On 12/18/2019 at 3:41 PM, no3Ljm said:

I'm not sure if this has been posted to any Star Wars thread, but I think it's just proper to post it here.

Disney+ Obi-Wan Series starring Ewan McGregor.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/11/06/star-wars-everything-we-know-about-the-obi-wan-kenobi-series-on-disney-plus

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/46582-star-wars-disney-cassian-andor-series-and-obi-wan-kenobi-series/?tab=comments#comment-1457100

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My son and I just finished rewatching Rocketeer over Disney+. Would be nice though if Disney would make a new live mini-series of it. I don't mind if they do CGI as long that it's based on the 1930's setting like this.

What's funny is that, when I was looking for the video I posted above, I just found out that Disney really actually made a Rocketeer series over at Disney Junior late last year. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't really regret signing up for Disney+, the Star Wars and Marvel stuff will come.  Plus it's great if you have kids; my 4 yo loves Doc McStuffins and Winnie the Pooh.

Netflix is the one streaming service I'm most likely to drop.  Yeah, Stranger Things and BoJack Horseman are good and all, but Netflix has been so focused on original content (which, be honest, are a few gems in a sea of crap).  And there's a couple of shows like Futurama and Archer that I are like comfort food, I can watch them again and again if there's nothing else on.  A lot of those sorts of shows left Netflix, forcing me to finally sign up for Hulu.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I think Netflix and Disney+ both have their place. It's just that Disney+ is playing catch up, which is understandable.

The one company that has me taking a double take with its SVD services is WarnerMedia under AT&T. I already parted ways with my RoosterTeeth First subscription. I'm toying with the idea of giving up on Crunchyroll too, which is a bit depressing. That service introduced me to a lot of good anime over the years, but CR's parent company doesn't seem to be interested in improving the platform with things like HBO Max taking center stage now.

Perhaps I'll signup for D+ once a year for a month to catch up.  Muppets I'm interested in as well as Mandolorian and Clone Wars stuff.  The reality show junk I can probably do without unless it actually focuses on the STUFF instead of the actor.  Pawn Stars and such were unwatchable due to the crap about the "actors" - I don't give a rip about them.

19 hours ago, technoblue said:

I'm toying with the idea of giving up on Crunchyroll too, which is a bit depressing. That service introduced me to a lot of good anime over the years

Look into VRV if it's in your area. Has Crunchyroll, HiDive and RoosterTeeth for the cost of just one of those services. Plus half a dozen more channels.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...