Arcadia 1/60 VF-4A ‘Flashback 2012’ Premium Finish & Regular Release

no3Ljm

12 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Smearing panel lines? WTF are you blubbering about? You know they dry the panel wash BEFORE shipping out the toy, right? :p

If you don't like the way it looks, that's fine. But don't make up non-complaints to justify your position. There's no need to justify anything. If you don't like it, you don't like it.

The DX feels pretty cheap to me when the tampo printing starts rubbing off with only light handling. :p

Hey, maybe I just have greasy fingers, but yeah, I have smeared tampo edges before just from handling. :p  Could also just be badly applied, but hard to say.

I agree though, it's a goofy argument now that I think about it, since the paint will all be recessed anyway.  I'm not a fan of excess paint applications on transforming stuff because of the potential to scratch during transformations, but it shouldn't be a problem with panel lining.

Edited by Chronocidal

2 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Hey, maybe I just have greasy fingers, but yeah, I have smeared tampo edges before just from handling. :p  Could also just be badly applied, but hard to say.

I agree though, it's a goofy argument now that I think about it, since the paint will all be recessed anyway.  I'm not a fan of excess paint applications on transforming stuff because of the potential to scratch during transformations, but it shouldn't be a problem with panel lining.

If you get on the buy three (or four so you have an "extra") you don't have to worry about that stuff. Transform two of them once with gloves on and display. Problem solved. You're welcome.:rolleyes::D

36 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Maybe it's in how I tried to articulate my opinion.

The pictures make the 4A look cheap, like someone took a mechanical pencil and traced the lines. The pictures don't convey "Premium", they convey lazy Sunday afternoon with a toy and a pencil and/or Gundam marker.

The Premium 1S isn't panel lined and it looks good. The DX 48 has markings out the wazoo (too many), no panel lines and it looks good. This? Looks cheap.

-b.

I complained about this earlier in the thread. I don’t think the premium looks so hot. 

1 hour ago, ErikElvis said:

I complained about this earlier in the thread. I don’t think the premium looks so hot. 

I'm kinda hoping this drives the used market for the Yammie VF-4G down... I have two of the HMR FB2012 VF-4's... don't really need another in that scheme... but I do always need more VF-4 in general!

Never had any issues with tampo printing from Yamato or Arcadia. Bandai is another story. Sv-262 wings anyone?

The only panel washed item from Arcadia that I've gotten is the PF SDF-1, which is topcoated, so smearing anything has not been an issue.

Not trying to give you a hard time @Chronocidal. Just don't want anyone unfamiliar with such things to think that a panel washed VF-4 is going to smear all over the place if they touch it. :p

18 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Pretty much this, yes.  It looks cheaply done, partially because you can see where they just slapped stickers on it, and partially because the "weathering" looks dirt cheap compared to the work they put into the PF VF-0D.

I'm just really not interested in the PF version.  I don't care for panel lining in general, and would rather not have to worry about smearing it when handling the toy.  I'm really happy that I don't have to pay extra for a feature I don't want, just to get a FB2012 version of the VF-4.

In this case I might actually prefer a regular (not blank like what's been shown) release than the Premium.

18 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Smearing panel lines? WTF are you blubbering about? You know they dry the panel wash BEFORE shipping out the toy, right? :p

If you don't like the way it looks, that's fine. But don't make up non-complaints to justify your position. There's no need to justify anything. If you don't like it, you don't like it.

The DX feels pretty cheap to me when the tampo printing starts rubbing off with only light handling. :p

That's interesting, I've handled all of my DX's more often than I normally handle my toys and I haven't noticed that happening. Bummer if it does happen.

18 hours ago, ErikElvis said:

Honestly for me it's just about the look of what's been shown so far. I've always been a die-hard supporter of Yamato and Arcadia buying, most (not all) of their releases. Including Premium Roy 1S, Premium Elint, Premium Max and Milia, Premium 0S and 0D (that's already paid for via N-Y).

And I'll probably get this one, I just hope that Arcadia improves the look. And if not, no skin off of my nose. I won't spam the thread with hatred, disdain or complaints, I just won't buy it lol.

-b.

22 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Not trying to give you a hard time @Chronocidal. Just don't want anyone unfamiliar with such things to think that a panel washed VF-4 is going to smear all over the place if they touch it. :p

Oh, no, I get you entirely, don't worry. :good: 

And you're right, Bandai's tampo really is all over the place.  It just seems to peel off on its own sometimes, especially on those early VF-25 releases.  I forget where I got the impression that weathering/panel-lining from Yamato/Arcadia would wear off, but it might have been a comment about the early 1/48 weathered releases.  The PF SDF-1 is definitely top-coated nicely.

On 2/10/2020 at 3:01 PM, valhary said:

more pics!

also if someone can translated would be appreciated

EQTisKbU0AIRjda.jpg

EQTirlPUEAEWumG.jpg

EQTis0XUwAA4xUc.jpg

EQTiJb_U8AEzFdw.jpg

The pics imply that this release will come with a gunpod. Small bonus, but it was one of those things that was sorely missing in previous Yamcadia VF-4 releases.

9 hours ago, MKT said:

The pics imply that this release will come with a gunpod. Small bonus, but it was one of those things that was sorely missing in previous Yamcadia VF-4 releases.

My memory is fuzzy but I think if you ordered the VF-4G from Arcadia direct they included the gunpod seperately.

56 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

My memory is fuzzy but I think if you ordered the VF-4G from Arcadia direct they included the gunpod seperately.

Yup. It was included during Arcadia’s initial re-release exclusive on their website.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Good, I -wanted- the plain version.  Glad to see it's happening!

I want to see if I can order it somewhere where I don't need to pre-pay though.

It is premium finish tho? It’s not premium weathered but it has hella tampo. 

These shouldn’t be difficult to secure. That’s one thing I really appreciate about the Arcadia releases haha

7 minutes ago, sqidd said:

If I remember correctly this is from a video game or something isn't it? Was Hikaru the actual pilot/is this considered a "Hikaru"?

The grey version that Yamato and Arcadia released previously is from the video game. They didn't have the rights to make this one, which I think is the only one that actually shows up in Macross Flashback 2012:

FB2012_VF4a.jpg

That hasn't stopped Bandai from doing creative color variants in their HMR line. They released a Roy, which would have been impossible story-wise but looks nice, and they also previewed Max and Millia versions at a trade show last year.

24 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

It is premium finish tho? It’s not premium weathered but it has hella tampo. 

These shouldn’t be difficult to secure. That’s one thing I really appreciate about the Arcadia releases haha

There’s none of those ‘no step’ markings & the panel lines they showed off previously as the supposed premium finish version.

20 minutes ago, sqidd said:

If I remember correctly this is from a video game or something isn't it? Was Hikaru the actual pilot/is this considered a "Hikaru"?

This is from Macross Flashback 2012. Hikaru is the actual pilot, so it’s cannon. 

E96E3B8F-872B-4C94-8C59-A0F968B3D1AD.jpeg

E8DD6ACB-5385-4CC3-99DB-57CFB916BB22.jpeg

Edited by MKT

2 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

I don't know. $260 sounds about right. I paid ¥25,000 for my VF-4G back in 2012. I don't know about the re-release though.

So I assume that it's not listed for sale anywhere else right now because it's the weekend in Japan?

Well maybe, I can't find my old e-mail confirmation right now for the Yamato or Arcadia re-releases.  $260 would be a helluva relief for me, especially right now.

I don't know.  There's no tweets from any of the official channels either.  Plus, it doesn't look as tampo'd or panel lined like the con pics were.

Edited by Mommar

It is confusing that AE is the only shop that has this listed at the moment. Even Arcadia's own website doesn't have a blurb posted about it yet, and they're usually pretty good about that sort of thing.

Speaking for myself, the price is comparable to what I paid for my first release Arcadia VF-4G so that's okay. It stinks that the JPY to USD conversion rate is in the gutter at the moment. Back in 2015 when I paid 27000 for my Arcadia copy at HLJ, I think the total came to $224 before shipping. At today's rates that same price would convert to around $256 which is more comparable to what AE is asking at 28310.

I think I'm going to hold off on the AE pre-order and wait for more news on it. One thing I would like confirmation on is whether or not Arcadia plans to do a standard release and a premium release, or if this one release is all there is.

Edited by technoblue
typos and dates

1 minute ago, technoblue said:

It is confusing that AE is the only shop that has this listed at the moment. Even Arcadia's own website doesn't have a blurb posted about it yet, and they're usually pretty good about that sort of thing.

Speaking for myself, the price is comparable to what I paid for my first release Arcadia VF-4G so that's okay. It stink that the JPY to USD conversion rate is in the gutter at the moment. Back in 2016 when I paid 27000 for my Arcadia copy at HLJ, I think the total came to $224 before shipping. At today's rates that same price would convert to around $256 which is more comparable to what AE is asking at 28310.

I think I'm going to hold off on the AE pre-order and wait for more news on it. One thing I would like confirmation on is whether or not Arcadia plans to do a standard release and a premium release, or if this one release is all there is.

Outside of lack of panel lining what AE has posted is pretty much screen accurate in terms of tampo shown. 

That's too bad about the relative lack of tampo printing. At least they got a lot of the major ones down.

I think I'd prefer the lower price of a non-premium at this point if they can at least keep that amount of tampo shown in the shots on AE and not be so utterly bare bones like the VF-0S.

I do hate panel lining this thing though. the 4G was a pain in the ass because the panel lines were so shallow that my standard methods were a no go. Was forced to use a mechanical pencil instead.

Looks like I'll need to get some VF-1 waterslide decals for the other markings.

Just now, Mommar said:

Outside of lack of panel lining what AE has posted is pretty much screen accurate in terms of tampo shown. 

Yeah, that makes it tempting all on its own. For me, it would just be cool to have some clarification from Arcadia or Mr. K about what's up.

I also want to know if this does or does not include a gunpod.  The pics don't show any.

I read near the top of this page that the 4G re-release came with a gunpod, but did they include any way to mount it in fighter mode?

Edit:

I just noticed this from up top:

EQTiJb_U8AEzFdw.jpg

So this means there are two planned releases right? Regular and PF.

So there would still be a PF version coming.

Edited by MacrossJunkie