Jump to content

Arcadia 1/60 VF-4A ‘Flashback 2012’ Premium Finish


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

I'm not a fan of the VF-4 in Battroid or Gerwalk.

Nor was I, until I transformed mine for the first time...

508144924_sexyashell.jpg.b783e8b4e4f3dd3dc7c0a6dcb81d7b17.jpg

5 minutes ago, MKT said:

Battroid mode only works for me if it is in a floating or flying pose, and pretend that awkward kibble behind the shoulders and back is some sort of billowing cloak..

That's precisely why I love it.  :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Yeah I got an email saying they messed up and requested to pay the remaining balance. Lame.

I only paid the deposit directly with Arcadia... just saying...  :hi: 8)  :pardon:

Now... because I'm being snarky (albeit in jest) the Universe will be pissed, and Arcadia will probably drop my order because it's Tenso.  LOL :rofl:

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Hi, my name is sqidd and I'm a Macross-Holic.

I'm not a fan of the VF-4 in Battroid or Gerwalk. And Fighter is "ok" (all personal opinion of course). And I also don't have a good way to display it. My Hikaru shelf is chock full and I don't have any "random" shelves. Everything has a theme. In the case of Macross either by what show they're from or character (which is usually the same thing).

But my addiction addled brain keeps whispering to me "Get a couple. You know you want to. What if you regret it later? Everyone is doing it".:rofl:

Dude....this is me.  I just commented on TFW2005 board how "fugly" this Valk is (with the exception of Fighter IMO) and then 8 hours later when I saw they were releasing PF with panel lining, I was all like welllll maaaaaybeeee.... and put a deposit on one. HA

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, jeniusornome said:

I don’t think the PF Vf-0D was an Arcadia web exclusive though, was it?

Oh is the 4G?  I’m not keeping up. 
 

whoops sorry. 4A DYRL. 

Edited by ErikElvis
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just filled out the FromJapan form and they only asked me for the deposit as well.  I guess they'll want it in full here in a minute which I can't do right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I just filled out the FromJapan form and they only asked me for the deposit as well.  I guess they'll want it in full here in a minute which I can't do right now.

Unless somebody brings it to their attention. I'm just assuming that's what happened. 

Anyway, battroid is ugly. Roy's (non canon) version looks better than Hikaru's as the yellow and black makes it pop and the head design + antenna adds more character to it. Makes it look like a legit skull leader configuration whereas Hikaru's looks like a cannon fodder. 

Edited by crackpot
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2020 at 5:15 PM, Anasazi37 said:

My new stance on AE, after watching how they've treated a lot of MW members this year, is that I'll only go there if I have no other choice.

So..... I preordered from AE this morning. Should I not have?  Now I’m worried. I had a horrible experience with NY trying to get my DX Strike Parts so I vowed never again for them. Is AE just as bad?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sjoebarry said:

So..... I preordered from AE this morning. Should I not have?  Now I’m worried. I had a horrible experience with NY trying to get my DX Strike Parts so I vowed never again for them. Is AE just as bad?

If you were looking for the PF then you shouldn't have ordered from AE.  If you want the regular version, then AE is just fine; however, if you're in the States, they don't have a way to deliver it to you currently with the JapanPost suspension.

Link to post
Share on other sites

All Arcadia PF releases have been web exclusives so far, except for the PF VE-1. On flip side, the VE-1 did not have a normal version under Arcadia.

Some of them feel like normal releases, because more retailers seem to carry these PF valks as compared to Bandai's web exclusives.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

If you were looking for the PF then you shouldn't have ordered from AE.  If you want the regular version, then AE is just fine; however, if you're in the States, they don't have a way to deliver it to you currently with the JapanPost suspension.

CRAP!  Well if its not being released until what December at best i guess maybe things will be better by then?  Didn't want the PF so at least i got that goin' for me

Edited by sjoebarry
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, totallyjem said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how long is the pre-order window? Waiting for my cc statement to roll over on the 5th if I can...

Probably be available at and after release for MSRP, same as all the other Arcadia releases. Might even go on sale, though I somewhat doubt it (only some of the VF-1 figures really went on sale).

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Probably be available at and after release for MSRP, same as all the other Arcadia releases. Might even go on sale, though I somewhat doubt it (only some of the VF-1 figures really went on sale).

Well, not saying this Hikaru-4A will, but one can always hope since the Arcadia VF-4G did go down to around 17k-yen at hlj back in the day...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/43044-160-perfect-transform-vf-4g-lightning-reissue/?do=findComment&comment=1283537

On 6/12/2016 at 6:15 PM, Cesar Enrique said:

I´m glad I didn´t buy this before at full price... 35% off offer in HLJ

http://hlj.com/product/ACA82127

 

 

 

Edited by treatment
Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the email from  FromJapan.  looks like its a win win.  I agreed to continue the purchase and they will charge me the extra amount in the second charge, when the product arrives.  So I have a reprieve for the PF cost till Feb 2021. I only needed to pay the deposit.

frmJapan.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

I pre-ordered the regular through HLJ, but I keep thinking about the PF version. I'm having a hard time understanding what types of fees FromJapan adds on top. Can someone please let me know how much they are tacking onto the 38,280 retail cost of the VF-4?

Thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, ordering via FromJapan you will have to pay:

  • Service fee. Either ¥300 for basic, or ¥700 if you want "protection", I.E. they will help if the item isn't as described. Latter mostly for auctions.
  • Domestic Shipping
  • International Shipping
  • Prices you pay will include Japanese domestic tax (10%, included in MSRP), HLJ and such don't charge this tax as they sell to foreigners
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

However, HLJ (and any other retailer) will sell at a mark-up over the Arcadia web price because, well, they're a business and they're trying to make money.

Sometimes, usually they'll sell at or a bit below MSRP (taking off the 10% tax). Markdowns seem more likely to happen with Arcadia valks than Bandai DX Chogokins.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Sometimes, usually they'll sell at or a bit below MSRP (taking off the 10% tax). Markdowns seem more likely to happen with Arcadia valks than Bandai DX Chogokins.

I haven't seen HLJ list a PF at a discount until they went on sale much later. Usually it's web + 10% to start.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

However, HLJ (and any other retailer) will sell at a mark-up over the Arcadia web price because, well, they're a business and they're trying to make money.

This is definitely untrue. For example, Arcadia lists the 0D PF as 44990Y and I purchased it from NY for 43800Y.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

This is definitely untrue. For example, Arcadia lists the 0D PF as 44990Y and I purchased it from NY for 43800Y.

NY just makes up the difference by gouging you on shipping and making you wait weeks or months to ship. I don't count NY as a normal retailer anyway. They're scalpers with a store front,

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lolicon said:

NY just makes up the difference by gouging you on shipping and making you wait weeks or months to ship. I don't count NY as a normal retailer anyway. They're scalpers with a store front,

Not gonna argue with you on this one but FWIW, mine was shipped before other retailers were even charging for it and I'm sure I paid less than any other shop for shipping since they offer ferry and most other shops don't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, jenius said:

I haven't seen HLJ list a PF at a discount until they went on sale much later. Usually it's web + 10% to start.

Yeah, for PF HLJ doesn't mark down, at all. I was talking about normal Arcadia releases.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some recent Premium Finish pricing at HLJ ;)

 

MACROSS ZERO: VF-0D PHOENIX PREMIUM FINISH Msrp = 44990 yen  HLJ = 49600 yen 

SDF-1 MACROSS PREMIUM FINISH (MACROSS: DO YOU REMEMBER LOVE?) MSRP = 54780 yen   HLJ = 61005 yen

MACROSS ZERO VF-0S PHOENIX TRANSFORMABLE PREMIUM FINISH VER. MSRP = 42680 yen.  HLJ = 47045 yen

VF-1S STRIKE VALKYRIE ROY FOCKER SPECIAL PREMIUM FINISH VER. MSRP = 28380 yen     HLJ = 31007 yen

VF-1J VALKYRIE MAXIMILIAN JENIUS TYPE WITH SUPER PARTS PREMIUM FINISH VER. MSRP=28380 yen   HLJ = 31283 yen

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Not gonna argue with you on this one but FWIW, mine was shipped before other retailers were even charging for it and I'm sure I paid less than any other shop for shipping since they offer ferry and most other shops don't.

I think you and I and maybe others have saved the most money over several years using cheapest shipping while still ending up receiving all items in good condition.  The total of all that extra money goes to more toys or it makes the items that were bought to become much cheaper priced.

Link to post
Share on other sites

NY being the only retailer that have managed to list Arcadia web exclusives cheaper than MSRP is an anomaly.

Even if factoring shipping price gouge, it hardly makes up for the discount. 

I can only think they could have a backdoor deal with Arcadia for bulk purchase discount, not unlike normal releases. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

That can be a tough call, but in the end, only you can say which choice is worth it for you.

Personally, it was an easy choice for me. I'd rather save some money and decal up the 4A myself, which would be mostly the No Step's, BoB's, and some other standard small print stuff since all the major markings appear to already be included on the regular version. I can probably do a better job doing the panel lining than some random factory worker also. I wasn't satisfied with either the panel lining or the weathering on the PF 0D and wished it just came with all the tampo printing instead.

Edited by MacrossJunkie
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...