 / 4 issues shipped per month to LA, Calif
Just hope nothing gets lost using SAL, so far I have been lucky ^_^

19 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

For those of you who bought into this kit...will you be removing the seem from the canopy?

It’s hard to see from this picture but when you see the video the seems really stands out.

CB68953C-E643-4836-8507-89979A87BB0A.jpeg

Canopy seam removal instructions courtesy of a step-by-step build guide for the 1/72 Atmospheric Booster done by master modeler @wm cheng:

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this listing on HLJ. First magazine is up for preorder, containing the build instructions on DVD. And apparently yes, it is diecast. Dunno if that was a thing you all were wondering, but there you are.

According to the listing, parts will release weekly. I'm guessing HLJ and whatever other stores are selling this will have separate listings for those as well.

https://www.hlj.com/macross-vf-1-valkyrie-fighter-mode-diecast-gimmick-model-001-hsjvf1s001