[Netflix] Masters of the Universe: Revelation

Old_Nash

• Old_Nash changed the title to [Netflix] Masters of the Universe: Revelation

I hope it connects in some way to the new She-Ra and has a similar depth of story telling. 

The oingoing 2012 DC comic does a good job of paying homage to and expanding on the original Filmation cartoon.

While the 2002 series wasn't bad, it didn't seem to stoke my interest like the original or the new She-Ra does. While it fleshed out more backstory and developed characters, it kind of falls flat.  I'm not sure why. There was just something lacking.

For the hope of Grayskull, my augmented mechanical fingers are crossed.

Edited by Mazinger

• 5 months later...

Wait a minute.  Alan Oppenheimer is in this but NOT Skeletor?

I dunno what to think about that.

Hamil's Joker is my favorite version.

If there was another animated Batman series and Hamil was in it, but not the Joker, I'd be disappointed.

And Ileena the recovering addict is in this?!  I wonder if they'll revisit that.

Yea, find it weird that Openheimer is playing, but not skeletor.  It's like having Peter Cullen in TF, but he is playing only some random secondary autobot. I wonder if it is his age, and them wanting to do many seasons.

Anyways, will watch it for sure, as i do most Netflix produced cartoons, they are usually very VERY good. She Ra, Kipo, Voltron, Dragon Prince are the ones that come to mind hat have been amazing for me, and I am probably forgetting some.

Edit: Forgot Castlevania!!!

Edited by Arthurius

2 hours ago, Big s said:

I’m not expecting castlevania either, but something more than th average would be greatly appreciated 

It likely will likely be like most the other Netflix Cartoons (except Castlevania), ie be a bit more goofy the 1st season, just like She Ra (and the rest), and then a darker more mature theme by mid to end of Season 2, or by season 3, with some goofy here and there. 

Bring it on Netflix, i love many of your original cartoons!!!

I’ve said it here before, Netflix’s animated stuff has really been consistently good.

And the fact that they bring over so much anime is great. Really even if they didn’t do live action stuff, I’d probably still pay for them for their animated fair.

Now I need to finish the last eps if She-ra and get on that 2nd season of Castlevania.

• 1 year later...

I miss the old comics that came with the the first wave of figures.

But I really don’t have much nostalgia feels for the old cartoon.

13 minutes ago, Mog said:

I miss the old comics that came with the the first wave of figures.

But I really don’t have much nostalgia feels for the old cartoon.

Yeah!  I miss those old comics.  The covers for those were great.  Man I forgot all about those little comics.  Wish I had kept them.

43 minutes ago, Special Sauce said:

Yeah!  I miss those old comics.  The covers for those were great.  Man I forgot all about those little comics.  Wish I had kept them.

I never kept mine either, but I did buy that minicomic collection book that came out a little while back.

https://www.amazon.com/He-Man-Masters-Universe-Minicomic-Collection/dp/1616558776

The little comics had really cool artwork and for a kid they were a bit confusing because the story was so different than the show. Honestly the little comics may have had a better story, but I can’t really remember for sure. I just remember that it was different and I think it explained the sword of power better and why skeletor had half of it

1 hour ago, Big s said:

The little comics had really cool artwork and for a kid they were a bit confusing because the story was so different than the show. Honestly the little comics may have had a better story, but I can’t really remember for sure. I just remember that it was different and I think it explained the sword of power better and why skeletor had half of it

I agree, I remember the story in the comics being better also.  I did of course watch the tv show as a kid but the toys were what I really loved.

• 4 weeks later...