Arcadia 1/60 VF-4A ‘Flashback 2012’ Premium Finish & Regular Release

no3Ljm

【Notice】 "Complete transformation VF-4A Lightning" that started reservation today in general hobby distribution Ⅲ Ichijo Kagayaki boarding machine", but we are planning to make a reservation for "Premium Finish version" at our online shop. We will announce it as soon as it starts, so please wait a little longer.

【Notice】 "Complete transformation VF-4A Lightning Ⅲ "Premium Finish Edition" will start to be reserved at our online shop from around 17:00 today. Thank you for your cooperation.

IMG_20200803_004605.jpg.53985b37c388431a3300c0ed7b5a459d.jpg

https://twitter.com/ARCADIA_Co_Ltd/status/1290154441945919489?s=20

Edited by F360

https://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?product_id=302

1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-4A Lightning Ⅲ Kazuki Ichijo Boarding Machine Premiumu Finish

Scheduled to be released in February 2021

*This product is a pre-sale product.
This price is a reservation fee and the product list price is 38,280 yen (tax included) 

Commercialized VF-4 that appeared in "Macross Flash Back 2012" released in 1987.
The aircraft is deployed on the ultra-long-distance migrant ship "Megaroad-01", and the passengers are Kazuki Ichijo.

As a product, it can be changed into 3 forms and can also be attached to a stand sold separately.
"Premium u Finish" is a specification that the whole is inked and the parts are marked by tampo printing.

Although there is no external armament in the aircraft setting, movable hand parts and VF-1 gun pod (GU-11) are included.
Can be held in the hand.

■Materials: ABS, POM, zinc alloy, etc.

■Product size: Overall length about 290mm when fighting

■Package form: Closed box

■Package size: 300 X 370 X 140 (mm)

■Accessories: Pilot figure/movable hand parts/
Attachment for stand/gun pod/instruction manual

The PF looks good and all, even looks like they did a nice job on the panel lining.

That said, I'm not in love with the VF-4 enough to shell an additional $120 (incl shipping), plus proxy fees, to go for the PF this time around.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

5 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I figure I need one for my 1/60 VF-0 to VF-31 lineup. Still need a 4, a 9 (the VF-9 kit is still in the mail system), and a 17.

I get that. Having all of the VF's would be really cool!

The question is how to display them. All in fighter> All in Gerwalk (who would do that?!):p All in Battroid or some sort of mixture.

Ideally I would think a wall cabinet about 15' x 12" x 12" so they could all be limed up in one continuous display would be the cats hind quarters. That would be epic!

Are you limiting it to VF's only? Excluding VT's, VE's, YF's, etc?

Edited by sqidd

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

That said, I'm not in love with the VF-4 enough to shell an additional $120 (incl shipping), plus proxy fees, to go for the PF this time around.

Arcadia's only asking ¥5500 extra for the premium finish...  Seems like a no-brainer to me.  :huh:

1 hour ago, F360 said:

■Product size: Overall length about 290mm when fighting

Ah, but how much longer is it when engaged in diplomacy?  :unknw:

17 minutes ago, tekering said:

Arcadia's only asking ¥5500 extra for the premium finish...  Seems like a no-brainer to me.  :huh:

Ah, but how much longer is it when engaged in diplomacy?  :unknw:

Diplomacy is probably not as exciting so it will most likely be shorter.  :D  .  Like when getting out of the pool !?? :ph34r:

I don’t think Yamato or Arcadia has ever released a figure that didn’t include a pilot. Is there a reason you all are thinking this one wouldn’t have one? It’d be strange if it didn’t. 

edit - the HLJ listing even explicitly states a pilot is included. (As should be expected).

Edited by jeniusornome

14 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Already ordered a PF version. Might keep my standard AJ order to tinker with.

Yeah I’m going to order a PF and keep the regular finish from AJ. I really like the vf-4 so I’m happy to get both. 

The PF looks nice.

However, meh. 

It should've been standard and not be an additional 5500y webshop/japanese-only exclusive.

Arcadia opting for exclusives-profits instead of volume-profits is always a rather bizarre business-decision to me with their already pricey toys.

Oh, well. 

:unknw:

35 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

As someone who panel lined his own Yamato VF-4 many years ago, take my advice, pay the extra money for the Premium version if you want panel lines along with all the nice Tampo. 

Yeah, taking into account how much time it takes to panel and decal up a VF-4 (having done it myself), I'd rather just pay the extra money. My time is more valuable than that these days.

9 minutes ago, treatment said:

The PF looks nice.

However, meh. 

It should've been standard and not be an additional 5500y webshop/japanese-only exclusive.

Arcadia opting for exclusives-profits instead of volume-profits is always a rather bizarre business-decision to me with their already pricey toys.

Oh, well. 

:unknw:

Ask Yamato how the volume-profits model worked out for them. :p

7 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Yeah, taking into account how much time it takes to panel and decal up a VF-4 (having done it myself), I'd rather just pay the extra money. My time is more valuable than that these days.

Ask Yamato how the volume-profits model worked out for them. :p

Heh!

We may jest about it, but it really ain't the reason why Yamato-Toys went under. 

Pure conjecture, but I believe their VF-1 volume-profits model was actually their only successful venture and the only one that had kept them afloat amongst their various non-profitting lines...

:5:

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Speaking of panel lining, I wonder if Arcadia has improved the panel lines on the toy. I kind of feel like they would have had to. The original VF-4G release had so many shallow panel lines that you couldn't really panel line it normally. It was hard to even see some. If they expect factory workers to do the panel liningproperly, I'd think they would need to make the panel lines deeper.

7 hours ago, tekering said:

Eh, it works out closer to $120, when I consider that the pre-order from Amazon Japan is ¥33,011 shipped, whereas ordering the PF from Arcadia thru a proxy (or via Tenso) is ¥38,280 before proxy fees or domestic/international shipping.

7 hours ago, sqidd said:

I get that. Having all of the VF's would be really cool!

The question is how to display them. All in fighter> All in Gerwalk (who would do that?!):p All in Battroid or some sort of mixture.

Ideally I would think a wall cabinet about 15' x 12" x 12" so they could all be limed up in one continuous display would be the cats hind quarters. That would be epic!

Are you limiting it to VF's only? Excluding VT's, VE's, YF's, etc?

I'd go with a chronological display of Fighter mode, and the only YF models I'd include would be the ones that varied significantly from the production version (so just the YF-19).

18 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Got payment request from my proxy; they only charged me for the deposit which is nice. 

That pleasantly surprised me too. I had to pay the full amount up front last time.

It seems likely HLJ will carry the PF as well as the regular version. I think they did with everything else

Edited by Corrinald

14 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Just copy the web address of the Arcadia page for ordering, and paste it into the search bar on your proxy of choice (FromJapan, DeJapan, Buyee, etc...)

Ah seems like Buyee doesnt work with this site. Guess I'll have to do the ID verification with Tenso...

13 hours ago, treatment said:

so, to recap so far for the non-PF version:

hlj is at 29,800y  (which is msrp, i think) (shipping unknown)

ae is at 28,310y  (shipping unknown)

amj is at 28,343y (as of this posting) (shipping is dhl 3211y placeholder (usually 1600y) )

ami == ?   31,100y (shipping unknown)

hs == ?

cdj == ?

update:

hs == 28,310y (Shipping unknown)

Still not listed on CDJ as of this posting.

No, i'm deliberately not listing n-y.

Not posting any links on any, either. 

Let the scalpers figure 'em out if they're interested.

10 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I don’t think it’s available at the normal retailers. I ordered via proxy (e.g ZenMarket, buyee)

I've never done either proxy nor via Tenso directly so I don't understand what you're supposed to enter where in order to order direct.