Shoji Kawamori Interview from the TIA Macross Plus Movie Edition Book

yellowlightman

I recently published a translated version of Kawamori's interview in the This is Animation: Macross Plus Movie Edition book on Zimmerit.moe: 

http://www.zimmerit.moe/macross-plus-shoji-kawamori-interview/

AFAIK, this hasn't been translated into English prior. It includes some interesting insight into the creative process of Macross Plus (and 7) and Kawamori's thoughts on... Robocop. 

Excellent work, I love reading translated interviews!

I think the TIA editors made a mistake in that article. It says that Kawamori was born in Fukuyama prefecture, but at his panel at Otakon last year, Kawamori said that he was born in Toyama prefecture. I double-checked the panel's audio and he clearly says Toyama.

3 hours ago, TheLoneWolf said:

Excellent work, I love reading translated interviews!

I think the TIA editors made a mistake in that article. It says that Kawamori was born in Fukuyama prefecture, but at his panel at Otakon last year, Kawamori said that he was born in Toyama prefecture. I double-checked the panel's audio and he clearly says Toyama.

Great catch! I double-checked original Japanese text and it definitely said Toyama, so that mistake was on our end. I've fixed it in the article. Thanks for letting me know!

• 2 weeks later...