[Netflix] Winx Club Live Action

Old_Nash

I've seen way more Winx club than anybody should be forced to, but hey, no one told me to have kids in the first place.  What follows is something I'd never thought I'd ever write up, but apparently has been brewing inside of me for a while.

Iginio Straffi and the Rainbow SpA company raise copying material from other shows to an art form. They seem to embody what HG wishes they could do, if the Agrama's ever gave them a budget to hire writers and artists.

HG, for all their lack of talent, could never actually create characters anyone cared about, stories that made any sort of sense, or actually have more than 2 or 3 episodes of anything animated, while the Winx club people actually have.  Seasons and seasons worth of it.  And straight to home video movies.  You cannot stop them!

They even have they're own art style, which I'll call Proto-Bratz, which they have stuck to and has served them well.

They have mined so heavily from Sailor Moon, Harry Potter, and Sentai series that it's hard to pick out what truly is original anymore, other than what you get is some weird "western" (more would it be more correctly Italian) riff on all anime tropes. 

The most recent example I've seen is a newer show on Netflix called Huntix - which seems to be a mash up of Pokemon/digimon/bakugan genre with Jojo's (minus the pizazz), if you can believe that.

I am at once in disbelief that a live action anything is being made from this.  But then again, in the age of streaming networks, there was no other logical conclusion.