Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Man that trailer reeks of the production trouble they've had making this.

"We're behind schedule and don't have a proper trailer so here's some BTS mixed with random shots of the Jamaican night life brought to you the Jamaican Tourism Board featuring new 007 and Felix Leiter!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Mr Bond, no time for death."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks like a trailer for a "Making of" featurette, not a movie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't we already GET a bond in Jamaica with a lot of weird voodoo type stuff back in the Roger Moore days? Keep bond in England/Europe/Russia or somewhere. (No offense meant to any Jamaicans here).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Didn't we already GET a bond in Jamaica with a lot of weird voodoo type stuff back in the Roger Moore days? Keep bond in England/Europe/Russia or somewhere. (No offense meant to any Jamaicans here).

Bond is just about always in multiple locations throughout the movies, IIRC.

There's a more official IMAX announcement trailer here;

 

 

That other behind-the-scenes/whatever video looks like just that, and fan-made at best.

-b.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh man, that was bad.  I mean really terrible.  

Wasn't Dr. No in Jamaica too?  Or parts of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't DC say there was no way in hell he would do another Bond flick..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Didn't DC say there was no way in hell he would do another Bond flick..?

Sean Connery said the same once... that's how we got Never Say Never Again, literally.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bolt said:

Didn't DC say there was no way in hell he would do another Bond flick..?

Never underestimate the power of a fat payout dangled in front of a person's face to make one's convictions melt like a Popsicle on the sidewalk in mid August in Arizona. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought I had read the same. And that "they" were gonna go with an female non white bond...guess that died quick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mechaninac said:

Never underestimate the power of a fat payout dangled in front of a person's face to make one's convictions melt like a Popsicle on the sidewalk in mid August in Arizona. 

And "Cowboys vs Aliens" in case you have forgotten - which most have.  (except those looking to see what kind of box office to expect with him NOT in a Bond picture)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, derex3592 said:

I thought I had read the same. And that "they" were gonna go with an female non white bond...guess that died quick. 

Yes, it was announced that British actress Lashana Lynch, most here will know her from Captain Marvel;

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2736476/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

The new Bond is still listed on her credits as well. Sorry to disappoint any who wanted things to remain homogeneous (not saying that's you @derex3592).

Either way, an official announcement trailer says literally nothing about the movie, it's story, locations or actors.

Re: Craig, I'm pretty sure he said he had (1) more Bond in him and that he was ready to move on.

-b.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bolt said:

Didn't DC say there was no way in hell he would do another Bond flick..?

Seriously. Who can say NO to money? :rolleyes:

source.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hehe, i liked Cowboys and Aliens. And Ford was great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, this is DC's last outing.  Great.  Hope it goes out on a high note.

I rebel at the thought of James Bond not being a womanizing white dude.  I'm sorry, stop trying to change the character of Bond to suit the modern sensibility, it's like the idea of gay Bond, or trans Bond, or animal fetish Bond, it just doesn't fit the character, if Hollywood wants to do one of those movies, go ahead, just don't use the Bond name. 

Were they going to call this new one, the transgender Bond?  Or the sensitive Bond? Just to broaden their reach.  Hello Bond, glad to see you got your balls cut off, I suppose at least that the rope to the balls trick won't work any more.... was that what you were thinking too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

DC is listed to play Bond. Perhaps Bond will hand over the baton to a new 007.. or another Bond..:spiteful:

 

Umm, not sure the pendulum is gonna swing way over to gay or trans bond.  I'm also not sure how a non white womanizing  Bond is comparable to animal fetish Bond (or any of those other labels). There are black and brown men in England too, that can get the job done..

Edited by Bolt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I don't care about the skin color of Bond, but going over to a female Bond is just ridiculous.  If they want to make a womanizing female Bond, there is actually a title for that one, it's called Atomic Blonde, and I found that very entertaining.  And it was relatively original for Hollywood (since they at least adapted it from a book) 

As for gay Bond, remember, there was talk some years ago about that, right between the second and the third DC Bond I think.  Then they threw in the innuendo in the third DC Bond film, but at least that was done in a reasonable fashion, because it felt like psychological warfare, rather than to deliberate forced focus on sex.  Heck, if they wanted to do that, they could've had Bond oggling Q, or M (Ralph Finnes, not Judy Dench).  But then, you'd just have the equivalent of Kevin Spacey in MI6.

Edited by kalvasflam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now i have to go check out Atomic Blonde...:ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kalvasflam said:

So, this is DC's last outing.  Great.  Hope it goes out on a high note.

I rebel at the thought of James Bond not being a womanizing white dude.  I'm sorry, stop trying to change the character of Bond to suit the modern sensibility, it's like the idea of gay Bond, or trans Bond, or animal fetish Bond, it just doesn't fit the character, if Hollywood wants to do one of those movies, go ahead, just don't use the Bond name. 

Were they going to call this new one, the transgender Bond?  Or the sensitive Bond? Just to broaden their reach.  Hello Bond, glad to see you got your balls cut off, I suppose at least that the rope to the balls trick won't work any more.... was that what you were thinking too?

 

1 hour ago, kalvasflam said:

I don't care about the skin color of Bond, but going over to a female Bond is just ridiculous.  If they want to make a womanizing female Bond, there is actually a title for that one, it's called Atomic Blonde, and I found that very entertaining.  And it was relatively original for Hollywood (since they at least adapted it from a book) 

As for gay Bond, remember, there was talk some years ago about that, right between the second and the third DC Bond I think.  Then they threw in the innuendo in the third DC Bond film, but at least that was done in a reasonable fashion, because it felt like psychological warfare, rather than to deliberate forced focus on sex.  Heck, if they wanted to do that, they could've had Bond buys oggling Q, or M (Ralph Finnes, not Judy Dench).  But then, you'd just have the equivalent of Kevin Spacey in MI6.

 

And if they do, so what? Just don't support the movie with your dollars. Re-watch any of other TWENTY-FOUR other 007 flicks. 

Honestly, this whole trend of "don't touch "my" *insert* character is old. And of course the counter argument of "how would you like it if X ethnic minority, different sex, different sexual orientation, etc. character was changed" is old too.

Let other people from other walks of life have representation, there's literally nothing wrong with that. There will always, always be tons of representation of the typical male protagonist.  

 

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

DC is listed to play Bond. Perhaps Bond will hand over the baton to a new 007.. or another Bond..:spiteful:

 

Umm, not sure the pendulum is gonna swing way over to gay or trans bond.  I'm also not sure how a non white womanizing  Bond is comparable to animal fetish Bond (or any of those other labels). There are black and brown men in England too, that can get the job done..

Exactly.

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

Now i have to go check out Atomic Blonde...:ph34r:

You totally should, I loved that movie and Charlize Theron kicked ass in it. The soundtrack was a nice touch too.

-b.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha, that’s because the songs in the soundtrack all comes from the 80s.  Appropriate for the period piece.  That was a fairly entertaining movie all things considered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kalvasflam said:

Ha, that’s because the songs in the soundtrack all comes from the 80s.  Appropriate for the period piece.  That was a fairly entertaining movie all things considered.

Very much agreed.

-b.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2019 at 11:55 PM, kalvasflam said:

I don't care about the skin color of Bond, but going over to a female Bond is just ridiculous.  If they want to make a womanizing female Bond, there is actually a title for that one, it's called Atomic Blonde, and I found that very entertaining.  And it was relatively original for Hollywood (since they at least adapted it from a book) 

As for gay Bond, remember, there was talk some years ago about that, right between the second and the third DC Bond I think.  Then they threw in the innuendo in the third DC Bond film, but at least that was done in a reasonable fashion, because it felt like psychological warfare, rather than to deliberate forced focus on sex.  Heck, if they wanted to do that, they could've had Bond oggling Q, or M (Ralph Finnes, not Judy Dench).  But then, you'd just have the equivalent of Kevin Spacey in MI6.

Bond is a Codename  not a gender or behavior. Besides, there have already been female Bond's, check out the 60's Casino Royal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Keith said:

Bond is a Codename  not a gender or behavior. Besides, there have already been female Bond's, check out the 60's Casino Royal.

I know it may not be a popular opinion but I'd like to see other 00's and/or other in-canon individuals use the 007/Bond identity.

While up until the 2000's and perhaps the Daniel Craig series I think it made sense to have the character rebooted, I'm now going on my 6th actor in the same roll which roughly rehashed either the same novels or blended the plots into slight variations.

If they do intend to portray the same character again, I say it's better to let the 007/Bond field lie fallow a generation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Keith said:

Bond is a Codename  not a gender or behavior. Besides, there have already been female Bond's, check out the 60's Casino Royal.

While the Codename part may be true you really can't reference a Parody as your evidence.  Otherwise we should all be demanding to see Yogurt and Barf in Episode 9.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Mommar said:

While the Codename part may be true you really can't reference a Parody as your evidence.  Otherwise we should all be demanding to see Yogurt and Barf in Episode 9.

to be honest, any toon from Space Balls might be enough to save the franchise at this point... hell, i'll take CREEPIO at this rate.

derp.

Edited by TehPW
totally wrong thread...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

I still hadn't seen the last Bond film, oh well.

You didn't miss anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree. While the first three movies(Casino Royale, Quantum of solace and Skyfall) were very good Spectre was a complete letdown. Not only it lost that gritty and realistic feeling they were able to build in the previous releases but it was almost an insult to the Bond character since they changed the origin that was told in the original material, just to make it "more personal". I don't think it was needed. Still looking forward to this though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

I still hadn't seen the last Bond film, oh well.

To me, Daniel Craig's tenure as James Bond as a whole has felt eminently skippable.

They're just... dull.  Craig's Bond is just an utterly generic grizzled American action hero, who makes a few (incredibly forced) attempts to ape the dry wit and class of previous Bonds with little success because the actor has exactly one facial expression... staring into the middle distance like he can't remember if he left the oven on.  Casino Royale is supposed to be a Bond origin story, but it removes so much of what makes film Bond iconic that it would probably be better if you took the James Bond name off of it altogether.

I'll probably get No Time to Die when it hits home video, but I plan on skipping it in theaters as I did with Skyfall and Spectre.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...