Questions About VF-25F Tornado 1/60 DX Alto

sqidd

As I understand it, the DX Chogokin VF-25 toys had both an initial version and a much more sought after Renewal version.

The Renewal version made a number of improvements over the initial version.... something which Anymoon.com does go into detail outlining.  

The Tornado VF-25 toys are grouped into the initial version category.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

7 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

There's a V1 Tornado pack, which includes both the valkyrie and the tornado parts.

For the V2 you need the stand-alone VF-25F Alto and the separately sold Tornado pack add-on.

Here's the Tornado pack for the VF-25G as reference.

Ahhh, so the combo pack I'm seeing for cheap is a Ver 1? I guess that's why it's so cheap.

Thanks!

Admittedly, i've only transformed my V1 Alto Tornado Once and played/posed it a few times. But I've never had any issues with breakage on ANY of my V1's. Improved sculpt, holding together better in battroid, better, extended neck.. All true on the V2's. And more i'm not remembering right now. I don't recall the V'1's having a strong breakage trend, like the 171's. Do they really deserve to be generalized like that?

12 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

After just putting a V1 and a V2 on display, and sticking on the tornado packs to both: the V2 is vastly improved, both in how everything attaches and how well it holds together.

Plus getting the legs settled properly is way easier.

Agreed.  The V2 w/ Tornado packs is much, much better than V1 in almost every single way.  Still, in jet mode, the V1 tornado isn't the most terrible thing ever.  I love the tornado packs :)

I have one huge problem with the V1 Tornado in jet mode. The weight is so far back that the front part of the stand (that latches on under the cockpit) will disconnect from the support arm at the drop of a hat, and then the whole thing slides off the back of the stand. The V2 does not have this issue.

The only issue with the V2 tornado packs is that the wing boosters are pretty heavy and will sag in fighter mode. This can be fixed by gluing a piece of plastic on the inside of the boosters. @Saburo posted this fix way back when, with pictures showing exactly where to glue. (I've applied the fix on my tornado packs and it works like a charm!)

I am unable to search for that particular post at this time. 

I managed to find a new, unopened tornado pack for the VF-25G at Jungle last Feb.  The only issue I had with it was when I put it on the first time and tabbed the leg armour into the wings, it snapped the tab on the wing root completely off.  The fit of the tab into the hole on the leg armour was super tight, much tighter than on the super and full armour sets.  I'd grab a picture but I rotated out my VF-25s into storage.

Sigh... all this talk of Tornado parts got me watching the Macross Fronier movies to see them in action.

Honestly, I am not a big fan of the movies or the Tornado parts.

Regarding the former, I prefer the TV series in telling a more flushed out story.

Regarding the latter, I don't understand why Alto alone gets use of the Tornado parts in the first movie when every other VF-25 uses either Armored or Super parts. Just feels weird to me.  Plus he goes charging in at the Vajra firing his gun pod but not the Tornado part cannons? 

image.png.679fd9ed829b207d0dd372e60dbf6453.png

It is almost as if they took the TV animation and re-rendered  it to include Tornado parts, but frequently forgot to take advantage of them. For much of the time, it felt like it was impossible for a gun pod and Tornado cannons to be fired at the same time. 

Anyways... as much as I felt like the 2 movie were just so-so and nowhere near as good as the TV series, I was amused that the Avengers Endgame stole the "portals" scene from the second Macross Frontier

image.png.30c3be61ea2a3c0d8cd81a9946e381b5.png

image.png.353aa0d6dd0fc97c9eeaaa335a0e6e57.png

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

11 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Funny enough, the pictures worked fine for me, browsing on my tablet with javascript off.

So apparently broken photobucket embeds will still work with javascript turned off.

I had forgotten that I had those on Photobucket, I stopped using them when they changed their policies and constantly bugging you to pay to upgrade.

I am glad you were able to see the pics, by passing Photobucket JavaScript.   I have fixed the photos which are now saved onto MWF.

25 minutes ago, Saburo said:

I had forgotten that I had those on Photobucket, I stopped using them when they changed their policies and constantly bugging you to pay to upgrade.

I am glad you were able to see the pics, by passing Photobucket JavaScript.   I have fixed the photos which are now saved onto MWF.

Awesome! I should break my out of storage and show off the fix. :D